Both Alcorn and Jackson State have an Open Date on 10/10/15

Lol TP.

How many years have to go by.........
How many times do I have to explain to yall NO SWAC TEAM IS GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN.

You honestly think FCS will wait on us to make a decision when they will have other teams in stronger conferences to pick from already to go with no if and or maybe to worry about. Especially since our leadership routinely say F*&K the playoffs publically.

Yall need to move on from that even though i know that playoff thing was a side shot at them injuns. Lol

They don't have to wait on us to make a decision. If the game was a week prior, the available teams would be the available teams.

Also, f*&k the playoffs! lol

Both Alcorn and Jackson State have Open Date on 10/10/15. Why couldn't this game be played on this date rather than scheduling the game November 28, 2015, Thanksgiving weekend?

I believe the SWAC office scheduled the game. The game really isn't a rivalry anymore, why wait until November to schedule it?

Logical thinking person post. The Miss. State fair may also be a reason to attend if the game was played on Oct. 10.
Any game played at memorial will be a good draw during state fair time.

Still dont see the logic in moving the game to a earlier date. Why try to fix something that has never broke.

This game was played on thanksgiving day long before the BC even moved to New Orleans. Why is it so important to move it now. We moved it once back in 1980 to accommodate the playoffs. Thats not a issue anymore. Alcorn vs jsu just would not work out the same if it is played earlier and then followed by Tex sou, uapb......or any other school. The rest of the season would be a let down.

I believe the SWAC office scheduled the game. The game really isn't a rivalry anymore, why wait until November to schedule it?
Lol

JSU and Alcorn control the date of this game. Since it is jsu home game, we moved it back to this weekend like we requested alcorn to do back in 2009 but they declined to do so when it was their home game in memorial.

Trust me, I think it's a smalltime system.. LOL but I would like to see our 2nd place East or West team get a chance to go. Why be 9-2 sitting at home ranked # 18 in the nation with nowhere to go.

The FCS playoffs don't care about HBCU football away. The MEAC had 2 if not three 9-2 teams last year and what happened. All of them were looked over and at least one of them had been ranked all season long.

Im sitting here scratching my head and all confused at some these comments like huh? The Alcorn/Jackson game is fine where it is… Whether it's the weekend before Thanksgiving or a few days after…it being the last game is where it should be.

I still say the JSU/Alcorn game should have been played on October 10, 2015. The game isn't a Classic and it's costing JSU more than $10,000 to house and feed the band and football players for a week prepping for the game verses the band/football team spending the holiday with their families.

I still say the JSU/Alcorn game should have been played on October 10, 2015. The game isn't a Classic and it's costing JSU more than $10,000 to house and feed the band and football players for a week prepping for the game verses the band/football team spending the holiday with their families.

That decision was made by JSU since it was there home game. Next year with the game being in Lorman it will be the week before Thanksgiving.

When are classes over for the holiday?

Back