Chris Rock's take on Blacks in baseball: Real Sports

Baseball has a problem and they recognized it 25 years ago. The effort to fix the problem has not been a great success. The RBI programs helps, the sports academies are a factor but the general public (especially uninformed) don't see enough excitement. Now they are experimenting with moving the action along faster (this will help also). My thought is more scoring like in the roid era and a shorter average game by 15 minutes. African Americans that live in the burbs tend to play and understand the game better than those in the inner city. That is due to cultural differences in our own race.
Many of us have tunnel vision which shapes us. My middle school kids only learn and love what is presented to them by tv, radio, family, and community. My point is if you only listen to the Hip Hop Station, watch BET, VH1, and Adult Swim, see-hear-read State Name University play football on every media outlet you pay attention too then your narrow view hinders opportunity. Baseball has to overcome the hindered view and the cost in America to even play for all potential fans or players.
I will be out of at least 2500.00 this summer for travel softball and my child has several offers. Oh yeah she is actually considering Jackson State.

Reactions: J C
Back