Congratulations Miami...Especially Alonzo Mourning

mighty hornet said:
damn, I guess they need to stop the celebrating now.
:scared::scared:

Face it, the Heat just kicked the Mavs arse. That's what happened. Four games in a row! Period.

No doubt. After being down 0-2 and come back and when 4 in a row. I guess the ref. help them win all four games. :tup: Shaq, Wade, Mourning, GP,Walker congrats to them. I guess GP and Mourning will sit down now.

JagHammer said:
I am not convinced that Miami beat Dallas, that's my take on it. In game 5's closing seconds in regulation, Terry was basically hacked going for the shot. No foul call. In the closing seconds in OT, they called a foul as Wade drove to the basket. However, he was hardly fouled. In tonight's game, Wade gave Dirk a forearm to the stomach, and they call a foul on Dirk! What kind of officiating is this? The games, except for game 4, were too close to call. Basically the refs fugged Dallas in this series.

:lmao: :smash: Can it be the better team won?

JagHammer said:
I am not convinced that Miami beat Dallas
:smh::smh:

trophy1.jpg

still not convinced?

:lol::lol:

Jag,

Did you think it was just a dream or something? You can leave that officiating mess alone. While there may have been questionable calls throughout the finals, Game 6 was one of the better officiated games. The Mavs had their chances....hell they were up by 16 points and couldn't hold on. That loss was nobody's fault but theirs.

I enjoyed these finals. Two teams playing for their first championship, and according to reports, the ratings were up there (even without a TOP 5 media market.) The Heat wanted it more, and they took it.

Good show by BOTH teams.

Well, I can't take anything away from Dwayne Wade. The Mavs failed to come up with a way to stop him. Well, congrats Heat on the long, overdue championship.

Just goes to show you that you need to dominate presence in the middle. Even if he's getting up in age. Old Gary finally got that ring Lol!!!! he needs to sit his old tail down

AAMU Alum said:
Jag,

Did you think it was just a dream or something? You can leave that officiating mess alone. While there may have been questionable calls throughout the finals, Game 6 was one of the better officiated games. The Mavs had their chances....hell they were up by 16 points and couldn't hold on. That loss was nobody's fault but theirs.

I enjoyed these finals. Two teams playing for their first championship, and according to reports, the ratings were up there (even without a TOP 5 media market.) The Heat wanted it more, and they took it.

Good show by BOTH teams.

Exactly right. Unlike the superbowl in the NFL where there is one game ref. can a lot influence the game, but we are talking about the best 4 out of 7. It is no way that the refs can keep you from winning 4 games. Come on haters. I understand if your team didnt win but less be reasonable on this issue. IMO almost every game could have a play that went either way on the calls, however the best time always when in a 7 game series. This year was no exception. The Mavs just dont know how to win the big game. The Heat veterans have played in a big game of this magnitude before. The Mav. just nutted up a 16 point lead and didnt know how to finish. I believe after they fugg up in game 3 and gave away that game; they really didnt recover. I really enjoyed seeing 2 different teams in the finals. I am so glad we didnt see Piston and Spurs. I also like the class Cuban showed at the end of the game. When he stood in the middle of the court and clap for the Heat.

There's no hate, cause I have no dog in this fight. But I did realize that whenever Wade had the ball and if someone stepped (close) in his direction that the whistle was blown.

Ex: Wade driving near the basket and Daniels steps toward him with his hands up, but then quickly pulled them back. Ref called a foul. Daniels did not touch Wade, but those were the calls Wade was getting.

Another example reverse: Howard goes for the lose ball and gets his headband knocked off along with his head and lay the ball back in the basket. No call.

JagHammer said:
I am not convinced that Miami beat Dallas, that's my take on it. In game 5's closing seconds in regulation, Terry was basically hacked going for the shot. No foul call. In the closing seconds in OT, they called a foul as Wade drove to the basket. However, he was hardly fouled. In tonight's game, Wade gave Dirk a forearm to the stomach, and they call a foul on Dirk! What kind of officiating is this? The games, except for game 4, were too close to call. Basically the refs fugged Dallas in this series.

