Do You Think Reggie Bush Choked?

Did The Heisman Winner Choke?

• Yes

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • He played well, Texas' Defense was just fast.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Hard to Say Because He Should have Been in the Game on that 4th Down

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Robber said:
That incompletion left at least 30 seconds on the clock that would have run off had they not called that pass play. Or it woulda cost Texas a timeout, which they couldn't have called during their winning drive.

JR, and I were on the phone when that play happened, and both of us thought that Carroll made a huge mistake throwing the football in that sitaution, and when the pass fell incomplete, I said to JR, the dynasty is about to crumble.

I thought that play in conjunction with the failed 4th down conversion attempt, along with Texas getting the first down on the face mask, ultimately decided USC's fate, and the final nail in the coffin to me, was USC calling their final timeout on the 2pt conversion. They needed a field goal anyway to win the game, or send it to overtime, so they should've just let Texas score, instead of calling timeout, with so little time left on the clock, while needing to get in field goal range.

As far as Bush choking, 86 yards on 13 carries, and 80+ yards recieving, with a game changing TD in the 2nd half, is not what I call a choke job. USC just didn't make plays on both sides of the ball, when the game was ultimately being decided in the final 2 1/2 minutes of the ballgame. Texas wanted it more. The defense stepped up when they had to make a critical stop, and Vince Young, and the offense made the plays they needed to make when it counted. Point blank.

NICE

NO..................nobody choked on either side..........................well ...........:what: ...........err......:what: ........unless you count ole PETE's 4th and 1 try at the 46 yard line.:emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
cat daddy said:
What was questionable about his performance? He only had 13 rushes, but he had 80+ yards on the ground. Another 80+ yards receiving.

To me his performance for the Hype created about him...was questionable.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
To me his performance for the Hype created about him...was questionable.

But aye...HE didn't create that hype, the media did!

And one mistake EARLY in the game had little to determine the final outcome, IMHO.

Had he not fumbled, they probably would've scored, but Texas could've POSSIBLY run off 21 unanswered points....WHO KNOWS?

He had a GOOD GAME, period.

cat daddy said:
What was questionable about his performance? He only had 13 rushes, but he had 80+ yards on the ground. Another 80+ yards receiving.

He actually had 94 yards receiving. But you point is understood. He average over six yards per game, and had a "bad" game apparently to some.

It wasn't a bad game on anyone's part. That was the way USC has played and Coached, they just ran into the wrong team. Just because they were USC they felt they could do what they had been doing against everyone else. They felt they could effortlessly pass, Bush could have big returns, White could bully his way through the middle, and Bush could make all of these dynamic runs to the outside that people have become so accustomed to seeing. Going for it on 4th down is a staple for the Trojans, a part of the Trojan mystic, so why change now? USC felt that this game would be like all the rest and they would win simply because they were USC, but Texas did not see it that way.

To paraphrase Dr. King, "The true measure of a man is not were he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but in those of challenge and controversy". 2 yards away from history, 2 yards away from being arguably the best team in the history of the game, and the Texans stood tall. This group of Texans won their Alamo.

Attack Dog said:
It wasn't a bad game on anyone's part. That was the way USC has played and Coached, they just ran into the wrong team. Just because they were USC they felt they could do what they had been doing against everyone else. They felt they could effortlessly pass, Bush could have big returns, White could bully his way through the middle, and Bush could make all of these dynamic runs to the outside that people have become so accustomed to seeing. Going for it on 4th down is a staple for the Trojans, a part of the Trojan mystic, so why change now? USC felt that this game would be like all the rest and they would win simply because they were USC, but Texas did not see it that way.
Well, White was bullying his way through Texas defense. I knew he would be the "X" factor if Pete could use him wisely.

Texas defense was to fast...... USC never played anybody that fast this year. Thats why I took Texas and the points. GO LONGHORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jump: :jump:

Back