Kevin Stallings Tells His Own Player "I'll ****** Kill You"

Y'all are overreacting to this. This dude got ratted out for unsportsmanship behavior after the game, and his coach had the balls to make his ass apologize.

Embarrassing the player????? The player embarrassed the coach/team/university. It's no different than when I'm sure your parents or elder family members telling you the same thing when you were growing up after you did something stupid or embarrassed THEM. The coach is following along the same guidelines.

Also, while the optics may look bad none of us know the background history leading up to this. It may look like the coach lost it, but what if he's got on this kid over and over and over about sportsmanship? He did say, "I've told you 100 times". That could have been the straw that broke the camels back, but caught on camera. But maybe y'all are right. Let's fire the coach for trying to instill some class and dignity in his players/program.

If a player says that to a coach, whether he meant it or not, we wouldn't be saying the public is overreacting.

I guess Kevin Stallings has learned a lot about sportsmanship since this happened. He should have been T'd up for delay of game then, but they chose to go after Joakim Noah. I haven't liked Stallings or Vanderbilt since. lol

Y'all are overreacting to this. This dude got ratted out for unsportsmanship behavior after the game, and his coach had the balls to make his ass apologize.

Embarrassing the player????? The player embarrassed the coach/team/university. It's no different than when I'm sure your parents or elder family members telling you the same thing when you were growing up after you did something stupid or embarrassed THEM. The coach is following along the same guidelines.

Also, while the optics may look bad none of us know the background history leading up to this. It may look like the coach lost it, but what if he's got on this kid over and over and over about sportsmanship? He did say, "I've told you 100 times". That could have been the straw that broke the camels back, but caught on camera. But maybe y'all are right. Let's fire the coach for trying to instill some class and dignity in his players/program.

Seems like some are under-reacting and giving this coach the benefit of the doubt. So the coach didn't have enough self-control and discipline to wait until he got to the locker room to express his curse ridden tirade? So the coach accuses the player of embarassing the university when HE did exactly the same thing, if not worse by publicly threatening to "fucking kill" a player?
Throwing whatever finger sign he threw was worse than threatening a player's life on national television, but coach get's a pass? Heck, the coach didn't even want to apologize for his curse ridden tirade until he found out all of it was caught on camera. LOL!
If he acts like this in public, one can only imagine his tone and verbage during closed door practices.

Having a title of "coach" doesn't give one the go ahead to act an ass, while punishing the player for acting like one. That's the exact definition of hypocrisy and master-slave relationship.

The UT coach was just upset because they lost the game @ home. Those clowns @ UT does all kinds of stuff on the floor when they win, so why is the wimp coach from UT crying...

The sad part is those "roes" feel at home, when they are called name by their coaches. I can only imagine the good old boys at the country club is saying "good job Kevin"

Now I am wondering how the player feel...

Remember Sean Woods @ Morehead State and his behavior toward Atkinson a few years ago. There was public out cry for his firing, Stalling get a free pass "Word"

Last edited:
Jameis got suspended for saying a dirty joke among other students.

Stallings says "I will kill you" to a player on national TV and won't get suspended.

Last edited:
Jameis got suspended for saying a dirty joke among other students.

Stallings says "I will kill you" to a player on national TV and won't get suspended.

Good ole boy network at it's best. Bet if that was a Black coach saying "I'll fucking kill you" to a White player, he would've been suspended before sunrise the next day. Figured nothing would happen to Stallings.
I wonder how the parent of that student felt when he/she heard good ole boy Stallings threaten their son.

Now it's a race thing? And Stallings is the newest hero at the KKKounty KKKlub slapping high fives.

Have y'all seen our SWAC coaches in action? Serious question. What do you think they say to their players?

Nobody is or should be surprised some coaches use certain language toward players.

But once you see or hear a coach, an authority figure, say what Stallings said on national TV, it's becomes unacceptable.

The players are powerless. The coach isn't. A player can't speak to a coach like that without that player being disciplined or such incidents being used as a referendum on what's wrong with athletes and young people in general.

We can't wait to put an athlete in his place or moralize or use paternalism when they misbehave or there is a perception that athlete isn't adhering to authority. But we make so many excuses for coaches who have all the power, money and expect everyone else to live up to standards they always can't.

We celebrate coaches for their outbursts. I heard John Feinstein wax poetically about Bobby Knight throwing a chair across the court in frustration while at Indiana.

We'd want to have a player committed for doing something like that.

Because this incident happened on national TV, Stallings has to be suspended for one game. You just can't say that.

Now it's a race thing? And Stallings is the newest hero at the KKKounty KKKlub slapping high fives.

Have y'all seen our SWAC coaches in action? Serious question. What do you think they say to their players?

The player was Black, the coach was White. The White coach got away with telling the Black player on national television, "I'll fucking kill you". Based on the history of how Black folks are treated by the media versus White folks, if a Black coach had said that to a White player, the White media would've been outraged.
Seen it done too many times to believe otherwise, especially in the good ole boy South.

By the way, no matter the curse words spewed from their mouth, I've never heard a SWAC coach threaten to "fucking kill a player".

Truer words have never been spoken. I have three season tickets right behind the visiting teams bench, and I they kill me laughing, listening to some of the things they tell the players.

I post some pictures on fb of Mike Davis going in on a player, calling him stupid and cussing him like a sailor.

Him and both bama coaches keep me in stitches.

:D

Mane I just watched the video. What that kid did wasn't squat and didn't warrant anything.

Back