Bayou Classic Contract Details Revealed

Without reading the contract I'm sure what happens is the city give both schools money towards their scholarship funds or endowments in the forms of a check at the game like Bham does for us doing th classic at halftime. I have seen both schools presidents holding checks with 100-150K checks taking pictures. This is the part folks are missing who are questioning the contract. Any way good job SU and GSU!! Let the haters hate. Its what they do best.

There's something really wrong occurring @ HBCUs. I just looked @ 2014 HBCU endowment #s and there's a HUGE segregation between the privates and public schools. smh Spelman, Howard, and Hampton Institute are kicking public HBCUs in the azz. I know Howard's situation due to proximity and ass-raping the federal govt in DC @ will.

I read the corporate sponsorship contract. No where in the highlights of it does it answer my question. If this game is bringing in a estimate 50 million in economics to New Orleans, the city should be paying the said schools some money. But being the troll you've been lately you wouldn't understand the question and just want to verbally attack someone with cynicism.
That's economic impact, not direct dollars earned by the city as an entity. The difference is that the city of Dallas gets direct dollars due to them owning the State Fair of Texas.

The New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau is a sponsor for the game so that is how they give money to the schools.

Each school to me actually deserves millions, it's our schools in the game, they need us more than we need them on the real, i hope these renegotiations clear that up.
Our schools actually do make a million dollars. The thing is if you add up all the advertising, security, event planning, food, hotel rooms and transportation we walk with a good amount of money. After all the scholarships, and other money add up we make close to a million. If we had to add in the other things it would kill us at a home and home. Event planning and advertising plus security would cost close to a million along.

Grambling and SU have done exactly what the NOCCI wanted them to do:

Gain More Leverage

Now the NOCCI has more leverage because now they can show what happened to the game when THEY got involved.

They get their incentives in addition. Watch what happens in the future. They will slowly use their leverage to get more and more of the percentage.

62,500...Great!!! How many more mingling around you think? The BC is back and that means winning teams and now the other rivalry games, except the MCC, needs to step up their game.

Sitting quietly waiting for the negative comments to come. Good work getting the info Kenn!

Where is TP? He wanted to know. I am sure even ole BH3 will jump on this as well.

I have no point of reference to know if what I glanced at was good or bad. The article is not detailed enough to compare what was and what it...... but again, I just glanced. It was not juicy enough for my full attention.. LOL

Each school to me actually deserves millions, it's our schools in the game, they need us more than we need them on the real, i hope these renegotiations clear that up.

I agree!! The only thing that this game needs to boost attendance is for S.U. and Grambling to have good football teams. Our beloved Universities are getting hosed on this deal. The game generates 50m in revenue between 12pm check in time Friday and 12 pm check out time Sunday. And they give us a 125k tip!

Grambling and SU have done exactly what the NOCCI wanted them to do:

Gain More Leverage

Now the NOCCI has more leverage because now they can show what happened to the game when THEY got involved.

They get their incentives in addition. Watch what happens in the future. They will slowly use their leverage to get more and more of the percentage.

Excuse me Sir! NOCCI had nothing to do with the attendance. That game went Years without the NOCCI' s help and still put up numbers. Bad football was the reason attendance was low and we let "Those Sprites" convince us that they could help with numbers, for a fee.

I agree!! The only thing that this game needs to boost attendance is for S.U. and Grambling to have good football teams. Our beloved Universities are getting hosed on this deal. The game generates 50m in revenue between 12pm check in time Friday and 12 pm check out time Sunday. And they give us a 125k tip!
Who specifically would the money come from? $50M in economic impact to the area means $50M combined generated by the businesses in N.O. So which of those businesses should pay us?

Back