Your thoughts regarding the content of The State of the Union Address.

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
The State of the Union Address is tonight. I know that the Commander and Chief will address the War with Afghanistan. I will watch the address because I wonder if a few of my questions will be answered:

Question (1) if there is a war with Afghanistan, why aren?t the people in Cuba POW?s?

Question (2) will the President address the Enron situation, why Dick Cheney refuses to disclose the conversation that he had with Enron?

Question (3) will the President address his plans to turn the economy around and put and end to this recession?

I hope that my fellow Republican (G. W. Bush) will not spend 98% of his address talking about the great strides that we have made in the war against terrorism. Also, I don?t want to hear how the government can not find the person that G. W. Bush is seeking. I want to hear about the plan to turn my country economy around.

D-Town Jag,

What are you talking about the speech is tonight. Tuesday January 29, 2002. I heard great things about you, so I know that you will watch the Speech. Right?

It was stated on the MSNBC this morning that the President will not even utter the "E" word not one time. But he will talk about the broader issues of the need for stricter accounting and better corporate disclosure.

I'm glad you heard great things about me, but....

Originally posted by pv_symbiotic
D-Town Jag,

What are you talking about the speech is tonight. Tuesday January 29, 2002. I heard great things about you, so I know that you will watch the Speech. Right?

My previous post still stands......:(

You don't know nah ...

D-Town Jag,

You are going to make me drive to Lancaster and sit there with you will you watch the Speech. I want you to very aware of what G.W. said last night. He looked like he was stoned from those drugs that his niece stole.

Re: You don't know nah ...

Originally posted by pv_symbiotic
D-Town Jag,

You are going to make me drive to Lancaster and sit there with you will you watch the Speech. I want you to very aware of what G.W. said last night. He looked like he was stoned from those drugs that his niece stole.

pv_symbiotic,

What part of Dallas are you in? I didn't watch the speech last night due to illness. I was asleep by 8:30. I did think it was coming on the night before tho...:lol:

I'm not too thrilled with our new president, but I know I need to support him since he did get ugh,....elected.:rolleyes:

Most peeps know how I feel about politics and politicians....they all talk a good game, but will any of this come to pass?

I wanted to hear a speech about how the union is doing. Last night all I heard blah?blah?blah?war against terrorism? blah?blah?blah. Let?s talk about increasing the budget of schools and not building more prisons. This reminds me of when Laura made that comment about South Dallas ??flooding is not a problem as longs as it happens in the black neighborhood.?

I really don?t need to hear the man say we need to keep a closer eye on corporations. I can hear that statement on the nightly news. I wanted to hear that G.W say he will make corporations accountable for financial misconduct. Oh yeah G. W. is in favor of letting corporations do as they please no matter how many people get stepped on.

What happened to the good old speeches of how good jobs are at a high and how the economy is doing great?

First there were ?read my lips?, Now the message is? I cut my face by choking on a pretzel.? Tell the truth G.W?my wife clocked me because I?

How are he and the government about to give Afghanistan reparations when the American economy is at an all time low.

I live in Irving central point of the Metroplex. Sorry to hear that you are sick.

I know that politicians are full of hot air, But G.W. always has a stupid smirk on his face. Brings to mind the first Batman movie when the mobsters asked the Joker??What?s the deal with that stupid grin??

I work in Irving....I'm doing better today...Thanks.

Now back to G.W. Just what has he done for us since he's been in office? The reparations for Afghanistan took the cake. I don't even want to start on that. :mad:

I know I have a lot to learn about politics in general, but I do believe that I'm not that stupid to think we're doing ok in the U.S. under this man's leadership. Everybody wanted to talk bad about Clinton, but the economy wasn't bad while he was in office. He dealt with the issues at hand. Yeah, he was a ho, but so what. Most men are.;).....but that's another topic.

Why do I know sooooo many folks out of work right now? Can G.W. answer me that?

I watched it.

The devil is in the details.

