Both Alcorn and Jackson State have an Open Date on 10/10/15

Dr. Tripp

Both Alcorn and Jackson State have Open Date on 10/10/15. Why couldn't this game be played on this date rather than scheduling the game November 28, 2015, Thanksgiving weekend?

Both Alcorn and Jackson State have Open Date on 10/10/15. Why couldn't this game be played on this date rather than scheduling the game November 28, 2015, Thanksgiving weekend?

Because the game isn't the Magic City Classic, it has to be the last game of the season for both schools.

Hell, JSU and Alcorn should play that mofo on Thanksgiving Day. Bump that open day crap. Make that money. #Soul Bowl. Good move on both schools part to play on Thanksgiving weekend.

Did y'all see that poll where Planned Parenthood was more popular than any other political entity in America right now?

trmp1.gif

This must be a setup question. I think some of y'all like when the mafia goes into full smack mode on the sports board.

Very Good. Question. Actually, it would have been more beneficial to play it on October 10, 2015. Ironically, there is no guarantee money will be made on Thanksgiving because JSU fans may be so fed up with Harold Jackson by November, they may say the hell with the Alcorn game. The only way this game works on Thanksgiving is if it is a JSU vs. Alcorn "Elimination: Win to Go Houston or Go Home" type Game.

If it is not, it will just be another JSU vs. Alcorn game in a dying HBCU rivalry.

Also, like I have preached before, old folks aren't considerate that everybody doesn't have their mortgage paid off or kids who have graduated college. Traveling to Jackson of New Orleans for Thanksgiving, then packing for Houston and afterwards Atlanta is a lot of money for working class people. You would actually be better off watching both games on TV.

Very Good. Question. Actually, it would have been more beneficial to play it on October 10, 2015. Ironically, there is no guarantee money will be made on Thanksgiving because JSU fans may be so fed up with Harold Jackson by November, they may say the hell with the Alcorn game. The only way this game works on Thanksgiving is if it is a JSU vs. Alcorn "Elimination: Win to Go Houston or Go Home" type Game.

If it is not, it will just be another JSU vs. Alcorn game in a dying HBCU rivalry.

Also, like I have preached before, old folks aren't considerate that everybody doesn't have their mortgage paid off or kids who have graduated college. Traveling to Jackson of New Orleans for Thanksgiving, then packing for Houston and afterwards Atlanta is a lot of money for working class people. You would actually be better off watching both games on TV.

Bruh, folks will spend what they want to spend their money on. Haven't you learned that by now.

No, because that is the homecoming date for the #8 tailgating school and they want to come to the hill.

coffee.gif

Probably would be best for the game to be played on Oct 10, because if Jackson State doesn't win another game (it's possible), come November 28, you will just have the two bands and crickets at the game. The longer JSU waits to play this game, the more money JSU will lose.

Last edited:
Probably would be best for the game to be played on Oct 10, because if Jackson State doesn't win another game (it's possible), come November 28, you will just have the two bands and crickets at the game. The longer JSU waits to play this game, the more money JSU will lose.

Man yall crazy. If the weather is right JSU fans will show up to the game against Alcorn.

Why on earth do people want to MAKE us play this game early. Lol

Yall schedule yall games like you have done and let us schedule ours. We know our fan base. Personally I been calling for this game to be moved back to thanksgiving day or that weekend every since the SCG was created and the playoffs was cancelled.

The game gets as close to 30000 as it can on Alcorns campus and more in memorial on the week before thanksgiving. Now that JSU has moved it back to the 4 day holiday weekend, with all the people back in town for thanksgiving and black friday.......watch the numbers this year.

Sorry but the fans of alcorn and jsu made the trip to the BC only because our seasons were over at that point. Not gonna be the case this year. Not our obligation to have a open date for people to drive to the BC.

This is strictly business........thats all it is.

I don't like the date. I preferred the weekend before Thanksgiving because even those stagga disagrees with me.. LOL ... once we beat Alcorn and go to Houston, we will kill their chances of going to the playoffs. :snicker:

Lol TP.

How many years have to go by.........
How many times do I have to explain to yall NO SWAC TEAM IS GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN.

You honestly think FCS will wait on us to make a decision when they will have other teams in stronger conferences to pick from already to go with no if and or maybe to worry about. Especially since our leadership routinely say F*&K the playoffs publically.

Yall need to move on from that even though i know that playoff thing was a side shot at them injuns. Lol

Logical thinking person post. The Miss. State fair may also be a reason to attend if the game was played on Oct. 10.

Too bad. Working class folks support other schools. Get tired of hearing that excuse. If you ain't got it. You stay home. Bottom line. Folks spend what they want. Those same folks will have their arses in line for Black Friday at 4 am to spend all kinds of cash.

Lol TP.

How many years have to go by.........
How many times do I have to explain to yall NO SWAC TEAM IS GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN.

You honestly think FCS will wait on us to make a decision when they will have other teams in stronger conferences to pick from already to go with no if and or maybe to worry about. Especially since our leadership routinely say F*&K the playoffs publically.

Yall need to move on from that even though i know that playoff thing was a side shot at them injuns. Lol

Why is the FCS playoffs even thought about. Nobody cares about it. Schools who win it are planning to leave FCS as fast as they can and the SWAC and MEAC has decided it makes no sense to PAY to PLAY for some FCS pimp title. It ain't even about waiting on us. Them mofos about to be out of business if the bigger FCS schools keep leaving for FBS to play in the next made up bowl game for whatever conference they join. LOL. I bet Coastal Carolina can't wait to be gone from FCS. I don't know why we even think about getting an extra team to the post season. Either you win the SWAC or you stay home. Simple as that.

Why is the FCS playoffs even thought about. Nobody cares about it. Schools who win it are planning to leave FCS as fast as they can and the SWAC and MEAC has decided it makes no sense to PAY to PLAY for some FCS pimp title. It ain't even about waiting on us. Them mofos about to be out of business if the bigger FCS schools keep leaving for FBS to play in the next made up bowl game for whatever conference they join. LOL. I bet Coastal Carolina can't wait to be gone from FCS. I don't know why we even think about getting an extra team to the post season. Either you win the SWAC or you stay home. Simple as that.

Trust me, I think it's a smalltime system.. LOL but I would like to see our 2nd place East or West team get a chance to go. Why be 9-2 sitting at home ranked # 18 in the nation with nowhere to go.

Back