Celebration Bowl Payout Scheme

So should the person that created that "Non-Celebration Bowl" thread change the title? The winner of the SWAC and MEAC can really make some good cash especially if they can sell those tickets.

You need to take that "c**n" word back to the MEAC board!! y'all haven't won a playoff game since Harriet Tubman stop crossing the Mason-Dixon Line, and complaining but none of y'all putting money into your programs to compete with the James Madison and Towson of the world! Y'all were crap before the Celebration and y'all will be crap after the game!
Now, this same cat just called the game "The N***er Bowl" in the MEAC Forum and no one called him out about it from the MEAC. How Phocked up is that?

We fans from the MEAC are devastated. When we (five fans) tell the rest of the Alums about the concept of this game they feel the same way we feel. It's a step backwards people. You guys can't see it because you are trying to mask your shame. You are delusional. You're are trying to pretend this is somehow more noble. It's like the idiots who said...."We don't have Jim Crowe in this town...we go to our own stores". LOL
Folks who don't even know they're being shut out...folks who still think we are Colored. That we must submit and agree we are inferior and quit trying. Be content with being.....Colored and second rate. WTF is a Black Natl Championship in the 21st century? Its called a recruiting nightmare. This is why the MEAC is now better than the SWAC. You can't get the good players anymore. Now...it is going to hit us. We will suffer talent wise. Kids aren't going to come to our schools if we admit to being second rate embarrassed group of colored people. This is embarrassing. I can see how Presidents would support this because they are suppose to be anti athletics anyway. But you so called sports fans? You're fake!! You're selfish idiots!!! Crabs in a pot. There is no way you should force our champion to be there. I can't believe the MEAC agreed to this. I'm ashamed of BCF. Really it's second rate.

Wow what a joke
You might as well came out and said "but I want white folks to accept me and give me a pat on the head for doing good, you see we don't allow our African American students to wear braids or anything that reminds us of being black. We is our own worst enemy. What about black on black crime? Where the white women at?"

Wow what a joke
You might as well came out and said "but I want white folks to accept me and give me a pat on the head for doing good, you see we don't allow our African American students to wear braids or anything that reminds us of being black. We is our own worst enemy. What about black on black crime? Where the white women at?"

...But Alcorn hired........Nevermind. Pot calling the kettle black.

How can War Party Folks criticize the MEAC wy of thinking when you criticize me about wanting MEAC Schools on the Football Schedule?

Howard couldn't have scared us that bad.

How can War Party Folks criticize the MEAC wy of thinking when you criticize me about wanting MEAC Schools on the Football Schedule?

A difference of opinion shouldn't prevent SWAC teams from playing a MEAC school.
MEAC folks, at least the ones who are posting, seem to have forgotten their history and cultural traditions. With their way of thinking, we might as well combine the Essence Awards with the country music award show just so we can assimilate more.

A difference of opinion shouldn't prevent SWAC teams from playing a MEAC school.
MEAC folks, at least the ones who are posting, seem to have forgotten their history and cultural traditions. With their way of thinking, we might as well combine the Essence Awards with the country music award show just so we can assimilate more.

Damn boi! I wish I'd thought of that one. ROTFLMAO!

I don't know why people are shocked,, the MEAC has always had the attitude that they are were better then the SWAC, but as I stated before, besides Homecoming and maybe a rival could not draw anything, but talk like they are bigger and better on the every end of the spectrum... and I find it funny that when they play certain SWAC schools on THEIR GOOD YEARS the want to.boast their chest out.. I have notice NCCU always bringing up beating SU,when SU was at its worst..

I don't know why people are shocked,, the MEAC has always had the attitude that they are were better then the SWAC, but as I stated before, besides Homecoming and maybe a rival could not draw anything, but talk like they are bigger and better on the every end of the spectrum... and I find it funny that when they play certain SWAC schools on THEIR GOOD YEARS the want to.boast their chest out.. I have notice NCCU always bringing up beating SU,when SU was at its worst..

uy3EiyR.jpg

That's the most ignorant statement ever posted about this bowl! SWAC paying off a $40 Billion Dollar media GIANT!!!!!!

...But Alcorn hired........Nevermind. Pot calling the kettle black.

