It appears SUBR's enrollment is definitely on rise again........

JAG89

THE NEW AMERICA'S TEAM
It appears SUBR's enrollment is definitely on THE rise again........

There is over 1,200 freshmen enrolled this year compared to 900 freshmen enrolled at the same time last year and there's still 2 weeks left for final enrollment. That's a 33% increase of freshmen from last year. It seems like the school is well on its way to climb back to over 10,000 students again.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/southern-university-sees-a-rise-in-enrollment-numbers

SUbr won't have a problem getting back to 10k and this time, you won't have to sacrifice graduation rate and what not because you guys pushed your standards up. I know some of yall alumni didn't like it but it looks like that decision will build a stronger Southern.

Oh.... ok... thanks.

What is the enrollment now?

Last year it was like 7,300. It should be near 8,000 now. If the incoming freshmen classes continue to rise at the same rate as this semester of 33%, it should take approximately 3 to 5 years to get over the 10,000 mark.

I think JSU enrollment will probably be around 10,500 - 11,000 this fall. Heard today 200 students without dorm room due to overcrowding even with jsu's two new additional resident halls. Go jsu

We won't be that high but we lookin real bad in these streets with no place for students to go.

I guess you didn't see where I typed that the school is well on its way to climb back to over 10,000 students again. You needed jag4life to clarify that for you. LOL!!!

yes, because your statement was misleading and lacked vital info.

We won't be that high but we lookin real bad in these streets with no place for students to go.
10,500 is very possible you must not forget online and Madison campus. We were 9,500 last year so even if there 500 addition from freshman, transfers and just new students period on top of 500 from online and Madison and JSU new public policy building downtown could easily be 10,500. Last I heard is they were expecting 10,600 is what the lady at JSU welcome center said. I asked her at the meet the coaches event last week.

yes, because your statement was misleading and lacked vital info.

So you needed someone to tell you exactly what I said word for word? I guess the T.V. news station was misleading and lacked VITAL information too or maybe logic is not your forte'. LOL!!!

Last edited:
It's sad that the state of Mississippi put a halt to JSU building new dorms imo only because JSU is fastly catching up to USM. I notice quite a few Caucasian people who are not racist actually including JSU in as one of the the big 4 instead of the big 3 being MSU, UM and USM.!!!! But our president is so smart she actually trying to increase online and commuter enrollment. So again the state can't stop us and if I'm not mistaken there's plan to renovate Stewart and the old football dorm back into active dorm facilities. And the way Alexander hall looks after renovation I'm excited to see how these other two will look

Yep. My Soph and JR year we blew past that mark. It was crazy.

Good thing SU has finally updated its dorms. I can still remember the Blind School dorms having like 4 or 5 deep to one room. Now that SU is back on the rise, it should be easy for the school to accommodate 11,000 to 12,000 students. I do believe there are plans for more dorms on campus in the future, which is why I think they quickly cleared out the old dorms that made up the Magnolia Triangle. Also, I do believe Grambling has improved its dorms situation over the years.

Last edited:
Back