Does Home Field Advantage have a role in SWAC Play?

Bighead

From you view

Did your team play better at Home vs being on the Road?

How important are Home games in SWAC play?

Good Football Teams Win On The Road.

SWAC Wise however is a different story. Alcorn is damn near impossible to beat on Homecoming. But teams have had success going to Baton Rouge and Winning.

I think in 2015:

SU vs. JSU = 80s U vs. 80s Florida State

Alcorn vs. SU = 80s U vs. 80s ND

And we all know Miami had more fights with ND than FSU.

Not really since we all depend on the other teams fans to fill our stadium. How are you going to have a home field advantage with 10k of your and 10k of theirs?

We definitely have a home field advantage at Mumford, of course no team is going to be totally unbeatable at home. SEC teams lose at home all the time, Virginia Tech went into Columbus last year and won, and Oregon has lost home games too. Everything always comes down to good execution and preparation.

Once you get to November and teams realize their out of it there is no home field....PV had no problem beating Uapb and mvsu on their homecomings and Alabama A&M was empty

You got to score often and tske the crowd out of Jsu and SU but I think the crowd has more of an impact at SU if the band and them get on a roll

I heard the fans respond to Turn Down 4 What on 3rd down in Mumford. When the PA announcer come on the system and say 3rddddddd downnnn again, watch how loud it get lmao

No unless the refs cheat for them. It's not hard to roll up into a SWAC stadium and get a win. Now it used to be an advantage but those times have passed.

JSU played better on the road last year than at home! with the exception of ALA St 2nd half and Tenn ST 1st half! road wins @ UAPB, TX SO, LORMAN, ( Jsu played all 4 quarters at these games lol) on flip side this year! JSU has not lost in BR since 2005. has not lost in Normal AL since 2005, has not lost in PV since 2007, never lost in itta bena but tied in 1993! we will use this as motivation for 2015 road games!

No unless the refs cheat for them. It's not hard to roll up into a SWAC stadium and get a win. Now it used to be an advantage but those times have passed.
That stat is very misleading vs SU. Remember two of the years, thanks to dumb azz, SU played its home game in Jackson. Plus jSU took advantage of a aging Pete. No way jSU wins in BR this season.

Southernites come up with the BEST excuses for losing i swear lmao
We didn't play in Mumford in 09 not really an excuse. 07, 11, and 13 we're good hard fought games though. It ain't like we rolled over and just took a beating. Lol

That stat is very misleading vs SU. Remember two of the years, thanks to dumb azz, SU played its home game in Jackson. Plus jSU took advantage of a aging Pete. No way jSU wins in BR this season.

My statement was not about Mumford though. Didn't Valley come in Mumford and beat Southern one time recently? Also you guys went to Bama St new stadium and beat them. So it's not like a SWAC school has a clear cut advantage at home. Now the 90s and back were a different story

My statement was not about Mumford though. Didn't Valley come in Mumford and beat Southern one time recently? Also you guys went to Bama St new stadium and beat them. So it's not like a SWAC school has a clear cut advantage at home. Now the 90s and back were a different story
That was also when Stump was the coach. A thing called upsets do happen. No one is going to be totally unbeatable at home, but we definitely win a huge majority of our home games. Home-field advantage doesn't mean undefeated at home. It means that a team really turns up at home and it takes an exceptional performance from the road team or an off performance from the home team for the road team to win. LSU has an excellent home advantage, but teams do win there from time to time.

Honestly, when it comes down to my boys, NO, home field advantage doesn't mean anything. Some times it depends on the opponent, but it all boils down to who's officiating. I remember a game we played at home during Coach Coleman's early days as our HC. We caught pure hell with the officials, unlike any other time. It was just unreal. Two weeks later it was discovered that 3 of those officials were football alum of our opponent.

I've been to every stadium (new & old) in the SWAC (except Alabama State), and quite a few out-of-conference stadiums for over 21 years now. My folks play better on the road, but they definitely have to play hardest at home. When you master the ability to beat your opponent AND the refs, home field advantage doesn't matter.

Y do people think SEC football or any other power conference is so different in then the SWAC? I've seen just as many upsets in those power conference just like ive seen in the SWAC stop disrespecting our conference its upsets in every conference.

That was also when Stump was the coach. A thing called upsets do happen. No one is going to be totally unbeatable at home, but we definitely win a huge majority of our home games. Home-field advantage doesn't mean undefeated at home. It means that a team really turns up at home and it takes an exceptional performance from the road team or an off performance from the home team for the road team to win. LSU has an excellent home advantage, but teams do win there from time to time.

Dude it's not hard to get a SWAC win on the road. It's not about southern, not about a coach either just stop making excuses sheesh. Southern used to have a tough crowd but Alcorn, JSU, Valley and other schools have come to BR and beaten yall. Bama St has come to Jackson and beat us so has Grambling and Valley. Home field advantage in the SWAC is gone. All of this could've would've stuff means nothing to me

Back