It is most unfortunate that the Mavs lost to the Heat. Being younger, more athletic, having home court advantage, a vibrant & intimate owner, and the hottest young coach in the NBA was not enough for them to overcome the adversity that they faced. Of course, this is a great learning experience and they should be back to establish themselves as the true dynasty that they were poised to become this year. The Heat will simply have to go back to Miami and celebrate the victory that they never should have gotten and the rings that they never should have won because of their professionalism, tired legs with old bodies, no shooters, and the most dominant center combination in the paint that we have seen in the last 40 years.

Let's thank the refs and Commissioner Stern for making it so easy for the Heat. They did a nice job. Additional thanks to Mr.'s Cuban and Stackhouse for your contributions. Finally, thanks to Nowitzky for your great perimeter presence in every game, to Dampier and Diop for your available fouls, and to Keith Van Horn for not being there at all.

Blacknbengal said:
There's no hate, cause I have no dog in this fight. But I did realize that whenever Wade had the ball and if someone stepped (close) in his direction that the whistle was blown.

Ex: Wade driving near the basket and Daniels steps toward him with his hands up, but then quickly pulled them back. Ref called a foul. Daniels did not touch Wade, but those were the calls Wade was getting.

Another example reverse: Howard goes for the lose ball and gets his headband knocked off along with his head and lay the ball back in the basket. No call.
Thank you. Someone see what I'm talking about. I love a fair called game and I hate it when folks get away with "murder" because of whatever reason. I based my assumptions on crunch time calls that determined the direction of the game.

Inexperience and lack of mental fortitude(nutz) cost the Mavs this series. Clearly the better team won...players and coach. Again, CONGRATS HEAT!!!

dacontinent said:
Let's thank the refs and Commissioner Stern for making it so easy for the Heat. They did a nice job. Additional thanks to Mr.'s Cuban and Stackhouse for your contributions. Finally, thanks to Nowitzky for your great perimeter presence in every game, to Dampier and Diop for your available fouls, and to Keith Van Horn for not being there at all.
:tup::shame:

NASTYNUPE said:
Clearly the better team won...players and coach.
You got a point, especially about the coaching. The Mavs were outcoached.
THe simple truth is that the younger Mavs allowed the Heat to dictate the tempo. And no way should they have allowed DWade to beat them. The ball should have been forced from his hand, cause NO way in hellllll did the Heat have the shooters to bail them out. smh @ those damn bricks Antoine Walker, JWms, and Payton were throwing up.

Congrats WADE, Shaq and Morning.

Fugg Payton and Haslem.

Florida is the Basketball Capitol!!!!!

NASTYNUPE said:
You just gotta love Alonza Mourning. He's a true champion!!!
Exactly. Especially when he was pretty much close to death and he bounced back a few years ago.

All that whining cost the Mavs. All they had to do was shut up, and play, they didn't. After Wade & Shaq were the only Heat players to go to the foul line in Game 1, where was all of the questionable calls by the officials then? You mean to tell that no other player went to the line, and nobody cryed foul from the Heat?

When Dallas got all the calls in Game 2, in which they went to the line 15 more times than the Heat, where was all the quetionable calls by the officials then? All everybody pulling for Dallas said, was that they kicked the Heat's arse, but nobody questioned the disparity of foul shots then. The Heat dayum sure didn't, and they didn't cry, they just shut up, and played ball.

When Dallas fell asleep behind the wheel in the 4th quarter of Game 3, who's fault was that?

They had a 14 point lead last night which they blew, and a 10 point lead last night which they blew, and didn't have the lead at all in the 2nd half at home in a close out game, but folk want to blame the officials???????

Face it, Dallas shot 37% from the field in the last 3 games, by trying all them dayum jumpers & 3 pointers, because they were too afraid to go in the paint. Who can you beat when you're shooting that bad? Fugg what the officials are calling, because they can't make shots for you.

They got punked, outplayed, and in a lot of regards outcoached, and some have the nerve to blame the refs........when San Antonio was crying about Dallas getting all the calls, nobody talked about that either, it was just the Mavs were the better team.

Some of y'all need to get over it, and just congratulate the Heat on being the better team.

NICE

Back