Do You Think Reggie Bush Choked?

Did The Heisman Winner Choke?

• Yes

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • He played well, Texas' Defense was just fast.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Hard to Say Because He Should have Been in the Game on that 4th Down

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Choke?? He was never given the opportunity to choke. You can't choke if you're on the sideline on a very critical 4th and 2 play. Should Reggie Bush have won the Heisman? YES. He is the only player for USC that has played consistantly great ALL YEAR. Let me put it like this. In college, you can not STOP Reggie Bush. You can only hope to contain or slow him down. UT did a good job of containing him last night, but the law of averages proves that Reggie Bush is gonna break a big one soon. If he doesn't get it in the first 13 carries of the game, than keep feeding him the ball. It's just a matter of time. UT kept their playmaker in the game and look at what happened. Besides, 13 carries for 80+ yards rushing and a touchdown, and 8 catches for 80+ yards receiving (In limited action) is not choking by far. Not in my book.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. SWAC said:
Choke?? He was never given the opportunity to choke. You can't choke if you're on the sideline on a very critical 4th and 2 play. Should Reggie Bush have won the Heisman? YES. He is the only player for USC that has played consistantly great ALL YEAR. Let me put it like this. In college, you can not STOP Reggie Bush. You can only hope to contain or slow him down. UT did a good job of containing him last night, but the law of averages proves that Reggie Bush is gonna break a big one soon. If he doesn't get it in the first 13 carries of the game, than keep feeding him the ball. It's just a matter of time. UT kept their playmaker in the game and look at what happened. Besides, 13 carries for 80+ yards rushing and a touchdown, and 8 catches for 80+ yards receiving (In limited action) is not choking by far. Not in my book.

I agree 100%. :tup:

So just because Bush had just a GOOD game instead of GREAT, you decide to even consider that as choking?

That turnover was bad and will stick in the heads of many. Just as much as, if not more than his college highlight plays, because "everybody" was watching.

In fact on the "ESPN" highlights, you saw that turnover, him being bottled-up for short gains on a couple of plays, and him launching into the endzone for a touchdown.

Interesting!!

USC hasn't saw a team with Texas speed all season. Bush had a good game with 1 mistake. You can't put the loss on him. Vince just did the damn thang.

On USC's final drive. On second down and 7, USC threw an incomplete pass with 2:31 seconds left on the clock. That play lost the game. Lyndell White was averaging almost 6 yards a carry. Three running plays would have gotten another first down instead of setting up Texas with an opportunity for a one play, all or nothing defensive stand.

When is someone going to mention that as the turning point of the game? Or how about when USC went to that blitzing, soft zone defense that allowed Texas to score easily with 4 minutes left.

Dumb coaching = no three peat.

Diesel said:
On USC's final drive. On second down and 7, USC threw an incomplete pass with 2:31 seconds left on the clock. That play lost the game. Lyndell White was averaging almost 6 yards a carry. Three running plays would have gotten another first down instead of setting up Texas with an opportunity for a one play, all or nothing defensive stand.

When is someone going to mention that as the turning point of the game? Or how about when USC went to that blitzing, soft zone defense that allowed Texas to score easily with 4 minutes left.

It's hard to point at that one play as the turning point. Up to that point, Leinart had only had one incomplete pass the entire 2nd half (and that was only because the receiver stepped out of bounds). It was probably a far bigger goof to go for it on 4th and 2 instead of making Texas drive the entire field. But in the end, Texas, specifically Vince Young, made plays when they had to and won the game.

Diesel said:

Fa - sho

WalkWitaPanther said:
Bush didn't choke at all. UT's defense was just geared to stop him from making the one BIG PLAY, and they succeeded.

Actually I voted that he should have been in the game on that 4th quarter play....I do believe that after that mistake on trying to lateral the ball the coach benched him...and honestly he should scolded him then on the next go around grab his face mask and say..."Show them the REAL Heisman trophy winner."

WalkWitaPanther said:

Bush played a very good game, especially the play when he shot into the endzone like a MISSILE.

I don't think he choked; I just think Vince Young played a better (awesome) game. Vince guided his team to victory!

How could he have choked when he had 86 yards rushing, 86 yards receiving, a TD, and over 100 yards in returns????

P.S. What folks are missing as the turning point in the game to me was when USC was up by 12 and Texas was driving. USC blitzed and Vince scrambled, then he just threw the ball up in the air. If #39 of USC jumps up and picks the ball off, instead of playing volleyball with it, then the game is over.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
P.S. What folks are missing as the turning point in the game to me was when USC was up by 12 and Texas was driving. USC blitzed and Vince scrambled, then he just threw the ball up in the air. If #39 of USC jumps up and picks the ball off, instead of playing volleyball with it, then the game is over.

Texas didn't score on that drive anyway.... or was it a different play I am thinking about?

DSN said:
I do believe that after that mistake on trying to lateral the ball the coach benched him...

Nah man he played after that. Coach didn't even look upset with him.

Diesel said:

I pointed it out on one o those other threads. Didn't call it the turning point in the game, but I said that dumb call cost them the game. USC didn't need to take the chance on stopping the clock, especially with the ground game being so good to that point. That incompletion left at least 30 seconds on the clock that would have run off had they not called that pass play. Or it woulda cost Texas a timeout, which they couldn't have called during their winning drive.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Robber said:
I pointed it out on one o those other threads. Didn't call it the turning point in the game, but I said that dumb call cost them the game. USC didn't need to take the chance on stopping the clock, especially with the ground game being so good to that point. That incompletion left at least 30 seconds on the clock that would have run off had they not called that pass play. Or it woulda cost Texas a timeout, which they couldn't have called during their winning drive.

USC head coach did make a few very questionable calls.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Actually I voted that he should have been in the game on that 4th quarter play....

But you did start this thread asking the question "Did Reggie Bush Choke"

If that was the case maybe you should have asked a different question about the outcome of the game or questioning Pete Carrolls decisions.

Fiyah said:

If that was the case maybe you should have asked a different question about the outcome of the game or questioning Pete Carrolls decisions.

I want to know who the three idiots that vote yes. :shame:

Robber said:

Football strategy is simple, isn't it? Almost as simple as basketball. :retard:

<b>That</b> was the actual turning point in the game. Not the stop on 4th and 2. Not Bush's fumble. Not Carroll's non-play of Bush. etc.

Clock stoppage w/ so quite a bit of time left is what did it.

Fiyah said:

Fiyah...dude...no....I asked the question I wanted to ask to see the type of responses...Plus I added how I felt. It's a legitimate question...Bush is the Heisman trophy winner but his performance in the BIG GAME was questionable.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Fiyah...dude...no....I asked the question I wanted to ask to see the type of responses...Plus I added how I felt. It's a legitimate question...Bush is the Heisman trophy winner but his performance in the BIG GAME was questionable.

What was questionable about his performance? He only had 13 rushes, but he had 80+ yards on the ground. Another 80+ yards receiving.

Reggie Bush didn't choke by a long shot.He had a good game.You can't run through the Texas defense like they're Fresno State or somebody like that.

Mr. SWAC said:

Co-sign

Back