Honestly, I shouldn't even respond to this ignorance but since your post can be misconstrued, I'll help with some comprehension.
Working with white people isn't the same as seeking white validation which this MEAC guy clearly seeks.

You read that huh? And he's suppose to be representing Howard.

Bluedog as you may know already Howard is packed with "Toms" They support the cop that shot the man 8 times in the back at that place. They yearn for acceptance by white folks at whatever means possible.

We don't want to play the MEAC because they are bottom feeders of black college football as well as a embarrassment to the black race. We have a better competitive advantage when we play a fellow SWAC School.

SC State has won 16 Conference Championships. So allow me to say this.

I am a supporter of all HBCU athletics. Though I attend a Meac school, I have always supported the SWAC, CIAA, and Siac as much as I could. My only concern with this game is losing the automotic qualifier to the playoffs. The Meac doesnt have the big classic games at the end of the season.The Meac doesnt have a championship game. It has become tradition for the Meac to send a team to the playoffs. Even though the Meac currently has a losing streak to the playoffs, our players and students thrive on the level of competition.

In no way, is my intent to be negative about this bowl game. I just believe there has gotta be a way to send one team to the playoffs and one team to the bowl game. The money seems to be nice for the winning team, but we must maintain a standard of excellence. Whether we lose in the playoffs or not, we cannot just simply give up all together. I support this game, but I support ending this losing streak as well. So, I ask that all you SWAC fans just be respectful of that. We can agree to disagree, thats fine. But lets continue to remember that we are all in this together. It would be nice if the Swac supported the Meac instead of knocking the Meac down for at least trying to compete with these tough teams. And for the record, The MEAC is not the bottom feeder for FCS sports.

SC State has won 16 Conference Championships. So allow me to say this.

I am a supporter of all HBCU athletics. Though I attend a Meac school, I have always supported the SWAC, CIAA, and Siac as much as I could. My only concern with this game is losing the automotic qualifier to the playoffs. The Meac doesnt have the big classic games at the end of the season.The Meac doesnt have a championship game. It has become tradition for the Meac to send a team to the playoffs. Even though the Meac currently has a losing streak to the playoffs, our players and students thrive on the level of competition.

In no way, is my intent to be negative about this bowl game. I just believe there has gotta be a way to send one team to the playoffs and one team to the bowl game. The money seems to be nice for the winning team, but we must maintain a standard of excellence. Whether we lose in the playoffs or not, we cannot just simply give up all together. I support this game, but I support ending this losing streak as well. So, I ask that all you SWAC fans just be respectful of that. We can agree to disagree, thats fine. But lets continue to remember that we are all in this together. It would be nice if the Swac supported the Meac instead of knocking the Meac down for at least trying to compete with these tough teams. And for the record, The MEAC is not the bottom feeder for FCS sports.

And just how do you propose to do that and bill it as a championship game? Not to mention you have absolutely no control of the event.

You guys continue to repeat the same theme over and over like an old broken record, but have as of yet to come up with a logical answer.

I just believe there has gotta be a way to send one team to the playoffs and one team to the bowl game.

There is. It's called an "at large" bid. Do the same thing yall have been doing and you might get one like 2 years ago.

But at the same time and this is why yall get so much flack over here is the fact that yall still crave to be in a system ("accepted") run by the same people that shunned a 9-3 BCU team that were co-champs of the MEAC and beat a FBS team.

Do you think they would have left out an 8-4 JMU with that same resume? We all know the answer to that.

Last edited:
We don't want to play the MEAC because they are bottom feeders of black college football as well as a embarrassment to the black race. We have a better competitive advantage when we play a fellow SWAC School.

You do realize that NC A&T, SC State, FAMU, Savannah State, and Fort Valley State are in "The Field" with the SWAC right? All MEAC Schools are not the same. Without FAMU, SC State, or NC A&T, there is no MEAC.

You don't understand....playing a TN State or a FAMU would maximize interest to Alcorn Football. Hopson won't be here forever so why not ride the WAVE as much as you can.

I wonder what are your thoughts on TN State. Sad.

And yet....Alcorn is on a four game losing streak to Howard.

Last edited:
Back