BREAKING: SABAN HEADED TO TEXAS?

Sumlin got a raise already. But he is on a lot of NFL GM lists for a head coach according to the ESPN and NFL network folks. So he might be gone anyway.

Brian Kelly also just recently got a contract extension, too. Brady Hoke is going to get one as well. These schools know what the deal is.

Even though money can instantly make people change their minds, Saban said that he would like to retire at Bama. Maybe, he feel he's getting old or tired. Now that he's had a statue honoring his name at UA, who knows what he will do. Let's just say for now, he's been in the State of Alabama for a number of years and there was something that brought him here.

Even though money can instantly make people change their minds, Saban said that he would like to retire at Bama. Maybe, he feel he's getting old or tired. Now that he's had a statue honoring his name at UA, who knows what he will do. Let's just say for now, he's been in the State of Alabama for a number of years and there was something that brought him here.

His success in the NFL was not that great.

Last edited:

UT needs to hire a younger guy anyway. Saban is no spring chicken and sooner or later the younger coaches will start dominating the ranks.

What's your guess? It definitely would have to be enough to make him show Dem Bamas his backside.

Would you leave a situation where you have complete control? Terri Saban says they are happy at Alabama and her husband is not leaving for another job. My money is on her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Would you leave a situation where you have complete control? Terri Saban says they are happy at Alabama and her husband is not leaving for another job. My money is on her.

Sure....That's what they all say until they see themselves in a much better financial situation. Do you remember what Saban told LSU before he left for the NFL? And when it comes to women and money, all loyalty is pushed aside. In case Texas does make him a offer, you Bamas just better be ready to match it or all you will is see is Saban's happy little backside. I know it's hard for you to imagine Saban leaving Bama for another school.

Last edited:
Sure....That's what they all say until they see themselves in a much better financial situation. Do you remember what Saban told LSU before he left for he LSU? And when it comes to women and money, all loyalty is pushed aside. In case Texas does make him a offer, you Bamas just better be ready to match it or all you will is see is Saban's happy little backside. I know it's hard for you to imagine Saban living Bama for another school.

For money and bama being investigated, it can sure happen.

I'm sure you stop whatever you were doing at the time when you read the article to make sure it wasn't true. I bet a person couldn't find a vacant bathroom in Bama.

I did not read it, I saw the headline and started laughing. Whenever ANY major program has trouble, the first coach mentioned is Saban. Multiple time each year, the interned rumor starts the he is going somewhere, he has not left yet. :lmao:

Do you honestly think Saban would turn down an offer that could double his current salary and pay Bama to buyout his contract? The real question is, would Bama match it?

Yes and he already has. For all of those that want Saban to leave for UT, keep dreaming.

Do you remember what Saban told LSU before he left for he LSU? And when it comes to women and money, all loyalty is pushed aside.

Saban went from LSU to the NFL where he was given a lot of control in Miami. Big difference in going from one school to another, especially going from a school that is a perennial championship contender to one that isn't.

Texas Defensive Coordinator Gone

Mack Brown watched the tape from Saturday night, and the result wasn't good for defensive coordinator Manny Diaz.

Texas has fired Diaz as defensive coordinator, the university confirmed on Sunday afternoon. Diaz has been reassigned to a new role in the athletic department.

"Our performance on defense last night was unacceptable, and we need to change that," Brown said in a release.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/c...ter-?blockID=937593&feedID=3742&ocid=ansfox11

Saban went from LSU to the NFL where he was given a lot of control in Miami. Big difference in going from one school to another, especially going from a school that is a perennial championship contender to one that isn't.

Even though I don't think Saban is going anywhere, nor should UT go after him. But if they decide to do that, he will have to listen. He would have an easier time of winning the Big 12 than the SEC. He would have an even BIGGER budget than he has now. He would be in a state full of recruits and would be able to continue to recruit Nationally. He would have even more perks with that Longhorn Network and there is NO STATE INCOME Tax in Texas. Dude would really be paid. Yes I know he is already rich. But at this point Saban is competing with his own self right now.

So his ego can be bought I believe. Who knows, maybe they promise to make him AD when he comes off the sideline. I can see him doing it or at least listening to it.

Les Miles will probably have someone say Texas contacted him to get another raise and extension to 2025 from LSU. (Got to check and see if there are any Michigan alums in Texas Administration). LOL.

Saban still may find his way back to the NFL if the situation right. Somewhere the organization is already good and know how to win. That Miami deal was not good. He had too much power in an organization that was down on it's luck. Saban would be better off taken over say the NY Giants when Coughlin retires or somebody like that. No bottom feeder organization.

I still say Texas needs to go after the younger guys. Saban is not going to win every year or every other year sooner than later. His run is about to come to an end as other teams get better and better. That 4 team playoffs will make it even more difficult to win just sitting around for a month waiting on a title game like they do now.

Texas Defensive Coordinator Gone

Mack Brown watched the tape from Saturday night, and the result wasn't good for defensive coordinator Manny Diaz.

