Grant seeks restraining order against Southern

MightyDog said:
Now you should understand how VanGundy is feeling, the officials want him fired.

Is Grant related to General U.S. Grant, if he is that Judge better reconsider his decision.

MD..have you been sippin' out of TP's drinkin' gourd again????
Hell Coach Grant could be kin to Cary Grant, Hugh Grant, Horace Grant or even Grant Hill...it won't save his arse... :ebrow: :ebrow:

SU, GRANT, REACH PRELIMINARY SETTLEMENT

BATON ROUGE -- The Southern University Athletic Council, has announced that they have reached a preliminary settlement with outgoing coach, Michael Grant.
No details were immediately available, and Southern University Chancellor, Edward R. Jackson, has said documents and details should be available for the public on Monday.
This will bring to a close the Michael Grant era at SU. Grant was fired from his position as head men?s basketball coach two weeks ago, and Rob Spivery, formally of Alabama State, was named the Jaguars new head coach last week.

THERE SHOULD BE MORE ON THE NEWS TONIGHT AND IN THE ADVOCATE TOMORROW...

Journalist said:
MD..have you been sippin' out of TP's drinkin' gourd again????
Hell Coach Grant could be kin to Cary Grant, Hugh Grant, Horace Grant or even Grant Hill...it won't save his arse... :ebrow: :ebrow:

:lol:

Re: SU, GRANT, REACH PRELIMINARY SETTLEMENT

Journalist said:
BATON ROUGE -- The Southern University Athletic Council, has announced that they have reached a preliminary settlement with outgoing coach, Michael Grant.
No details were immediately available, and Southern University Chancellor, Edward R. Jackson, has said documents and details should be available for the public on Monday.
This will bring to a close the Michael Grant era at SU. Grant was fired from his position as head men?s basketball coach two weeks ago, and Rob Spivery, formally of Alabama State, was named the Jaguars new head coach last week.

THERE SHOULD BE MORE ON THE NEWS TONIGHT AND IN THE ADVOCATE TOMORROW...

I want to know if Freeze and Bumpy are on the Athletic Council. If they are on the Athletic Committee, then I will stop my support for Grant.

MightyDog said:
I want to know if Freeze and Bumpy are on the Athletic Council. If they are on the Athletic Committee, then I will stop my support for Grant.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Some of you guys sure know alot about SU.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:

Exactly!!!! Everybody wanna be a Jaguar. Ain't that right Bama St? *snicker* :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:

something I saw on another board.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." :slap:

SUjagTILLiDIE said:

If you want to know something about SU, PM me and I will let you know.

I told you the boy would get his money. His was a bad hire. Valdery should have gotten the job. Spivery won't be in Baton Rouge long. Now if someone would fire the chancellor we could make some progress.

thegooddoctor said:
I told you the boy would get his money.

yes and no, he has lawyers fee to pay now....wondering if he hired a Southern University Lawyer if so we get some of our money back.:slap:

thegooddoctor said:
I told you the boy would get his money. His was a bad hire. Valdery should have gotten the job. Spivery won't be in Baton Rouge long. Now if someone would fire the chancellor we could make some progress.

Good lawd that sounds like a private forum comment. :lol:

This shid is wild...

MD, Judge Johnson has a twin brother who is also a lawyer. You talk about some characters. One of them was helping the other run for office when he fell off the pickup truck. He sued his brother's insurance. A while back one of the brother's car was left on the interstate...the cops arrested him for DUI or something like that. The charges were dropped cuz due to something bizarre like him being on the passenger side and stating that the person he was riding with had left. Not quite sure but it was something wild like that...

Dem Johnson boys are a hoot...but apparently some clever azz lawyers.

Journalist said:
Ladies and Gentlemen of TSPN...the above mentioned quote from Gee Arrah proves that the apocalypse is at hand and the time of reckoning is drawing nigh. For when Gee Arrah agrees with an SU move or poster, it is time to repent and prepare for the rapture... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :topic:

But really though...just cut Grant the check and let him be on his way...
Journalist

You will find that GR is not on anyones side. All GR is interested in is right and wrong. GR is not a respector of school...who is a school that TGO should respect them. Dude shouldna been eating out YT talking about who he was going to bring in publically while employed for someone else. That was stupid.

Then again, if you fire someone under contract, PAY THEM. But give him a hard time first though.

Get Ready said:
Journalist

Then again, if you fire someone under contract, PAY THEM. But give him a hard time first though.

lol@GR :lmao:

Have a Blessed DAY........

Get Ready said:
Journalist

You will find that GR is not on anyones side. All GR is interested in is right and wrong. GR is not a respector of school...who is a school that TGO should respect them. Dude shouldna been eating out YT talking about who he was going to bring in publically while employed for someone else. That was stupid.

Ok now I finally see why you are TGO. My sentiments exactly. Dude disrespected SU, the SWAC, and the coaching profession. I knew there were something not quite right when he bashed his players in the papers during the end of the season. A coach can rip his players azz (if warranted) all he wants in practice or in his locker room...BUT NEVAH CFUKING DO IT IN PUBLIC!!!!

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
He didn't get his full Salary. I also heard he has a assistants job at a bigtime program lined up.
Thank you and that is what the battle was about whether or not SU pays him his full years salary not whether or not SU pays him.

BgJag yes one of his lawyers actually work for the university and she's a fine mama-jamma. :swink:

bluedog said:
Thank you and that is what the battle was about whether or not SU pays him his full years salary not whether or not SU pays him.

BgJag yes one of his lawyers actually work for the university and she's a fine mama-jamma. :swink:

She better watch what she says...Tony Clayton will run her azz off too!

Grant, SU agree on final deal

By RANDY ROSETTA
rrosetta@theadvocate.com
Advocate sportswriter

Grant
When the clock rolls to midnight on Sunday night, Michael Grant's tenure as the Southern University men's basketball coach will officially conclude.
On Friday, the ousted Jaguars' coach and the Southern Chancellor Edward Jackson finally reached an agreement to make that exit as amicable as possible.

The two sides finally completed an out-of-court settlement Friday afternoon, severing Grant's relationship with the school after his termination in late April created a lingering firestorm of controversy.

The two main components of the settlement are:

Grant will receive an immediate lump sum of $25,333 -- one-third of the annual salary of $76,000 that he had remaining on a three-year contract he signed in 2003.

Read story:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/051405/sou_grant001.shtml

Nikki Essex-Manuel does not work for the University.... Conflict of interest anyway if she did..... oh, but she is, quite attractive....... :nod:

Anonymous said:
Nikki Essex-Manuel does not work for the University.... Conflict of interest anyway if she did..... oh, but she is, quite attractive....... :nod:

The question was, was she a Southern grad.

Back