Jackson State Football Notes: 2008-Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wray can say whatever to the paper......I guess you believe them white folks over your AD. Braddy aint no dummy. So I would tend to believe what he says. So until he sees the contract......highlighting what Wray said is moot.

For the record, Rita Wray is black......

Sorry to inform you Jayrob......the schollie cuts meant none of the walkons earned a scholarship for this year. Everybody else got theirs. Pete don't award all 63 scholarships every year anyway. It was in the paper. I guess yall glossed over that tidbit. He found a work around. Most of our coaches in the SWAC do not use all 63 scholarships every year.

That explains the lack of depth issue. Oh well, if you like it, I love it!!:smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This means that Pete has done his "con" job well....once again.

I do recall hearing this SAME type of unbridled enthusiasm last year. I won't name names, cause I'm in a good mood. (It's the first of the month).:emlaugh:

jayrob..maybe you should give up...go back to spring football practice and listen to the 50lbs base of the sonic boom

jayrob..maybe you should give up...go back to spring football practice and listen to the 50lbs base of the sonic boom

Dude, your substitution of trivial, inconsequential, elementary-type jokes in place of actual football talk is PROOF that either you're totally ignorant of the sport or you're just trying to avoid talking about the INEVITABLE coming massacre at Memorial in October, or maybe both. I'll choose the latter.

I can't wait to chant....GO HOME!! when the Jukes march in and as they march out.:lmao::lmao:

Naw.......he WAS one of'em.......until he allowed a high schooler and a band geek to take over the Jag Nation. :lol:

That's good and I'm going to continue to be the high schooler that I am so come up with something new but if you can't then I will have to add you the list of HATERS that I have.

Can you blame him for abandoning them clowns?! I think it was a genious move on his part. JR ain't no fool.:tup:

A clown would be a person who don't know the difference between spring and summer. Oh well *shrugs* True dumb @$$! :smh:

:lol: @ not know where your gonna play yet. po jsue

I'll bet you 100 dollars that come first week in October, you'll be at Memorial.

Dude, the business folks will have a FIT if JSU don't play in Jackson, so in reality, JSU has the upper hand. I need say no more, THANK YOU!!

She may be.........but she works for them other folks........and obviously Braddy aint happy right now.

True. And I've always had suspicions about black republicans, lol. (j/k) But I think this will all work out in the end. Of course there will be some negotiating on both sides.

We have to take into consideration that the DFA took control of stadium operations only 30 days ago. I don't think they could do anything before that point, so I have to applaud their promptness. I think we'll see smiles from both parties within the next 30 days. :tup:

As for Braddy, he's doing what he's supposed to do as far as staying on top of things, but he needs to work on his poker face. He could do a better job of not showing all of his frustration to the media outlets. But if that's the only problem we have w/ our AD, then we have a good one.

Dude, you forgot to highlight that part, so I did it for you.:tup:

This is nothing compared to Southern's.....oh, never mind.:emlaugh:

Why would I highlight that? I figure you guys already know it's "win-win" for you. I posted a story and you second line, of course, jabs at SU even though we know where ALL of our games will be.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Dont be posting our business on the internet
(like a lil beyoitch)
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Why? I mean y'all said it was PUBLIC, right? You don't have any team news right now. Just don't be PVU with this "where are we gonna play ish"?

Y'all are some defensive mofos ..... I just post a story, in the effort of getting news out to the masses and these fools are talking about our stadium, our players' grades, and the like.

What the pluck does any of that have to do with this article?

Your AD is worried.
The fear from Jackson is thick.
I hope it gets done for you, but to just pass it off like it's nothing .... you must be BOLD or extremely stupid.

MCKENNA IS BACK

Posted 7/30/2008 4:31 PM CDT on clarionledger.com
Last week coach JSU coach Rick Comegy said QB A.J. McKenna was leaving the program.

Well, the two sat down yesterday and decided that he would stay.

"After talking, there's a better understanding between us," Comegy said.

McKenna's situation has been strange since he transferred in January. He became the No. 1 QB in the spring with Tray Rutland out with an injury. But there was always something odd about the relationship between him and the coaches. I've heard him described as just a different kind of kid. Not in a bad way, just different. It didn't sound like anyone could really get a good read on him...

"I think he wasn't sure how we felt about him," Comegy said about why he thought McKenna had decided to leave.

KAREEM BLOG

Re: MCKENNA IS BACK

Last week coach JSU coach Rick Comegy said QB A.J. McKenna was leaving the program.

Well, the two sat down yesterday and decided that he would stay.

"After talking, there's a better understanding between us," Comegy said.

McKenna's situation has been strange since he transferred in January. He became the No. 1 QB in the spring with Tray Rutland out with an injury. But there was always something odd about the relationship between him and the coaches. I've heard him described as just a different kind of kid. Not in a bad way, just different. It didn't sound like anyone could really get a good read on him...

"I think he wasn't sure how we felt about him," Comegy said about why he thought McKenna had decided to leave.

McKenna is a huge part of the quarterback depth. The No. 1 job is basically Rutland's to lose. Then there's McKenna and La. Tech transfer Michael Mosley. Both are transfers, but at least they have playing experience. After that it's big-time recruit freshman Domonick Brit and freshman Dedric McDonald.

Rumors that McKenna flunked out are false. He had class this summer, passed and is eligible
CLARIONLEDGER.COM/KAREEM BLOG

True. And I've always had suspicions about black republicans, lol. (j/k) But I think this will all work out in the end. Of course there will be some negotiating on both sides.

We have to take into consideration that the DFA took control of stadium operations only 30 days ago. I don't think they could do anything before that point, so I have to applaud their promptness. I think we'll see smiles from both parties within the next 30 days. :tup:

As for Braddy, he's doing what he's supposed to do as far as staying on top of things, but he needs to work on his poker face. He could do a better job of not showing all of his frustration to the media outlets. But if that's the only problem we have w/ our AD, then we have a good one.

I agree...........Braddy is doing what he is supposed too. I aint mad at him. He is old school so those emotions are just how he is. Otherwise he is good people. He will make sure JSU gets a fair deal that's for sure.

Part 2, already? :confused:

You knew it was comming.
Braddy is not stupid like the people at SUck's that let a construction company reem them for $8 million more dollar's than what was agreed upon. :lol:

How can you let a $9 million project balloon to $16 million for the same plan in mid stream. :lol:

You knew it was comming.
Braddy is not stupid like the people at SUck's that let a construction company reem them for $8 million more dollar's than what was agreed upon. :lol:

How can you let a $9 million project balloon to $16 million for the same plan in mid stream. :lol:

Uh where did you get that from? That project was a 14 million dollar one from the outset with the field house and other additions being added to the project. If you are an active SU alum you knew that. So 16 million aint far from what I saw initially a few years ago at an alumni conference. BTW, there are cost overuns you know.......the Twins have a new stadium being built here as I type.........the construction costs have already been said to exceed what was approved or budgeted in the beginning.

The signing of the stadium contract is a couple of pay grades above that of Coach Brady... His is not the desk that this has to cross to get final ok...So whatever posturing he may be doing is just that posturing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back