GRAMBLING/TONY CLAYTON

Not that I have taken a position either way, but is Grambling better served as a part of the UL System? Are the alums pleased with what the UL System does for Grambling? I don't know the answers to those questions, just wondering.

The UL System is mandated by their charter to equally disperse funding to each of its member institutions. If Grambling is merged into the SU System, the state would slightly increase the funding to SU System, but that increase would be a lot less than what the UL System is currently giving Grambling, which would ultimately require the SU System to make drastic cuts across the board. Therefore, this would hurt both Southern and Grambling.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding why this guys comments are having much weight given the basic principles of the ULS Board. To understand this matter read my signature.

I'm not understanding why this guys comments are having much weight given the basic principles of the ULS Board. To understand this matter read my signature.

Like my pops used to say, "He's just talking to hear himself talk." Tony Clayton is nothing more than a Jindal Puppet and is looking out for Tony Clayton.

Like my pops used to say, "He's just talking to hear himself talk." Tony Clayton is nothing more than a Jindal Puppet and is looking out for Tony Clayton.

Dude must realize that he will not have a job after Jindal leaves....so he is trying to impress so he can be Jindal's token.

Dude must realize that he will not have a job after Jindal leaves....so he is trying to impress so he can be Jindal's token.

Is it always like that? When token ninjas have an idea that their position in life is in jeopardy, they start doing strange things. And once he realizes he is no longer significant, his next step would be to attack those who empowered him, so he can try to impress those (Black folks) he once helped to keep down.

Right.

Is it always like that? When token ninjas have an idea that their position in life is in jeopardy, they start doing strange things. And once he realizes he is no longer significant, his next step would be to attack those who empowered him, so he can try to impress those (Black folks) he once helped to keep down.

yep.

Token ninjas are no different than the average Black drug dealers. Most of the time their careers are short lived with a serious downfall.

Token ninjas are no different than the average Black drug dealers. Most of the time their careers are short lived with a serious downfall.

Watch Tony Clayton apply for a job at Grambling when Jindal leaves office. :emlaugh:

Watch Tony Clayton apply for a job at Grambling when Jindal leaves office. :emlaugh:

I believe that is TC's intentions. His goal is to become the Chancellor of the Grambling campus if it's merged into the SU System. Every campus in the SU System has a Chancellor.

Last edited:
Thanks to this guy, TC became Louisiana token knee-grow:

DerrickToddLee.jpg

The UL System is mandated by their charter to equally disperse funding to each of its member institutions. If Grambling is merged into the SU System, the state would slightly increase the funding to SU System, but that increase would be a lot less than what the UL System is currently giving Grambling, which would ultimately require the SU System to make drastic cuts across the board. Therefore, this would hurt both Southern and Grambling.

That's how I see it as well. Unfortunately, some folks over in Sonja Norwood's SU group on Facebook are berating the people who have dismissed the idea. One person even accused us of having "shackles on our minds" because we spoke out against it.

I love Southern and I support the SU system. However, I honestly don't see the benefit for either Grambling or the SU system as a whole if this were to actually take place. If anything, I can see where it could hurt the system in the long run.

That's how I see it as well. Unfortunately, some folks over in Sonja Norwood's SU group on Facebook are berating the people who have dismissed the idea. One person even accused us of having "shackles on our minds" because we spoke out against it.

I love Southern and I support the SU system. However, I honestly don't see the benefit for either Grambling or the SU system as a whole if this were to actually take place. If anything, I can see where it could hurt the system in the long run.

Wait...what??? :lol: Shackles?? I missed that. I'm going to check that out. My question is, what good will come out of Grambling being a part of the SU System?

Are you talking about a group that is listed under Brandy's mother name? I knew she was a member of the Southern University Los Angeles Alumni Chapter, but I didn't know she was that much involved with the politics of Southern. Please send me the facebook link to that page. Thanks!!!!

I get the strange feeling that a few key folks might be getting paid to push this idea.

Last edited:
Are you talking about a group that is listed under Brandy's mother name? I knew she was a member of the Southern University Los Angeles Alumni Chapter, but I didn't know she was that much involved with the politics of Southern. Please send me the facebook link to that page. Thanks!!!!

I get the strange feeling that a few key folks might be getting paid to push this idea.

I just read where someone said that they feel that the move would strengthen both schools. Honestly, I don't see where that would happen. As a California native, I'm also tired of people trying to compare the SU system to Cal State and UC. The SU system is much smaller and does not appear to have the same setup as most larger systems. At this point, the system basically consists of a four-year institution (SUBR), a smaller four-year institution that is still mainly a commuter school (SUNO), a two-year institution (SUSLA), a law school, and an agricultural center. In actuality, the only thing that makes it a system is that all five are treated as stand-alone units. With some universities, their law school or other centers/locations are treated as part of the same single institution. For example, the University of Georgia has locations outside of Athens, but it is not set up as a separate system with UGA-Gwinnett, UGA-Tifton, and so on. The school is treated as a single unit of the University System of Georgia. The SU system is very different from Cal State or UC where nearly every unit is a stand-alone, four-year university.

Even though I am a proud HBCU alum, the racial undertones that I am seeing are getting to me as well. Honestly, I don't feel that Grambling should want to be a part of the SU system simply because we are both HBCUs. If Grambling is currently being better served under the UL system, then it is what it is. If we can't offer anything better than what they are currently receiving, then it would not be a wise move on either side.

Locally, I've never heard any outcry from Albany State, Fort Valley State, or Savannah State about wanting to leave the University System of Georgia. That doesn't mean that they are subscribing to the "European" system or that they would actually get better service elsewhere.

I just read where someone said that they feel that the move would strengthen both schools. Honestly, I don't see where that would happen. As a California native, I'm also tired of people trying to compare the SU system to Cal State and UC. The SU system is much smaller and does not appear to have the same setup as most larger systems. At this point, the system basically consists of a four-year institution (SUBR), a smaller four-year institution that is still mainly a commuter school (SUNO), a two-year institution (SUSLA), a law school, and an agricultural center. In actuality, the only thing that makes it a system is that all five are treated as stand-alone units. With some universities, their law school or other centers/locations are treated as part of the same single institution. For example, the University of Georgia has locations outside of Athens, but it is not set up as a separate system with UGA-Gwinnett, UGA-Tifton, and so on. The school is treated as a single unit of the University System of Georgia. The SU system is very different from Cal State or UC where nearly every unit is a stand-alone, four-year university.

Even though I am a proud HBCU alum, the racial undertones that I am seeing are getting to me as well. Honestly, I don't feel that Grambling should want to be a part of the SU system simply because we are both HBCUs. If Grambling is currently being better served under the UL system, then it is what it is. If we can't offer anything better than what they are currently receiving, then it would not be a wise move on either side.

Locally, I've never heard any outcry from Albany State, Fort Valley State, or Savannah State about wanting to leave the University System of Georgia. That doesn't mean that they are subscribing to the "European" system or that they would actually get better service elsewhere.

I agree to everything you have said, but do you know of any Grambling Alums supporting this issue?

The only way I see this being any good for both schools, only if the state is willing to provide the SU System more funding than what both schools are currently receiving, which I doubt that would happen, unless Southern and Grambling could get more federal monies as a merged HBCU System instead of two separate HBCU institutions. Also, one has to look at the long term goals of any federal programs that would provide more support for larger HBCU Systems.

Last edited:
I'm no TC fan at all but dude is SU's largest donor. His time on SU's board is coming to a end this month. He is a prosecutor for a couple of parish's, he will have a job even when Jindal is gone.

Back