Jackson State Football Notes: 2008-Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayRob

TigaPaw
Fall football starts in a couple of days by the way and we have much more to talk about.:tup:

Hope this one's not abruptly closed.

Since it's directly linked to JSU football, I figured this would be good here ....

Offer on table, but JSU hasn't signed it
Kareem Copeland ? kareemcopeland@clarionledger.com ? July 31, 2008

Jackson State and the Department of Finance and Administration have yet to reach an agreement on the tenant-renter relationship for Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium, DFA deputy executive director Rita Wray said Wednesday.

The Tigers are scheduled to play their football home opener in the 67-year-old stadium on Sept. 6 against Stillman.

The DFA assumed control of the facility from a governor-appointed Stadium Commission July 1, per state legislation.

"Nothing signed today .... but it's on the table," Wray said. "I received their stadium proposal that included (all of their concerns) and they were incorporated within that contract. I think it's going to be a win-win for both."

Wray said that she is not concerned that a contract has not been signed. JSU athletic director Bob Braddy feels differently.

"We are very concerned," Braddy said. "As of this moment, I have not seen (a contract). It's rather frustrating.

"We will not play in the stadium without a contract. And we will play some place. The game will be played. That's all I can say."

Offer On Table

I know the J-State Tigers here aren't worried, but your AD seems to be. Any contingency plans for where you would play?

Wow.......Braddy sounds serious. I am sure they will get a contract signed.

I am curious to where Braddy would be willing to play if the contract didn't get signed.
There is no adequate stadium in the Jackson city limits outside of Memorial to play in. Newell Field is not even really a good HS stadium....it used to be. But it aint big enough. Hughes Fields as well...was never worth anything either. I always hated when we played there in HS. Did they build another stadium for HS ball in Jackson that I don't know about?

Anyway hopefully the contract gets signed.

Since it's directly linked to JSU football, I figured this would be good here ....

"Nothing signed today .... but it's on the table," Wray said. "I received their stadium proposal that included (all of their concerns) and they were incorporated within that contract. I think it's going to be a win-win for both."

I know the J-State Tigers here aren't worried, but your AD seems to be. Any contingency plans for where you would play?

Dude, you forgot to highlight that part, so I did it for you.:tup:

This is nothing compared to Southern's.....oh, never mind.:emlaugh:

Dont be posting our business on the internet

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Dude, you forgot to highlight that part, so I did it for you.:tup:

This is nothing compared to Southern's.....oh, never mind.:emlaugh:

Compared to Southern's what?.........dude you do realize that your AD said he has not seen the contract. So he can't think it is a win win situation for JSU until he sees it for himself. Wray can say whatever to the paper......I guess you believe them white folks over your AD. Braddy aint no dummy. So I would tend to believe what he says. So until he sees the contract......highlighting what Wray said is moot.

Dude, that's nothing compared to eligibility or in yall's case.....ineligibility.

Who's ineligible Jay Rob......oh I forgot, you are waiting on a big list from Joe S to be put in the paper. Some of us already know who aint coming back. It is all good for 08.:pimp:

Dude, that's nothing compared to eligibility or in yall's case.....ineligibility.

i think u meant to post this on the AAMU thread..

Yeah thats it.

idiot!

Aye JR, do they have any nice size stadiums in Vicksburg? maybe they can play there.. *shrugs*

Who's ineligible Jay Rob......oh I forgot, you are waiting on a big list from Joe S to be put in the paper. Some of us already know who aint coming back. It is all good for 08.:pimp:
lol JR don't tell him that. I already know, as well as you and some other Jag Nation members.

Compared to Southern's what?.........dude you do realize that your AD said he has not seen the contract. So he can't think it is a win win situation for JSU until he sees it for himself. Wray can say whatever to the paper......I guess you believe them white folks over your AD. Braddy aint no dummy. So I would tend to believe what he says. So until he sees the contract......highlighting what Wray said is moot.

LOL

Frat...why do yall waste yall time with this dude? :lol:

"Snake"

lol JR don't tell him that. I already know, as well as you and some other Jag Nation members.

Dude, how many scholarship cuts, plus ineligible players? If it's one, that's one too many, cause yall need....let me repeat, yall NEED all the help you can get when you dawn Memorial (and you KNOW it will be Memorial), that hostile environment that yall call "God's Country".:emlaugh:

Dude, how many scholarship cuts, plus ineligible players? If it's one, that's one too many, cause yall need....let me repeat, yall NEED all the help you can get when you dawn Memorial (and you KNOW it will be Memorial), that hostile environment that yall call "God's Country".:emlaugh:

:lmao: That's our business, and trust me we are ready and I do mean ready.

Sorry to inform you Jayrob......the schollie cuts meant none of the walkons earned a scholarship for this year. Everybody else got theirs. Pete don't award all 63 scholarships every year anyway. It was in the paper. I guess yall glossed over that tidbit. He found a work around. Most of our coaches in the SWAC do not use all 63 scholarships every year.

:lmao: That's our business, and trust me we are ready and I do mean ready.

This means that Pete has done his "con" job well....once again.

I do recall hearing this SAME type of unbridled enthusiasm last year. I won't name names, cause I'm in a good mood. (It's the first of the month).:emlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back