GAME FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the Mavericks nor do I like the Heat but anyone who is watching this game can clearly see that they are doing everything they can to give the Heat this game. Officiating is one of the main reasons I don't regularly watch NBA basketball. This is shameful.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. SWAC said:
:confused: ????????? Elaborate, please GramFan.

I think he is probably talking about the fact that Miami went to the free throw line 18 times in the 3rd quarter while the Mavericks went none at all.

I will not say that is the reason why Dallas lost this game (because it wasn't) but that is a staggering stat.

Mr. SWAC said:
:confused: ????????? Elaborate, please GramFan.

I think GramFam meant that Dallas was getting mugged on one end and Miami was going to the free throw line every time a Dallas player waved too close at a Miami player.

THANK YOU GRAM FAN! I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW! NBA REFS ARE THE WORST!:splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat:

I'm sorry, but we've all just watched the game. So, the Heat went to the line more than the Mavericks... That does not constitute cheating. The Heat were taking more inside shots, and the Mavs were taking mostly perimeter shots. I mean, tell me a specific occasion where foul should have been called on the Heat, and I'll tell you one back were the Mavs should have been called.

I have come to the conspiracy theory conclusion that David Stern wants no part of Mark Cuban's team winning a NBA championship. I am sure he was pissed to even see Cuban wear Stackhouse's jersey to the game. I love the Wade kid, but he is getting calls that took MJ years to get. SMH. Oh well.

Clearly Mr. SWAC, you are high, because I know you saw that blatant cheating. Even the sports analyst are talking about the bad officiating. I'm going to go sleep now because this is just a little too much for me.

SAME OLD G said:
I think he is probably talking about the fact that Miami went to the free throw line 18 times in the 3rd quarter while the Mavericks went none at all.

I will not say that is the reason why Dallas lost this game (because it wasn't) but that is a staggering stat.

When you employ that "HACK A SHAQ" tactic you give up team fouls and after the team fouls are used up, the other team gets to go to the line.

Fiyah said:
When you employ that "HACK A SHAQ" tactic you give up team fouls and after the team fouls are used up, the other team gets to go to the line.
Uhhh...the Mavericks did not employ "Hack-A-Shaq" in the 3rd quarter. Go back and read my post again.

Dallas should have won that game if they hit their free throws at the end. That is all. Time for Game 6.

Fiyah said:

Hack-A-Shaq didn't occur in the third quarter. Only in the 2nd and 4th. I don't like either team, but this was the NBA trying to get their money and make sure there is a game 7. Because of the Refs, I just became a Dallas Mavericks fan for the rest of the finals. I can't believe that no one saw how Harris was getting hammered on one end of the court with no foul called and then the Heat would go down to the other and every whistle in the house was blowing.

Hell, the last foul was called on Dirk and if anything it should've been called on Harris. Also, after looking at the replay of the time out about 100 times. Howard didn't look at the official one time to call the time out. He was looking directly at Avery and the ref who called the time out knew dayum well that he wasn't calling the time out. That is why Avery was holding up two fingers. He was telling him to call the time out after the 2nd free throw.

This was some piss poor crap that happened in Miami. I hope Dallas whoop that team like they stole something or like they did previously when they played in Dallas.

Let's go Mavericks!!!

Interesting fact.

The Mavericks (as a team) went to the FT line 25 times. D. Wade went to the line 25 times by himself.

I sense a bunch of Lakers fans hating on Shaq...

this is all this thread is about:jump:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Think back to when Dallas won the West. Did you notice the trophy presentation Vs. When the Heat won the East.

The Commish didn't even hand Cuban the trophy. He made his announcement, sat the trophy down on the table and walked away.

Also, a report leaked earlier in the season that he would never hand Championship trophy to Cuban!

It's a known fact that their is no love lost between Cuban and Stern.

Brave said:
I sense a bunch of Lakers fans hating on Shaq...

this is all this thread is about:jump:

Huh?

Dude, please don't try to spin this thread to be something it isn't. If you don't have a clue...just STFU.

D. Wade was drawing double and triple teams all night long. He went to the line 9 times in the 4th Qtr alone, because he knew he had to take over and make more shots. More shots + double teaming = more FTA.

Again, the Mavs were hitting their jump shots (sometimes wide open Js). There is NO FOUL TO BE CALLED. Jason Terry was the Mavs leading scorer. I ask how many of his points came inside the paint? Anybody care to answer that? I swear y'all Mavs fans are some of the most complaining fans I've seen. Y'all still believe Stackhouse was going for the ball. :smh:

I ain't a Mavs fan.. I actually hate the Mavs as much as I have ever hated an NBA team... and I feel they got hosed.

