Grant seeks restraining order against Southern

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
By RANDY ROSETTA
rrosetta@theadvocate.com
Advocate sportswriter

Michael Grant's well-publicized and messy departure as the Southern University men's basketball coach isn't over yet, and the story took another strange twist through the legal system on Friday.
Grant's attorneys Wade Shows and Nikki Essex-Manuel sued Southern and others on Grant's behalf late Friday afternoon seeking a temporary restraining order against Southern in regard to a meeting of the University Athletic Council scheduled for 10 a.m. Monday.

The defendants listed in the petition are Southern University, Chancellor Edward R. Jackson, President Leon Tarver, Athletics Director Floyd Kerr and the university's Board of Supervisors.

According to an official stamp from the 19th Judicial District Court, the petition was filed at 5:39 p.m. Friday, nine minutes after the office normally closes.

Because the petition was filed so late in the afternoon, it has not been assigned to a judge. The earliest a judge will review the case should be Monday morning.
Read the story

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
this is gonna get ugly

Nah it won't. Grant doesn't realize what state he's in. Aint nothing going to happen but either he gets some money or he doesn't. I wouldn't bet on any Juge down there just to give him what he wants. Aint La a right to work state? Probable cause was he was not representing SU to the fullest doing recruiting season. There is a reason why YSU didn't give him that job. It's the same reason SU why SU fired him. Sometimes silence is golden ask Jeff Van Gundy. LOL.

He'll get his money for the 3rd year, but he needs to call the moving van.
Dumb move on his part the Youngstown State interview. Mouth shot him in the behind. :rolly:

:read:

An ugly situation just got uglier. :smash:

Sometimes it's best to just let sleeping dogs (Jags) lie.

Way to go SU

You did right firing his ass. Although he was probably selling wolf tickets to get that job at Youngstown, give him the boot. If he was that excited about moving from La to Northern Ohio, then move on buddy.

adios grant!

after talking with several players i see why he was on his way out..it was gonna happen.. him running his mouth to the media just made the wheels turn faster.

Get Ready said:
Way to go SU

You did right firing his ass. Although he was probably selling wolf tickets to get that job at Youngstown, give him the boot. If he was that excited about moving from La to Northern Ohio, then move on buddy.

Ladies and Gentlemen of TSPN...the above mentioned quote from Gee Arrah proves that the apocalypse is at hand and the time of reckoning is drawing nigh. For when Gee Arrah agrees with an SU move or poster, it is time to repent and prepare for the rapture... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :topic:

But really though...just cut Grant the check and let him be on his way...

Get Ready said:
Way to go SU

GR, the great one, please tell me how a fired AD can fire a coach and hire a Bama Coach. How is this possible? Did the AD get reinstated for the press conference and refired after firing Grant? I don't understand Boot politics. How can you fire a coach who had Suits to match his team?

MightyDog said:
GR, the great one, please tell me how a fired AD can fire a coach and hire a Bama Coach. How is this possible? Did the AD get reinstated for the press conference and refired after firing Grant? I don't understand Boot politics. How can you fire a coach who had Suits to match his team?

It is simple. We do not have a dictatorship. At the SUperior program, we have multiple decision makers with checks and balances. Anything else bama? :lol: However, sometimes with all of the checks and balances in place, the decision can be flawed. Will this be the case? We shall see.

Clarence Thomas........send help

MightyDog said:
How can you fire a coach who had Suits to match his team?

Um, MD...Are you sure you talking bout Grant? I was sure you was talking bout Lafayette Stribling, the shaaaaaaaarpest man in the SWAC :bump: :bump:

Shid Strib got the suit, the hat and the gators to match not only his team, BUT YOUR TEAM as well. :smash: Strib got a suit to walk into the gym in and a suit to coach in...

JROCK said:
It is simple. We do not have a dictatorship. At the SUperior program, we have multiple decision makers with checks and balances. Anything else bama? :lol: However, sometimes with all of the checks and balances in place, the decision can be flawed. Will this be the case? We shall see.

Clarence Thomas........send help

Since I cannot find Lewis, I will accept your answer for now, but I am still waiting for Lewis to respond on another thread. In the meantime, I need Grant Address so we can send some of that BBQ money we made to help him pay his legal fees. You don't need Clarence, you all need Edward Edwards.

MightyDog said:
Since I cannot find Lewis, I will accept your answer for now, but I am still waiting for Lewis to respond on another thread. In the meantime, I need Grant Address so we can send some of that BBQ money we made to help him pay his legal fees. You don't need Clarence, you all need Edward Edwards.

Clarence or Edward both are capable of making bad decisions. :lol: But to you, Edward's ice water is probably colder. :lol:

15906_256.jpg

Council postpones Grant hearing

A decision on whether Southern University will have to pay the third and final year of fired men's basketball coach Michael Grant was delayed Monday.
The school's University Athletic Council is scheduled to hear the matter at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Board of Supervisors' meeting room at the J.S. Clark Administration Building.

The council was supposed to have an appeals hearing when it met Monday in the board's meeting room but voted to postpone hearing the case after a delay was requested.

Prior to the hearing, state Judge Don Johnson of Baton Rouge :emlaugh: (guess where he graduated from) on Monday refused to grant a temporary restraining order that would have blocked the hearing. Grant's attorneys had filed the order after business hours Friday.
Read the story

bluedog said:
15906_256.jpg

Council postpones Grant hearing

A decision on whether Southern University will have to pay the third and final year of fired men's basketball coach Michael Grant was delayed Monday.
The school's University Athletic Council is scheduled to hear the matter at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Board of Supervisors' meeting room at the J.S. Clark Administration Building.

The council was supposed to have an appeals hearing when it met Monday in the board's meeting room but voted to postpone hearing the case after a delay was requested.

Prior to the hearing, state Judge Don Johnson of Baton Rouge :emlaugh: (guess where he graduated from) on Monday refused to grant a temporary restraining order that would have blocked the hearing. Grant's attorneys had filed the order after business hours Friday.
Read the story

What happened to constitutional rights in the Boot. You cannot fire a man for speaking out. Now I see why it is difficult to win at SU Homecoming.

MightyDog said:
What happened to constitutional rights in the Boot. You cannot fire a man for speaking out. Now I see why it is difficult to win at SU Homecoming.

um MD...you should be the last person to question a state and constitutional rights, given Alabama and the fuss over Amendment 2.... :read: :smash:

P.S.: It's difficult to win at SU Homecoming because, um...unlike AAMU, you're supposed to win your homecoming game. And talking trash/dissing SU in the newspapers -- the straw that broke the camel's back and got Grant fired -- doesn't help you against SU during Homecoming as well...but you're a little familiar with that, right? :bump:

Journalist said:
And talking trash/dissing SU in the newspapers -- the straw that broke the camel's back and got Grant fired -- doesn't help you against SU during Homecoming as well...but you're a little familiar with that, right? :bump:

:lol:

Journalist said:
um MD...you should be the last person to question a state and constitutional rights, given Alabama and the fuss over Amendment 2.... :read: :smash:

P.S.: It's difficult to win at SU Homecoming because, um...unlike AAMU, you're supposed to win your homecoming game. And talking trash/dissing SU in the newspapers -- the straw that broke the camel's back and got Grant fired -- doesn't help you against SU during Homecoming as well...but you're a little familiar with that, right? :bump:

Now you should understand how VanGundy is feeling, the officials want him fired.

Is Grant related to General U.S. Grant, if he is that Judge better reconsider his decision.

Back