I thought that California Civil Rights lawyer Connie Rice has some good comments on Politically Incorrect last night. She got into some of the details.

Anyway, consider these.

There was a $1.4 trillion tax cut.

He talked about broading, increasing, continuing or whatever word one wants to use the war on terrorism. He talked about having quality teachers in every classroom (sounds good), a patient bill of rights (sounds good), prescription drug coverage or benefits and the USA Freedom Corps (sounds good). Those ideas sound good, but things that sound good are not always good. As I said before the devil is in the details. The federal budget surplus like the Texas budget surplus is gone. In Texas the surplus was going or was gone under his watch. (How much money will PV and TSU really get?) We have seen what has happened in Washington to the federal budget before 9/11. So I ask, where is the money going to come from for the war, education and health care? Where is the money going to come from for his USA Freedom Corps? These things will cost money. Though I am not the biggest fan of paying taxes, I realize that these programs will be hard to pay for after that tax cut that mainly benefited the rich.

Similar to Watergate Enron will not go away anytime soon.

Anyway, with the mid-term elections coming this fall, things will get even more interesting in Washington.

Again the devil is in the details.

Re: I watched it.

Originally posted by EB
The devil is in the details.

How true this is.....

These things will cost money. Though I am not the biggest fan of paying taxes, I realize that these programs will be hard to pay for after that tax cut that mainly benefited the rich.

Doesn't everything that deals with taxes benefit the rich? :rolleyes:

Why do I know sooooo many folks out of work right now? Can G.W. answer me that?

Funny I just had a conversation last night that fell into the question that you just asked. It turns out that American workers are being replaced with foreign workers because foreign workers can not sue companies because of something about the work permit status that they are classified as. If you have a company and your employees can?t sue for discrimination or unsafe work conditions. Can you say $$$$$$$ (Big Baller Shot Caller).

Same BS different day....

See, this is what I'm talking about right now. This is suppose to be America and America should be looking out for Americans. WTF, you're gonna put all Americans out of work for some dam foreigners?

I don't think so....such bullisht. :tdown:

POW Issue

The Taliban soldiers in Cuba are not considered POW's because Congress only declared war on terrorism.....not a specific country. The established government of Afghanistan are cooperating with the United States. The Taliban is not considered to be an established government.

Let?s try the Chewbacca Denfense (South Park Fans). The war is on ?terrorism?, The people in Cuba are ?terrorist.? I see a connection. Those are not Taliban prisoners, those are ?terrorist? prisoners of war. I know that lawyers are salivating to represent these prisoners.

I agree with D-Town jag, The Bush Administration is full of bull excrement.

Bush

Bush is the most uninspiring speaker I have ever heard. It pains me to hear him try to give a "rah-rah!" speech. This guy has about as much charisma as a pine tree. I can't believe people rave over his speeches.

I don't, however, agree with all this non-sensical concern about what these clowns in Cuba should be classified as. You people have got to be kidding me. Why do you care?????!!!!:confused: What's the big deal about their classification???? :confused:

You people have got to be kidding me. Why do you care?????!!!! What's the big deal about their classification????

What do I care? I have not heard admission of guilt. When I look at the prisoners in Cuba and I think about all the black people have have been lynched. Remember the mob/police said that the lynch victim didn't have rights.

Remember we are America, was are suppose to treat the enemy better than they treated us. We are suppose to be the bigger better country.

Besides, this is 2002 racism died in the 80's, Right?

I watched that song and dance

Please excuse me while I vomit. He can talk the talk but I really want to see where we(U.S) stand in six months or a year.

:smh:

by EB

So I ask, where is the money going to come from for the war, education and health care?

Deficit spending. He said as much in his speech, although he tried to suggest that this would only be temporary.

By all accounts the budget is at a deficit. Increasing spending and cutting taxes without bringing in more money will only make the deficit higher. The government will have to borrow more money and this jacks interest rates up sky high. Less purchasing power for credit card purchases and big ticket items bought on credit, so us'-ins is still out of luck.

