GAME FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
jag4life said:
Whines,

When did they interview the Refs?

"Josh Howard goes to Joe DeRosa and not only once, but twice asks for a timeout," referee Joe Crawford told a pool reporter. "Forced to call it, simple as that."

When told by a reporter what Crawford said, Howard became so agitated that he had to be taken out of the locker room to calm down. Cuban came in when Howard returned.

"It's common sense -- what would I tell him timeout for?" Howard said after gathering his emotions.
I guess here is the interview you were looking for.

The Mavericks went to the foul line 25 times. So did Wade. The entire Heat team went 49 times.

"I don't know," Cuban said. "I guess they got fouled more."

Said Harris: "It's not like we're not going to the basket."

Mavericks coach Avery Johnson refused to answer questions about the Terry-Wade contact, repeatedly asking his interrogator what he thought. Terry said he couldn't comment.

"We have to watch the film and see," he said.

Asked if the refs explained the non-call to him, Cuban said: "No, they don't do that here. That's unfortunate."

Cuban was standing against a wall, shaking his head while gathering his thoughts before speaking to reporters when assistant coach Larry Riley alerted him to the missed backcourt violation.

"You can't be established in the frontcourt, then jump into the backcourt," Cuban said after watching a replay. "My understanding from the rule book is, if you are going to catch the ball in the backcourt, you have to be in the backcourt to catch it. You can't be established into the backcourt after you catch it or that's a backcourt violation."

The Mavericks came into the game already furious over the decision to suspend Stackhouse because of hard foul in Game 4.

This latest incident, and possible league action against Cuban, makes things even more interesting as the Heat take a 3-2 series lead to Dallas for Game 6 on Tuesday night.

"This is going to leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth," Howard said. "We're going to come out and play hard in Game 6 and Game 7."
And this is just what they have to do from here.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jag4life said:
But they were very good that season. Look at the stats from then. Lamar Odom is inconsistent but when he is good he is better than anyone LeBron had to work with. Eddie Jones, too.

I wonder why their stats were so much better that year (and the year after with E. Jones). D. Wade elevated that team to where they are now.

PsychoJag said:
I wonder why their stats were so much better that year (and the year after with E. Jones). D. Wade elevated that team to where they are now.

Odom was not there before D. Wade and Jones only play 40 something games the year before even still his average went DOWN when Wade got there...so it ain't about him having better stats because of Wade.

PsychoJag said:
Don't forget though that Miami had failed to get to the playoffs for the past 2or 3 years before D. Wade got there. I don't think that Lebron has that killer instinct that D. Wade has.

Now I will agree with you on that. Like I posted earlier. Wade has the MJ kill or be killed mentality. He will rip your heart out. LeBron doesn't have that yet. I think Wade has it because he is a Chicago kid who also was very mature coming out of college. Hell he was the old man of that draft since he stayed all 4 years at Marquette. Something folks take for granite is the coaching a player gets at the college level. Wade got an advantage over Melo and LeBron with that in my opinion. Even though Melo did go to school and win a title at Syracuse. I think it is hard for those HS to NBA to develop that killer instinct.

northern tiger said:
I know they booed in '86 when they drafted 7'0 jump shooting azz Brad Sellers from Ohio State.

LOL. They should have burned down the Chicago Stadium after that mess. The 86 draft was a bust for a many teams. Take a look.

1 Brad Daugherty USA Cleveland Cavaliers North Carolina - Career cut short
2 Len Bias USA Boston Celtics Maryland - died before playing one game
3 Chris Washburn USA Golden State Warriors NC State - thug/criminal
4 Chuck Person USA Indiana Pacers Auburn - alright career, never a star
5 Kenny Walker USA New York Knicks Kentucky - won dunk contest
6 William Bedford USA Phoenix Suns Memphis State - bust
7 Roy Tarpley USA Dallas Mavericks Michigan - had talent/ Drug head
8 Ron Harper USA Cleveland Cavaliers (*) Miami (OH) - good career
9 Brad Sellers USA Chicago Bulls Ohio State - MAJOR BUST
10 Johnny Dawkins USA San Antonio Spurs Duke - typical Duke bust
11 John Salley USA Detroit Pistons Georgia Tech -decent career- role player
12 John S. Williams USA Washington Bullets LSU - ate his way out the NBA
13 Dwayne Washington USA New Jersey Nets Syracuse- bust
14 Walter Berry USA Portland Trail Blazers St. John's - Bust
15 Dell Curry USA Utah Jazz Virginia Tech - okay career- role player
16 Maurice Martin USA Denver Nuggets Saint Joseph's - WHO???
17 Harold Pressley USA Sacramento Kings Villanova - decent, but no star
18 Mark Alarie USA Denver Nuggets Duke - Another Duke player. LOL
19 Billy Thompson USA Atlanta Hawks Louisville - So-So career. No shot
20 Buck Johnson USA Houston Rockets Alabama -good player for a moment
21 Anthony Jones USA Washington Bullets UNLV - ex Hoya, bust
22 Scott Skiles USA Milwaukee Bucks Michigan State - decent, not a star
23 Ken Barlow USA Los Angeles Lakers Notre Dame - WHO???
24 Arvydas Sabonis USSR (Lithuania) Portland Trail Blazers Zalgiris (USSR, now Lithuania) if he had came to the NBA then with a young Clyde, Porter, then they would have won those Finals they lost.

