HBCU Baseball: 2/20 - 2/22

"They didn’t open the season last weekend as they normally would have because the MLB Urban Invitational in New Orleans was pushed back a week, thanks to a conflict with Mardi Gras."

This was from a story in the Advocate on Southern opening season late. Add it to Cador's impressive resume! I am sure Mardi Gras dates have been known much longer than Urban Youth Invite has existed. Maybe Roger needs to call Arthur Hardy to get next years date so he doesn't get confused with his scheduling. Didn't stop anyone else from scheduling...

"The Bulldogs also made an impression on the coach in the other dugout."

"Folks had better take them seriously," said Mississippi State Head Coach John Cohen. "Your going to read scores in the middle of the week and on the weekend and you're going to say 'Wow, how are they beating them.?'"It's because they're good and they have juniors and seniors who know how to play the game. That's a really good club."

The improvement in SWAC baseball will eventually lead to both the conference winner and an at-large team making the tournament. Just a few more pieces and some SWAC teams will be competitive in win and losses with the usual tournament participants. It is coming, I tell you.

"The Bulldogs also made an impression on the coach in the other dugout."

"Folks had better take them seriously," said Mississippi State Head Coach John Cohen. "Your going to read scores in the middle of the week and on the weekend and you're going to say 'Wow, how are they beating them.?'"It's because they're good and they have juniors and seniors who know how to play the game. That's a really good club."

The improvement in SWAC baseball will eventually lead to both the conference winner and an at-large team making the tournament. Just a few more pieces and some SWAC teams will be competitive in win and losses with the usual tournament participants. It is coming, I tell you.

You've been trying to tell them for several months now, lol...........Thumbs Up!

Back