I don't believe Stackhouse was going for the ball. I thought he was commiting the foul to make them go to the line. Making Shaq shoot for two from the line is always better than letting him slam the ball. But, I do believe that the punishment was stupid. Even Shaq said so. So what are you going to say now?

Also, I just became a Mavs fan for the simple fact that the refs are really making some piss poor calls and they know it. I still haven't seen anyone debate the fact that Howard was not talking to the refs and the refs called a time out because he was motioning it to Avery. They still could've lost that game, but atleast they would've done it on their own. Not with the assistance of some bumbling refs.

Mr. SWAC said:
Again, the Mavs were hitting their jump shots (sometimes wide open Js). There is NO FOUL TO BE CALLED. Jason Terry was the Mavs leading scorer. I ask how many of his points came inside the paint? Anybody care to answer that? I swear y'all Mavs fans are some of the most complaining fans I've seen. Y'all still believe Stackhouse was going for the ball. :smh:

Just because he was the leading scorer doesn't mean that nobody else didn't score in the paint. So what is your point? You can't tell me that Devin Harris shouldn't have gone to the line more than 2 times considering that all he does is score in the paint.

Mike said:
But, I do believe that the punishment was stupid. Even Shaq said so. So what are you going to say now?

I still haven't seen anyone debate the fact that Howard was not talking to the refs and the refs called a time out because he was motioning it to Avery.
Mike all the suspensions handed out during the postseason have been stupid (exception for the Raja Bell/Kobe Bryant incident), but the result compared to the rest of the suspensions was fair.

Howard ufcked up! Plain and simple. I heard and saw the replay. That dude asked for a timeout. The ref is not suppose to stop and ask him, "are you sure?", nope now that would be cheating.

SAME OLD G said:
Just because he was the leading scorer doesn't mean that nobody else didn't score in the paint. So what is your point? You can't tell me that Devin Harris shouldn't have gone to the line more than 2 times considering that all he does is score in the paint.
Do I really have to go through this? :sigh: Okay, with Jason Terry being the leading scorer for the Mavs and scoring most his points on jump shots, he's not getting fouled on those. The next two highest scorers for the Mavs were Josh Howard, and Dirk Nowizki. Howard got some fouls called inside the paint, but Dirks shots were all just about jump shots. Now the points in the paint that the Mavs scored, about 1/2 were uncontested where the Heat fell asleep on defense. Now compare that to Wade who was the Heat's leading scorer, was driving into the lane when the Mavs were in the penalty. The point is the Heat were attacking the basket moreso than the Mavs. The team that attacks the basket will shoot the most FTs.

Now speaking on Harris, he should have fouled out instead of calling the foul on Dirk.

Mr. SWAC said:
Do I really have to go through this? :sigh: Okay, with Jason Terry being the leading scorer for the Mavs and scoring most his points on jump shots, he's not getting fouled on those. The next two highest scorers for the Mavs were Josh Howard, and Dirk Nowizki. Howard got some fouls called inside the paint, but Dirks shots were all just about jump shots. Now the points in the paint that the Mavs scored, about 1/2 were uncontested where the Heat fell asleep on defense. Now compare that to Wade who was the Heat's leading scorer, was driving into the lane when the Mavs were in the penalty. The point is the Heat were attacking the basket moreso than the Mavs. The team that attacks the basket will shoot the most FTs.

Now speaking on Harris, he should have fouled out instead of calling the foul on Dirk.
:lecture:

if that aint the truth! Even the espn cats said it on sports center!
Mav's got team fouls and wade kept driving to the basket. In the 3rd..watch a replay of that quarter if u like. All this screaming of cheating is Bull****! The ref's killed the heat in game 2 but yall wasnt complaining about the refs then, but now yall wanna cry! :tdown: the Mav's just need to play with heart next time :lol:

I swear some of you folks always cry and complain somebody is cheating. I ask you 9 times out of 10 if you see a free throw disparigy like that, that tells you one team is more aggressive than the other team. If you know ANYTHING about the way D-Wade plays ball, you know that he loves to DRIVE to the hole which will allow you to draw more fouls, than settling for jump shots. It's not the heat fault because Josh Howard, Jason Terry, and Dirk want to settle for jumpers and occasionally drive. D-Wade did what he has done his whole career and that's get to the hole, where do u think they got the inspiration for the commercial "fall down 7 times get up 8"????? The Mavs had two golden opportunities to win game 3 and 5 in Miami and if they don't win this series they have nobody to blame but themselves.

P.S. The Mavs as well as the Pistons have contributed to the coming out party of D-Wade !!!!! :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back