bluedog said:
The game was loss in the last seconds when D. Wade drove to the basket and the phantom foul was called. It just made things worst from an objective or honest fans prospective when the phantom time out was called and the official that was standing next to Avery immediately waved it off because he heard the conversation and was looking directly in J. Howard direction but in the end they yield to the other official because it was he called.

This may have been said already but I haven't read that far in these threads.

What about the non-foul that wasn't called when Wade drove and got hit and then he banked it off the glass to tie the game in regulation.

Howard asked the ref 2 times for a timeout so that wasn't a mistake or error on the refs part. That's why you don't see him complaining about the call because he knew what he had done.

JR said:
I think it is hard for those HS to NBA to develop that killer instinct.

Kobe did. I think KG has it to an extent even though his teams have not helped him much. T-Mac has it when he is not crying...he showed it when he killed the Spurs to win after being down double digits with like 30 seconds left. I think he scored 11 points in 20 something secondsand the Rockets won by 1.

damn JR,
That draft was some kind of UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!! :vomit::vomit:
I'm actually struggling to pick out ONE of those guys as having a great career.
Maybe Ron Harper (scorer early in his career, got the benefit of playing with Mr. Jordan later in career) would be the best
Sarbonis and Person had some good years too

but by and large, an absolutely forgettable draft

jag4life said:
Kobe did. I think KG has it to an extent even though his teams have not helped him much. T-Mac has it when he is not crying...he showed it when he killed the Spurs to win after being down double digits with like 30 seconds left. I think he scored 11 points in 20 something secondsand the Rockets won by 1.

Kobe has some of it. He does want to take over and will. But only on the offensive end. Wade like MJ, just takes over period. He goes balls to the wall.

KG is my boy, but he don't have it. That is always talked about up here in Minneapolis. That he is too nice. I think he does better when he has a Sam Cassell or Sprewell attitudes on the team. They take pressure off of him. He was livid when Sam got traded. Sam always wanted the ball in crunch time. So did the gangsta Spree.

JR said:
. Second of all Clark Kellogg a fellow Ohio State alum was already in the NBA. He came out before Jordan in 1982 with James Worthy.

For some reason, I was thinking Kellogg came out of Purdue. I reckon not.

AAMU Alum said:
For some reason, I was thinking Kellogg came out of Purdue. I reckon not.

Nope. Ole Kellogg is a Buckeye. Joe Barry Carroll came out of Purdue around that time.

mighty hornet said:
damn JR,
That draft was some kind of UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!! :vomit::vomit:
I'm actually struggling to pick out ONE of those guys as having a great career.
Maybe Ron Harper (scorer early in his career, got the benefit of playing with Mr. Jordan later in career) would be the best
Sarbonis and Person had some good years too

but by and large, an absolutely forgettable draft

The worst draft of all time, perhaps in any sport. Harper and Person were pretty decent scorers, Daugherty was a quality center before the injuries, and Sabonis could have been a force had he played earlier before his knees went out. The second round was actually better than the first, with players such as Mark Price, Dennis Rodman, and Drazen Petrovic, who was on the verge of becoming a breakout star before his untimely death. But in retrospect, Petrovic is the poster child for a draft filled with career-killing injuries, head cases, and deaths.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jag4life said:

I hear ya. I still think Kobe is overated as a defender. I would rather have Wade. Wade is way more willing to give up all of himself to win. I don't see that with Kobe. Just like he quit on his team in game 7 in Phoenix. Wade aint that kind of man, he would have still been battling. Kobe has that entitlement attitude. Wade doesn't. But I already see where this is going. I actually feel sorry for Kobe. He is watching his status drop each moment that Wade, LeBron and others have success. If Miami wins the series well........ Wade is already getting calls that Kobe has never gotten in the playoffs. That speaks volumes to me.

wbishop3 said:
. Howard stepped across the lane towards the Lead official and signaled TO.

The official standing down court was the official who called the timeout. The official that was standing by Avery was the only ref that Howard was facing. The official standing next to Avery ran over to the official that called the time -out and you can see that he says that Howard wasn't calling a time out he was talking to the coach.

If only yall can see the footage that I see. It really doesn't matter because the MAvs still had to make a shot within 1.9 seconds and they were not as hot as they were earlier in the game. They missed 5 shots in regulation before overtime and 8 shots before overtime expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back