Grambling President Willie Larkin Fired

I was a lot worried about him when he was hired. He just didn't give off the impression that he could advance grambling, more of a stand in type guy.

Interested in your thoughts on this

Despite all that was said about how big a mistake it was for the ULS to hire Larkin when he was initially selected, I really wanted him to prove he was the right man for the job. But, within less than a year, with all of the visible sophomoric mistakes he made, it had become clear (to me) Larkin had no idea what he was doing as president. And the fact that the ULS board, who conducted a national search, only to offer Larkin a 1-year contract tells me they didn't have a whole lot of confidence in him either.

The confederate state strategy strikes again.

Conduct a bogus national search.
Hire a bumbling idiot.
Watch the fireworks.
Fire the idiot.

Its time to start snatching collars at these board meetings.

The confederate state strategy strikes again.

Conduct a bogus national search.
Hire a bumbling idiot.
Watch the fireworks.
Fire the idiot.

Its time to start snatching collars at these board meetings.

My question is with a new governor how will it work.

Hope this is a hoax.....

13508851_10154318234274066_918688291828005914_n.jpg

Not a hoax. It is the truth.

He is going to come in and do what has to be done. All these black folks who bitched and moaned will have to STFU and get with the program or get gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a hoax. It is the truth.

He is going to come in and do what has to be done. All these black folks who bitched and moaned will have to STFU and get with the program or get gone.

How can he be the ULS interim president and the interim president of grambling at the same time?

How can he be the ULS interim president and the interim president of grambling at the same time?

A member of the executive board and serving as the school's top administrator definitely sounds like a conflict of interest, but by him being Tech's former president, I'm sure he has the support of those rich folks in Lincoln Parish. There are some old money deep pockets in that area which is one of the richest areas if not the richest per capita in Louisiana.

So you are saying 3 ULS Board members terms end this year on December 31??? Therefore, Governor Edwards could appoint others in the following years during the rest of his first term as Governor.
This year, then a bunch in 2018, then a few in 2020

Applications open for Grambling State president
http://www.kalb.com/content/news/Applications-open-for-Grambling-State-president-384856711.html

The University of Louisiana System has appointed Leon Sanders, vice president of finance and administration at Grambling State University, will act as the person in charge at the university following the resignation of President Willie Larkin.

The UL System Board of Supervisors will discuss the selection of Grambling's next president at a July 26 meeting in Baton Rouge.

@The Founder

It seems like Governor Edwards appointed a SU Law professor which IMO is a big plus for Rick Gallot to be the next president.

Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System
The Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System is responsible for supervising and managing the following universities:

Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, McNeese State University, Nicholls State University, Northwestern State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, University of Louisiana at Monroe, and University of New Orleans.

Alejandro R. Perkins, of Prairieville, was appointed to the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System. Mr. Perkins is a partner with Hammonds, Sills, Adkins and Guice, LLP, and an adjunct professor at the Southern University Law Center. Mr. Perkins will serve as a representative of the 6th Congressional District.

http://www.kalb.com/content/news/Go...s-and-commissions-appointments-386364161.html

Last edited:
Back