Does Home Field Advantage have a role in SWAC Play?

Dude it's not hard to get a SWAC win on the road. It's not about southern, not about a coach either just stop making excuses sheesh. Southern used to have a tough crowd but Alcorn, JSU, Valley and other schools have come to BR and beaten yall. Bama St has come to Jackson and beat us so has Grambling and Valley. Home field advantage in the SWAC is gone. All of this could've would've stuff means nothing to me
Once again, Home-field advantage does not mean that you are unbeatable at home. Our team definitely gets an edge playing at home, especially if you fool around and the let the band and crowd get on a roll. Not having to travel on buses and playing in front of crowd that is exclusively cheering for you is definitely an advantage. It doesn't mean you are going to win the game, but it definitely is an advantage that the road team doesn't enjoy.

Here is the true definition from the internet:

1. In team sports, the term home advantage (also called home field/court/ice advantage) describes the psychological advantage that the home team is said to have over the visiting team as a result of playing in familiar facilities and in front of supportive fans.

Folks always makin a fuss out of NOTHIN smh. Yall really need to grow up sometimes lol. If you lose, you lose. If you win, you win. What's so hard about that? Some schools win better at home, some better on the road. Who they play always plays a big part too. It's simple lol.

Once again, Home-field advantage does not mean that you are unbeatable at home. Our team definitely gets an edge playing at home, especially if you fool around and the let the band and crowd get on a roll. Not having to travel on buses and playing in front of crowd that is exclusively cheering for you is definitely an advantage. It doesn't mean you are going to win the game, but it definitely is an advantage that the road team doesn't enjoy.

Here is the true definition from the internet:

1. In team sports, the term home advantage (also called home field/court/ice advantage) describes the psychological advantage that the home team is said to have over the visiting team as a result of playing in familiar facilities and in front of supportive fans.

You typed all of that and it still won't stop a team from coming in and winning. If that's the case a lot of schools in the SWAC have that advantage ~shrugs~

You typed all of that and it still won't stop a team from coming in and winning. If that's the case a lot of schools in the SWAC have that advantage ~shrugs~
I clearly said that exact thing if you look below in bold.

It just refers to the home team having the advantage of having the supportive home crowd, not having to travel, and being in familiar surroundings. Some teams benefit from it and others don't.

I clearly said that exact thing if you look below in bold.

It just refers to the home team having the advantage of having the supportive home crowd, not having to travel, and being in familiar surroundings. Some teams benefit from it and others don't.

I understand what you meant we just had different points.

I think it makes a difference. HOWEVER SWAC fans suck. They sit on their hands the whole game. They don't cheer until their school scores and due to all of the new band rules, the bands can't lead the crowds anymore.

I think it makes a difference. HOWEVER SWAC fans suck. They sit on their hands the whole game. They don't cheer until their school scores and due to all of the new band rules, the bands can't lead the crowds anymore.
The band rules aren't new. They are the same as they have been in the NCAA for over a decade and a half.

The band rules aren't new. They are the same as they have been in the NCAA for over a decade and a half.

..and HBCUs still have not learned to work within them... and I swear, those rules only apply to certain schools and certain bands. LOL Also, a lot of people still don't know the rules. They want to know why the band is just sitting there because they expect the band to hype the crowd up.

Then look crazy at the folks that's standing up making noise throughout the game. lol

..and HBCUs still have not learned to work within them... and I swear, those rules only apply to certain schools and certain bands. LOL Also, a lot of people still don't know the rules. They want to know why the band is just sitting there because they expect the band to hype the crowd up.
I remember playing against Texas Southern in 2007 and the refs tolds us to stop playing when it was just our drums and tubas playing soft, a few minutes later Texas Southern's band just blasts this loud tune while the QB is under center and trying to start the play and the refs said nothing to them. No warning or nothing.

Then look crazy at the folks that's standing up making noise throughout the game. lol
Exactly. I hate that isht. If you wanna look pretty, stay yo azz at home.

Tell me about it. That's why I commend those PWC fans, they keep the noise going the whole game. I had to give my mama a stupid look when she complained that U of H fans were too loud in 2013. Um, I think they are suppose to do that.

honestly I blame the cheerleaders for this. They stand in front of the band and use the band as their backup, when they should be in another area affecting the crowd encouraging chants and such.

honestly I blame the cheerleaders for this. They stand in front of the band and use the band as their backup, when they should be in another area affecting the crowd encouraging chants and such.
Ours do move around the stadium, but folks don't do the chants unless it's a big moment in the game.

Back