SMU Sorority On Why They Won’t Accept Blacks

Those groups don't even sound like they would do anything community service wise that would benefit us and on top of that the stuff they do don't sound like it would be fun or add to my college life anyway fugg them

This is why you dont let the Boule clergy hijack civil rights movements. They set the precedent for BS like this.

Those groups don't even sound like they would do anything community service wise that would benefit us and on top of that the stuff they do don't sound like it would be fun or add to my college life anyway fugg them

Do you actually think they are doing ANY community service that would benefit anyone other than themselves?? Also this sorority is an admitted racist organization and should be federally shutdown!!!

I will never understand why certain blacks just have to be apart of something white. The same thing happened at Alabama last year. Then these white clubs admitted Black women only to turn around and block the same black's they admitted from homecoming queens. Now that's progress for your azz.

I had to revisit my initial thoughts and think rationally instead of emotionally. If a person of color desire(d/s) to join that particular sorority, it's their right to do so, if they meet the admittance criteria and are qualified when compared w/ their peers, and I would wish them well in their quest to integrate and also cause a change of perception (hopefully) to occur.

I'm fairly certain views from a lot of people of color are the EXACT same views that were presented by people of color in the segregated environments during the turbulent 1950s/1960s when integration towards those predominant white entities was occurring: "why would you want to go deal w/ those white folks?" "they don't like you so why are you trying to go over there to be around them?" .... Those things had to occur to help usher in change that some of us now enjoy in our festive workplace/envrionments. (looking around and seeing 100% white folks this very second - not one person of color, spanish, et al smh)

We, people of color in this country, need progress and advancement, not retreat when the old guard rears its ugly head. Those old guard people cannot die off fast enough, imho, so this country can be as great as it could be. I'll bet a dime to a dollar since the athletic department @ "smoo" is integrated, they'll do some type of damage control if those black student-athletes start to raise a little bit of hell. :)

Blacks have their own [universities], why do blacks feel the need to join a white [university] to validate who they want to be? I guess Ms. Charlene's ice water is really colder?

See? lol I respect the desires of the past ones who suffered for all to have freely equal access and rights to whatever objectives/desires they individually deem worthy.

On day we'll realize we control the economic dollar....but we don't realize we get bought early on and never complain until something bad happens

You do have older blacks during the movement admitting more that it didn't make sense to force integration as it dried up our own causes and folks still segregate by economics

In the old days, only a street separated blacks and whites but now it's highways and counties

I am not shocked nor am I surprised about this article. Most white people think this way. It is alright to have Blacks on their football and basketball teams but not in their sororities/fraternities, in which I don't think many blacks are interesting in joining. Racism is alive and well and I don't understand why some black folk think the average white person like them. They don't like us and they are teaching their children not to like us or respect us as a race of people. I don't like any organization that is exclusive, (be it Greek or any other organization).

Last edited:
I am not shocked nor am I surprised about this article. Most white people think this way. It is alright to have Blacks on their football and basketball teams but not in their sororities fraternities, in which I don't think many blacks are interesting in joining. Racism is alive and well and I don't understand why some black folks think the average white person like them. They don't like us and they are teaching their children not to like us or respect us as a race of people. I don't like any organization that is exclusive, (be it Greek or any other organization).

Very nice response. +1.

These ignorant White kids are so ignorant that they failed to realize that racism in this country was started by their WHITE ancestors, which is one of the main reasons why there are MAJORITY Black institutions and establishments, such as colleges, fraternities, sororities, etc. Now these dumb fools want to use reverse racism as a means of justifying their dumb actions. SMU should do these fools the same way the University of Oklahoma did the White fraternity (SAE) for saying their racist chant. Kick their butts out of school. IMO, if nothing is done and the university allows this behavior to continue, the Black students who are athletes should be grant the right from the NCAA to transfer to another school without being penalized due to the hostile racial environment at their current school. It would be nice to see some of these athletes transfer to a HBCU.

Last edited:
Back