Bush's, like Enron, is trying to do an end-run with his economic plan: line the pockets of his well-off buddys while leaving everybody else holding the bag. Trickle-down don't work no matter how its disguised.

Re: the speech:

Too many generalities, no substantive details on how to get things done. Typical republican smoke and mirrors. He knows he's riding the high approval rating that comes with country unity which occurs during a "war". But the "war" is wearing thin on folks because people are losing jobs. Over the next few months he going to have to show if he can lead the country domestically and whether or not he has a vision that will be economically productive for Average Joe. If he doesn't, he's going to be a one hit wonder who will soon be a afterthought; i.e., like father, like son......................

Regards.

Remember the others voted him in because he would make it rough on the black and take away their jobs. He the others as the minorities because they had less then one hundred million net worth.

Some of them are asking why is the government giving Cheney a hard time about the Enron thing. They think that Cheney didn't know a thing. I want to hear what Cheney says under oath. I think that he will pled the fifth.

Re: I know one thing

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
We better not let his azz back in for a 2nd term.

I with you, DTJ. I think we need to tamper with some of the votes for the next election and see if they would still want to re-count them.

,,,,,,,,, huh?

Originally Posted by pv_symbiotic
I have not heard admission of guilt. When I look at the prisoners in Cuba and I think about all the black people have have been lynched. Remember the mob/police said that the lynch victim didn't have rights.
Remember we are America, was are suppose to treat the enemy better than they treated us. We are suppose to be the bigger better country.
Besides, this is 2002 racism died in the 80's, Right?

Sir, Mam:

The guys that flew those planes into structures didn't care about the guilt or innocence of the people, black or whatever, in those jets either.

The prisoners in Cuba don't give a rat's butt about all the black people who have been lynched in America, nor do they give a rat's butt about blacks in America. Let a black male run up in one of dey women and we'll see that they are not too much different than Sam Bowers (the most reveared klan leaders of all time) when it comes to mixing of the races and all this "fellow oppressed black brothers" mumbo-jumbo. What da heck you think they do/did to people in Afganistan or where ever that didn't follow their rules? Soooo, they gave everybody who didn't/don't agree with them in Afganistan or elsewhere a fair hearing????

We are America? AND? What rose colored glasses are you looking through? You don't really buy into all that feel-good crap do you????????? So when will they "follow the rules"??? Shouldn't they be following some rules???

yes it is 2002 and no racism ain't died,,, and when some non-whites/europeans attack America, that gives America which happens to be composed of a myriad of races but predominantly of European descent,, and whom may be indiscriminantly killed by the attackers.

oops! ,, to finish,,

that gives America all the more reason to unleash furry on the non-white/european attackers just like in the case of the Indians.

Depending on your perspective, it is not right/fair, but those are the conditions that prevail at this point in history.

Dammit Liberals....

Why must you always reap the fruits of a neutralized voting necleus. Why do you always complain? OH I forgot, that's what you do best. :D
I decided about 300 posts ago that convincing you liberals about anything outside of the Democratic philosophy would be like trying to teach Janet Reno Kama Sutra techniques.
Which is why I don't even bother anymore....I will stick to Bootyology "101" and Puddin....something we all agree upon.
Your incoherent ramblings only provide fodder for Republicans like myself to write campaign checks for our candidates...How many have you Democrats written...yeah, I thought so. So until you learn how politics work and decide to play ball, here is something that I think you should read............

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER

CLASSIC VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. Grasshopper has no food or shelter so he dies out in the cold.

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so? Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing "It's Not Easy Being Green." Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing "We shall overcome". Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Maxine Waters exclaims in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and calls for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share". Finally, the EOC along with help from the ACLU drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary Clinton gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried, before a panel of federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients. The ant loses the case. The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

VOTE REPUBLICAN

Post Uncle Tom references here--------------------------->

Post What have the Republicans done for us here----->

Post Bill Clinton was good for us B.S. here----->

Back