Grambling President Willie Larkin Fired

@The Founder

It seems like Governor Edwards appointed a SU Law professor which IMO is a big plus for Rick Gallot to be the next president.

I think the appointment of Rick Gallot at president would be a plus all around. I'm not on facebook but there are those who want a longer process. It is bothersome that GSU goes through this each and every time. We finally are about to get a GSU Alum that is in my opinion qualified and people are not happy.

The interesting thing is I have spoken with a number of faculty senate leaders and they are in support of Rick We just have some alumni who want things their way.

I think the appointment of Rick Gallot at president would be a plus all around. I'm not on facebook but there are those who want a longer process. It is bothersome that GSU goes through this each and every time. We finally are about to get a GSU Alum that is in my opinion qualified and people are not happy.

The interesting thing is I have spoken with a number of faculty senate leaders and they are in support of Rick We just have some alumni who want things their way.

If he does become GSU's President, I hope you are right, because there is more to being the school's president then just cutting side deals and having political hookups.

If he does become GSU's President, I hope you are right, because there is more to being the school's president then just cutting side deals and having political hookups.

I believe running a university is like running a business. The business is educating people.

What GSU had experienced over the last 10 years has been president after president attempting to utilize theory and experimental practices to run GSU. None of the previous presidents knew how to navigate the political climate, community climate, or alumni climate at GSU. They came to GSU wanting to institute what worked at other universities. Upon arrival they surrounding themselves with people who were only out to enhance themselves. Many of these persons have never worked anywhere except GSU. Therefore, their perception of new innovative approaches were limited.

Once these presidents were here the alumni who have been employed at other locales and bringing with them a wealth of knowledge were either ran off or ostrasized(sp). Many of those that were ran off were hired by other universities and these alumni/former employees are enhancing those said universities. SU has a few, and so does other SWAC, MEAC, Conference USA, Big 12, and SEC Schools. I used the athletic terms to note what type of schools they are employed at...though they are not employed in athletics.

SU's president is a SU Alum, so is Tech's, ULM, and Northwestern's. Why does GSU have someone who does not have a 100% clue of what GSU is outside of the brand that carries over throughout the U.S.?

JSU has not had an alum as President since the late 70s/early 80s and we have been just fine. Finding a good President is not easy but it's possible.

JSU has not had an alum as President since the late 70s/early 80s and we have been just fine. Finding a good President is not easy but it's possible.

The turnover at GSU is too much. It's like no one is ever satisfied. The shit is really sad.

Back