Texas has fired Diaz as defensive coordinator, the university confirmed on Sunday afternoon. Diaz has been reassigned to a new role in the athletic department.

"Our performance on defense last night was unacceptable, and we need to change that," Brown said in a release.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/c...ter-?blockID=937593&feedID=3742&ocid=ansfox11

Damage control.

Same thing that bought Steve Spurrier to South Carolina.
He found out he was not nearly ready to coach in the NFL.

And again, this story has about as much traction as a car with racing slicks on a oil covered track. Saben ain't going nowhere. :lol:

Yes, but he promise LSU that he would never return to the college ranks after leaving them.

Last edited:

When Terri made that comment she said things like "...I've been a coaches wife for almost 40yrs..." and "....the next move I make will be to Lake Burton..." Saban isn't going anywhere. He is 62 and I don't know if he has it in him to start over again. Building a program is for young guys.

When Terri made that comment she said things like "...I've been a coaches wife for almost 40yrs..." and "....the next move I make will be to Lake Burton..." Saban isn't going anywhere. He is 62 and I don't know if he has it in him to start over again. Building a program is for young guys.

Not that it would take him long to build Texas. Not like they don't have any talent. They are just badly coached right now and have been coddled in that Mack Brown kind of way for too many years in Austin. They need some new blood. Now if I am Saban, I just retire at Alabama after a few more seasons. I wouldn't try to coach until I am too old like Bobby Bowden and Joe Pa did. I would assume as intense as he is, he should want to get out in 3 years at 65.

Now on the flip side, he can only do so much at Alabama now that he has won those titles. Anything less than a National Championship run every year is going to be considered a underachieving season with all the recruits he keeps hauling in. If he did get an offer to Texas for big arse money, he would only have to beat OU and Okie State most of the time to win the Big 12. Get an easy road to the new 4 team playoffs. You know they wouldn't fugg him over at UT. He would get control of all the big money them Texas folks have and they would set him out with more than even the rich Bama folks can. Them folks got Oil money and folks like Michael Dell and Joe Jamail writing checks. So it could be the richest deal in college football history for an easier job. That Bama job aint easy. He just made it look that way. Wait until the next guy takes over at Bama. It is a pressure cooker. Saban was just built for it though. Right guy at the right time. But if he left, he would be able to recruit like a mofo to UT just like he is doing in Bama without the SEC gauntlet of games on his schedule. He would be guaranteed a spot in the Big 12 title game every year practically. Because I think he would own Stoops and that coach at Okie State. Nobody would even challenge him. Talk about an easy gig. He could waltz into the National Title game. Which means he could add even more National Championships to his legacy and would have done it at 3 schools. Talk about iconic. So that caveat is out there. So it has to intrigue him some.

Saban is Older than Mack Brown, so I don't see Nick leaving the powerhouse that he has built at Bama to have to rebuild one at UT.

UT has a ton of money, BUT UT's problem now is that they are not in the SEC and TA&M is! A&M, in one years time has crushed UT in recruiting an in media coverage in the state of TX. No cares about who's playing in Austin on Saturday's because A&M has SEC teams playing in College Station.

Last year it was Florida and LSU in College Station. UT hosted Iowa State and Baylor..... Don't know body want to see that Big 12 BS any more. Once Nebraska and A&M left the conference the Big 12 was done. I really don't understand why OU constantly allows UT to pimp them into staying???

Saban is Older than Mack Brown, so I don't see Nick leaving the powerhouse that he has built at Bama to have to rebuild one at UT.

UT has a ton of money, BUT UT's problem now is that they are not in the SEC and TA&M is! A&M, in one years time has crushed UT in recruiting an in media coverage in the state of TX. No cares about who's playing in Austin on Saturday's because A&M has SEC teams playing in College Station.

Last year it was Florida and LSU in College Station. UT hosted Iowa State and Baylor..... Don't know body want to see that Big 12 BS any more. Once Nebraska and A&M left the conference the Big 12 was done. I really don't understand why OU constantly allows UT to pimp them into staying???

Yeah I agee. Which makes me wonder what UT is going to do long term. They are still the flagship school in Texas whether the Aggies see it or not. Also if Kevin Sumlin bolts to the NFL like people think he might. Does A&M have the good sense to hire another good coach that can actually win in the SEC. The worse thing that can happen to them is make a bad hire if Sumlin does get a NFL offer as the Adam Schefters and Mortensen's say he will after this season.

I think the guy to watch is Hugh Freeze. He plays UT this weekend in Austin. If Ole Piss beats UT in Austin. Freeze may have just auditioned himself for a bigger paying gig. It seems like the dude can really recruit. He knows he ain't going to ever win the SEC with Les Miles and Nick Saban roaming the sidelines just on the West side of the SEC. He may be riped for the taking. All it is going to take is for UT to get the right coach and get them turned around. They may not be in the SEC. But if they can get to National Championship and win no matter if you are in the Big 12. The recruits will come.

I say UT forget about trying to get Saban. They need one for the long haul who is younger.

Back