JSU Baseball

NOISE TALKA said:
The JSU Tigers will not be in the SWAC Tourney...
OK, what done happened now? Even though we lost to Alcorn last night, we are still in 3rd place in the East. Top 3 teams from each division goes to the tourney. Why will JSU not be there???

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
More of the same B.S. I'm still getting the details.... only thing i'm absolutely sure of is that JSU will not be participating.

I believe Alabama State will be the 3rd Seed from the East.

..all i can say is DAYUM SHAME

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
This was probably going to be one of the best tournaments in years. :redhot: PVU really lucked out with this one.

ineligible players is coming from the rumor mill...how did we luck out? Yes, we get Alabama State who basically sent their team home....yes, we get a team that has been scored on but no one from the West knows anything about them. That's the scary part.

SU also benefited from this thing and gets Alcorn, a team they can beat. Playing Valley early would've been a challenge due to the unknown factor.

The rumor that I heard is that a number of baseball people were together last night be chance and after heated discourse and discussion, the topic of more ineligible player(s) came up. The word is that Salter has been removed as head coach ... this is a mistake. Salter seemed like a good guy and a good coach to me.

the band fan said:
ineligible players is coming from the rumor mill...how did we luck out? Yes, we get Alabama State who basically sent their team home....yes, we get a team that has been scored on but no one from the West knows anything about them. That's the scary part.

SU also benefited from this thing and gets Alcorn, a team they can beat. Playing Valley early would've been a challenge due to the unknown factor.
SU was already playing Alcorn, since they beat JSU last night. PVU now gets Bama St, instead of JSU ,the team that was playing at home, and was leading the nation in hitting. Now you tell me who's the easier team to face.

Another Fan said:
The rumor that I heard is that a number of baseball people were together last night be chance and after heated discourse and discussion, the topic of more ineligible player(s) came up. The word is that Salter has been removed as head coach ... this is a mistake. Salter seemed like a good guy and a good coach to me.

Whom ever you got your facts from it's untrue there was no heated meeting or discussion. Who would be meeting that would have any pull like that ? People don't care about baseball like that.

They wont be in the tourney and Coach Salter is no longer the Coach lets just take it as that.

Trust JSU will get through this and will come out on the goodside after all.

This is truly sad. I really hate it for the kids. I understand that we are in BIG trouble. I have wanted Salters gone for a LONG time. Now, I get my wish, but with major repercussions.

From first place to nowhere.:mad::redhot:

newboy said:
What was the problem with him? Why did you want him gone?
Because he's a moron who doesn't know how to coach or recruit. Watching the team perform under Braddy and then seeing them perform under Salter showed a tremendous difference. Braddy's teams only had SU to worry about. Salter's teams had to worry about every team not from Alabama. Players make too many errors on routine plays. We always only had one good pitcher that we could count on to give us 5 innings. Our pitching staff has sucked almost every year under Salter, especially after Braddy's players left. Salter's dumb arse ran Dewan Day off to SU. Salter's teams can't beat Belhaven or Mississippi College.

I could go on, but I'll stop. He's gone now and I'm happy about that, at least.

Robber...Braddy's latter teams came during a time when most schools didn't care enough about baseball. The Alabama schools didn't care, PV was just fielding a team along with UAPB and Valley, Rat's teams at Alcorn never made much noise and TSU wasn't as serious about their program also..SU had the ability to stack all his teams as a result on the west and JSU to the East.

I would like to see Braddy now coach in an era where more teams are competitive.

Salter coached like he was at a basketball game if you ask me....stomping and ranting....

wonder if the NCAA will intervene

I

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bama St. is 11-31-1. Come on now BF.:lol: :lol: PV really got a break. Its not your fault. I really wish my Jags were in that position. I feel badly for JSU players, especially the seniors.:smh:

we beat JSU as a 3 last season also....the one time they got us this year the weather was bad and cold...

Their ace has 108 strikeouts somehow so no telling what they have over there...on paper...we have an advantage...I'll give you that.

Another Fan said:
The word is that Salter has been removed as head coach ... this is a mistake. Salter seemed like a good guy and a good coach to me.
You are one of the few that believe that.

Blacknbengal said:
You are one of the few that believe that.

I have to admit that I don't get a chance to see Jackson State's baseball games, but from what I have heard, read, watched on the news during highlights it appears a change is needed and there wouldn't be a riot in Jackson if Salter is removed.

Robber said:
Salter's teams had to worry about every team not from Alabama.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

now see, that wasn't even called for.

:lol::lol:

SUJAGTILLIDIE said:
Bama State is 11-31-1
:retard: :scared:
ummm, nobody asked you to post Bama State's record.
:lol::lol:

sheesh!

Potential violations end JSU's season

Use of ineligible players lead to probe, ouster from SWAC tourney

By David Brandt
david.brandt@clarionledger.com

Jackson State's baseball postseason is over before it started. Now the athletic administration is left to investigate why.

A winning season was struck from the record books Wednesday when JSU athletic director Bob Braddy announced the Tigers will not play in the Southwestern Athletic Conference tournament because they used two ineligible players throughout the season.

"The hardest part was looking at the players and telling them that there will be no postseason," said Braddy. "We're trying to figure out all the facts and see how this happened ... We felt we needed to be proactive and SWAC commissioner Robert Vowels agreed with me."

JSU suspended coach Mark Salter with pay until an internal investigation is completed. Braddy, who was named athletic director in February, gave no timetable for resolving the situation. He would not say who is at fault or why ineligible players were allowed to play.

Salter, in his fifth season with the Tigers, would not comment on the investigation or his suspension when reached by telephone.

"Maybe I'll talk about it when my thoughts are clear and rational," Salter said. "But I don't want to say anything now."

Sophomore infielder Cedric James and freshman pitcher J.J. Jackson are the ineligible players, said Braddy. Both played extensively throughout the season.

James was found to be academically ineligible, said Braddy, while Jackson never cleared the NCAA Clearinghouse, a national organization that must certify the academic eligibility of all incoming athletes.

The Tigers forfeited four games earlier in the season for using another ineligible player, Donte Hill.

Jackson State's record in the SWAC has been reduced to 1-23 after finishing 18-6 on the field. The Tigers would have been the third seed from the East in the six-team SWAC tournament scheduled for May 18-21 at Trustmark Park.

With JSU out, Alabama State was added to the tournament.

News of the Tigers' exit from the tournament spread quickly throughout the conference. Mississippi Valley State coach Doug Shanks called it a "shame."

Considering the Tigers would have essentially been the home team during the SWAC tournament, Shanks figures attendance will take a direct hit.

"I think it hurts all of us in the conference and it's just a completely sad deal," Shanks said. "Really, I can't believe that Jackson State isn't going to be there. The whole idea of having this tournament in Jackson was getting all three Mississippi teams involved."

Omar Johnson, who was an assistant under Salter, is the interim head coach. The Tigers still have one game left in the Throwback Classic on Saturday in Gary, Ind.

The Tigers last played on Tuesday in a regular-season SWAC finale, falling to Alcorn State 8-5 at Smith-Wills Stadium

Guess I'll just go and eat hotdogs...................cheer for nobody.:smh:

Dammit!!:kaioken: :redhot: :kaioken:

Back