ITS ON NOW !!!

ravel74

I'm not a Kobe hater just a Sun's fan. I'll give him his that boy a beast banking threes and everything BUT....

Its on the desert Saturday...

Now I gotta go fix this lil girl a bottle because I woke her up again fussin at the TV, its almost midnight pacific standard time and I gotta be at work for 6.

In the words of Magic Johnson the Lakers got outhustled and out physicalled(sp) tonight.

Yep...and STILL had the game in regulation... the hustle of the Suns showed in that broken play that sent it into OT.

ravel74 said:
Why did Walton sit the whole second half? He's the one that put Marion in foul trouble.
No the real question should be why did Phill keep Smush Parker's broke ass in the whole 2nd half.

ravel74 said:
I'm not a Kobe hater just a Sun's fan. I'll give him his that boy a beast banking threes and everything BUT....

Its on the desert Saturday...

Now I gotta go fix this lil girl a bottle because I woke her up again fussin at the TV, its almost midnight pacific standard time and I gotta be at work for 6.

Yeah, you are right...Its on! BTW, it was 2am EST and I have to be up at 5:30 but, it is all good because this series has gone to seven games. I know I will be "groggy" today, but I will manage.

:sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

damn, I'm just now seeing this thread after making my comments in bluedog's broke down thread :lol:

but the gist of 'em were that kobe cost the lakers that game. Kwame Brown may not be the best center, but dammit, if he has a midget checking him under the basket, he can dunk til the cows come home (like he was doing in the first quarter) and Odom can take Marion (lightweight) and they were both doing that until the ball hog went to work. He needs his arse whooped for that last shot he took in regulation. AWFUL. Absolutely AWFUL!!!!!
(and very much expected)
:lol:

MH,
Who else was going to take the shot in regulation? The only man open was Smush. If you saw the game you knew that was not an option.

Did I not say that this could be a role reversal for the Lakers? Remember in 2000, Portland had LA down 3 games to ZERO... Kobe... you have been warned.

All I can say is the Lakers deserve to lose this series after letting Phoenix win last night. That's two in a row :smh:

I'm a MAVs fans so I'm rooting for anyone playing against the Suns and Spurs. These are the only two teams with home court advantage against the MAVS in a series.

mighty hornet said:
damn, I'm just now seeing this thread after making my comments in bluedog's broke down thread :lol:

but the gist of 'em were that kobe cost the lakers that game. Kwame Brown may not be the best center, but dammit, if he has a midget checking him under the basket, he can dunk til the cows come home (like he was doing in the first quarter) and Odom can take Marion (lightweight) and they were both doing that until the ball hog went to work. He needs his arse whooped for that last shot he took in regulation. AWFUL. Absolutely AWFUL!!!!!
(and very much expected)
OK, I'll bite....if you watched the game you'd know that Kwame brown got into foul trouble and was become a liablity on defense. So they could not keep him there...eventhough he was key on offense. At one point they were going to Odom every chance they had. Odom was able to weave his way inside all the time, but he was not able to draw any foul to get him to the line.

Bottomline...Kobe did not lose the game. The problems were turnovers. Oh...and Smush didn't help either. They should have kept Vujacic(sp) in there instead.

SAME OLD G said:
No the real question should be why did Phill keep Smush Parker's broke ass in the whole 2nd half.

Yeah, cause if I was at Staples I woulda run on the court and cussed him out! He wasn't even trying. He had an open lane to the basket and his chump arse kicked the ball back out. It was like the Suns had five players and the Lakers had four. They weren't even gauding him most of the night.

But, on another note. Kobe made to many turnovers. That was what really kept the Suns alive. I think they converted on every turnover, too.

SAME OLD G said:
Odom was able to weave his way inside all the time, but he was not able to draw any foul to get him to the line.
ummm SOGGY,
what game were you watching?
How many 3 point opportunites did Odom get? At least 3 that I can easily think of. He's too big for Marion to check. He was key in that late push (just as Devin George had been earlier, just as Kwame Brown had been)

and jag4life,
That last shot in regulation was HORRIBLE. Don't even attempt to say it wasn't. I could see if they had inbounded the ball with a second on the clock, but there were actually 6 seconds left. Any objective person would know that you should be getting a much better shot off than the one kobe took. He held the ball and jacked up an awful shot with two men on him. After that, it was all downhill for the Lakers, cause they got torched in OT (those lil late cosmetic 3s kobe hit at the end meant nothing)

mighty hornet said:
ummm SOGGY,
what game were you watching?
How many 3 point opportunites did Odom get? At least 3 that I can easily think of. He's too big for Marion to check. He was key in that late push (just as Devin George had been earlier, just as Kwame Brown had been)

No, which game were you watching. Most of Odoms points came in the paint. He was only 1 - 5 from 3 point land, but he was 8-14 on the night. What game where you watching?

jag4life said:
It was tipped... horrible shot or good defense?
Horrible shot! Period.

whether it was tipped or not (and it didn't look like it was--although I didn't watch the replays)

In a tie game, where even 1 FT and you would win and when you have that much of an advantage on the inside as the Lakers do, you can get a much better shot than a turnaround, fade away jump shot from damn near halfcourt, being guarded by two men.

Kenn Rashad said:
No, which game were you watching. Most of Odoms points came in the paint. He was only 1 - 5 from 3 point land, but he was 8-14 on the night. What game where you watching?
I was talking about the "old-fashioned" 3 point play. Not the 3 point shot.

It was not a turnaround or a fadeaway and it was from the same spot he shot it last time he won it. Were you watching the game?

jag4life said:
It was not a turnaround or a fadeaway and it was from the same spot he shot it last time he won it. Were you watching the game?
Yes it was and yes I was watching.
(right up til Barkley said kobe was "trying to be the hero".
:lmao::lmao:

mighty hornet said:
I was talking about the "old-fashioned" 3 point play. Not the 3 point shot.

What part did you not understand?

Originally Posted by SAME OLD G
Odom was able to weave his way inside all the time, but he was not able to draw any foul to get him to the line.

You can't get to the line if the ref dosen't blow the whistle.

jag4life said:
The only man open was Smush. If you saw the game you knew that was not an option.

SAME OLD G said:
Oh...and Smush didn't help either. They should have kept Vujacic(sp) in there instead.

SAME OLD G said:

I dont remember anyone saying anything like this when Smush won those games....

Blacknbengal said:

I dont remember anyone saying anything like this when Smush won those games....

He didn't have bad games those times. He has been off for 3 games straight now.

Back