Your thoughts regarding the content of The State of the Union Address.

Makaho, I was wondering where you were,,

Also,,, where are all these posters when you post on politics? None of these names look familiar as respondants to your politics posts.

but Makaho,,,,, breh,,,,,,, as I have stated since broaching these political topics, I see no difference between YOU, a hardline right-wing republican, and these hardline left-wing liberals.

It amazes me that yall buy into the rhetoric of the parties and don't look at things based on logic. As I see it, a logical assessment of the myriad of issues in this country fall along the right and left, republican and democrat,,,, RANDOMLY.

I don't buy their tear jerks over these baphoons in Cuba, but I don't buy your republican spin on the matter either. No, none of the "uncle tom" stuff, but I would say, I'm dissappointed that you BLAST the left for being so sheepheard minded, but yet you are the same on the right and as far as all the republican "dogma" goes.

It just so happens that logically I don't see the big deal about the status of these clowns in Cuba. Janet Reno, Clinton and all the stuff you talkin' bout has nothing to do with the core issue of how these clowns should be classified, but republicans/conservatives spin all that non-sense just as good as you have given an analogy about liberals spinning the compassionate aspect of the situation.

To me, I see it as they don't care who's on a plane, black or white or republican or liberal, so why should I care about how they are classified,, especially when they are not being slaughtered or retaliated against,,,, which in the natural world would happen (if something trys to kill/eat you, you either try to get away or you fight to the death, and the cycle is complete and starts all over again.). Ask them and they will tell you,,, they will die for their cause no matter what the odds or how much of a "super power" the U.S. is. Ok,,,, then you shouldn't have much of a problem camping out on a carabean island until tried before a military tribunal. Very simple to me.
:)

We don?t have any concrete proof that these people are terrorist. The Bush administration is telling us that these people are the guilty party because America is looking for a group to HATE. This is the same administration that will not tell us what they talked to Enron about. You don?t think that it is strange that these people were captured, but Osama and nor his advisors can be found. Also why haven?t military intelligence released news footage of these people confessing? Military intelligence had a camera in John Walker?s face recording his confession while he still had a bullet in him. John Walker was singing like a canary. Richard Reid was caught red handed or wet shoed take your pick. The prisoners in Cuba are just a dog and pony show. The country wanted to have someone to hate and the prisoners were nominated to fill in the gap. What happened to due process? No matter what the crime is, these people have rights. Remember innocent until proven guilty.

This issue is not about Republican or Democrat, this issue is about the U.S Legal system. The US has a long history of using scapegoats. In times of need, someone will be used to fit the crime whether they are guilty or not. Check our history.

If the captives are so evil, they would not hesitate one second to say they are responsible for September 11th. . They are in shackles, it?s not like they can attack anyone. I would like to see a post beating confusion from the prisoners, give me some proof. America is good about beating confessions out of black people, why is this different.

I am not saying these people are innocent. This just looks like the olden days of ?a crime has been committed?someone said it was the blacks?lets punish the blacks.

Someone posted that these people don?t care if they kill Blacks or Whites, granted I can except that. My question is what made them decide to kill in the first place????? The group on the airplanes did not just get out of bed one day and say ??Hmmm, you know I have a taste in my mouth to kill some USA citizens??

The important thing to remember is what did WE do to these people to make them mad enough to want to do this. I don?t except that they are jealous of our life in the USA. I just can?t believe that middle eastern person wants to kill me because my co-workers wants to call me a N----- behind my back.

This is not an open and shut case.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Now we are trying to get somewhere pv_sy, however,,,

I don't think either side can answer questions definitively about these capturees, not your liberal side in terms of them being totally innnocent and not the republican side in terms of them being guilty, but in this instance, there were U.S. soldiers on the ground that were conducting a military operation that ended up capturing these people and someone made the decision to not kill them and instead capture them and send them to Cuba for some form of process.

I'm sorry, but I dont' see the Enron connection to some conspiracy against the detainees in Cuba, but the liberal/democratic side of the isle must make hey of it just like the republican would do if it were Al Gore in office instead of Bush Jr.
All's fair in love and war, but I personnally don't buy into the rationale of either.

Given the circumstances of having people in countries vowing that they hate America(they are not saying they only hate white Americans) and teaching their kids to hate America and become matres in the demize of America, it's not hard for me to believe that color or political affiliation matters to them.

Just like you say there is no evidence that these people are "guilty", I would propose that you have no evidence to say that they were simple farmers who were rounded up indiscriminantly in Afganistan like Jews in Nozzi Germany. The reason being is because of the media in this country. You would have to admit that we have the free-est media on earth that is constantly trying to find stories, schandals and cover-ups especially government-related, so I find it hard to believe that the army is pulling off something like randomly rounding up Afgans to use as scapegoats. It will come out one day, 20-30 years from now, in news documentaries and such, just like the things that happened in Vietnam.

To your comments on the history of WHY the terrorist did what they did; you know the answer to that question. Just take a look at indians and blacks here. but tell me,,, are you willing to do what they are doing for the black cause here as they do for their cause???? If not, why not???

but ok,,,, what if their reasons are justified, what would YOU propose the U.S. do to stop the terrorism???? Please list what you would do if you were president to stop terrorism around the world. I would like to hear this and compair it to the policies that we are under at this moment.

On the subject of the prisioners or detanees in Cuba, I will not say much now. (My PC is in the shop for one thing.) But I would not be so trusting of the media in this country. Why? Look at how they represent us. People from other countries mistrust Black people in this country because of the images from Hollywood and American media. Look at how they represent (Or should I say misrepresent?) HBCUs. Again I would not be so trusting of American media.

Why little mixing before there was Amer-media.

There was no American media until recent history. Again I say, let the Africans/American blacks and all these non-European races mix and we'll see how "down" they are with us. They are no more "down" than the white race.

Back