Your favorite teams

I don't see a lot of Yankees fans chiming in. I guess they are not as popular on TSPN as I thought.

NFL - Cowboys
NBA - Which ever team Chris Webber plays for
MLB - Cubs, Gaints
NCAA Football- Alcorn, Michigan, Viginia Tech
NCAA Basketball-Alcorn, Michigan, Georgetown

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
NFL - Cowboys
NBA - Root for the Texas Teams
MLB - Astros I guess
NCAA - Grambling, LSU, Florida State Football and anyone playing SU :D

NFL-Cowboys
MLB-Diamondbacks
NBA-Suns
NHL-Coyotes
NCAA-Sun Devils

and.....The Mighty Southern University Jaguars of Baton Rouge La.

NFL...Ravens,Cowboys
MLB.......Dodgers
NCAA.....Alcorn....Georgetown......Miss.St......UCLA.(everybody playing U of Memphis)
NBA.......Grizz

NFL: Steelers, Raiders
NBA: N.O. Hornets
MLB: The Cubbies
NCAA: SOUTHERN.........and whoever plays against LSU/Notre Dame/Dook....(Like my boy said on his blog...If Dook and the KKK played each other, I'm rooting for a scoreless tie!!!)

NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Philadelphia 76'ers
MLB - New York Yankees
NHL - New York Rangers
NCAA - Jackson State
NCAAF - Florida State, Oklahoma
NCAAB - Kentucky

I've always wanted to know how some of you are fans of these teams, and don't live in the same state or grew up where the team plays? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I just was wondering how all that happens.

Southern University by default in all sports they compete in.

NFL: Denver Broncos(favorite), New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers
NBA: Miami Heat, New Orleans Hornets
MLB: Atlanta Braves, New York Mets, Chicago Cubs
NCAAF: Miami Hurricanes, LSU
NCAAB: LSU, Duke

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
NFL-Saints and Steelers
NBA-Mavs and Pistons
Hockey-Red Wings and Stars
MLB-Tigers and Brewers...(Side note I wanna see Weeks get a Pennant)
NCAA Football-SOUTHERN, U of Michigan(BIG HOUSE FOOTBALL) and LSU.
NCAA Basketball UNC and Georgetown.

I've always wanted to know how some of you are fans of these teams, and don't live in the same state or grew up where the team plays? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I just was wondering how all that happens.
I was going to ask the same thing. I can kinna understand the college level thing....but, folks be from totally different cities, going for totally different Pro teams that have nothing to do with their own city/region/coast.

Now, I like Miami football, cuz for some reason I just like the fact that 1) when I was younger, I always wondered why every other team had either their school's name or the mascot on their helmet...and, Miami had a "U" on it. Took me awhile to figure it out (mystique, I guess) And, 2) it just seemed that every Sat. after coming in from little league, they were always on...and, while winding down, I'd always end up watching their games. Plus, the fact that UofH really wasn't kick'n much arse..and, they were just different from what everyone else liked. So, even during those probation years...they've stayed my favorite team.

:)

NFL - Raiders
NBA - Lakers
MLB - Dodgers
NHL - Kings.......when they had Gretzky
NCAA- Jackson State
NCAAF - Notre Dame, Miami
NCAAB - Memphis

For me...My affinity for the Cubs came with Andre Dawson and Ryne Sanberg and Mark Grace and a young Greg Maddux....My grandfather always watched the Cubs and Dodgers..and my dad watched the Cubs.

The Steelers and Raiders...my brother, father and I each at one time wore a Raiders letterman jacket with the matching ball cap. Man that jacket was sweet. My pops was a big Raiders fan...the Steelers came as I got into high school when Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd were on the D-Line.

Anyone who plays against LSU/Notre Dame/Dook...well that's self-explanatory.

And I always liked the Hornets, even when they had Kenny Gattison playing in Charlotte. Zo, Grandmama and the sweet-shooting Dell Curry

NFL- 49ers
NBA- Kings
MLB- 1. A's 2. Giants
College Football- 1. Cal 2. USC
College Basketball- The DUKIES (DUKE)

I could care less about other sports

Least Favorite Teams

NFL- Cowgirls
NBA- Mavericks, Rockets
MLB- Dodgers, Yankees, Astros
College Football- Teams that play against Cal or USC. If they are playing against each other I want Cal to win.
College Basketball- North Carolina

For me...My affinity for the Cubs came with Andre Dawson and Ryne Sanberg and Mark Grace and a young Greg Maddux....My grandfather always watched the Cubs and Dodgers..and my dad watched the Cubs.

The Steelers and Raiders...my brother, father and I each at one time wore a Raiders letterman jacket with the matching ball cap. Man that jacket was sweet. My pops was a big Raiders fan...the Steelers came as I got into high school when Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd were on the D-Line.

Anyone who plays against LSU/Notre Dame/Dook...well that's self-explanatory.

And I always liked the Hornets, even when they had Kenny Gattison playing in Charlotte. Zo, Grandmama and the sweet-shooting Dell Curry

Being from Mississippi we have no pro teams and F the PWC's. I grew up watching the Lakers and Celtics. Lakers since 1982 I remember everyone watching the games at my aunts house.

The Gators as I grew up and my friends were Florida State and Miami fans I just started pulling for them. Danny Wuffel send help:lmao::lmao:

Arkansas Basketball and UNLV growing up but not now. MayDay(Todd Day and Lee Mayberry) and UNLV need I say more.

The 49ers with jerry rice and taylor. Throw in roger craig and ronnie lott and I was sold.

Jackson State is a generation thing and the love has always been there.

I live in the Memphis area but the Grizz just have not grown on me. They need a star player. I follow the Titans because that's all we get and I can't stand the cowgirls.

I think people grow up pulling for teams they like. Some are bandwagon fans and jump from team to team but I have been a fan of the same teams since I was a kid.

Shaw...

growing up playing street football..I didn't want to emulate Walter Payton, Jerry Rice or even Tony Dorsett..

I wanted to play safety like Ronnie Lott and Jack Tatum and knock the crap out of somebody **sigh** the good ol days

My brother is hilarious..his wife's from miami and a die-hard dolphins and U-miami fan. He just comes out and say ain't nobody watchin no damned dolphins in this house...He asks his son, "Who our favorite football team?" His son replies, "The Raiders, dad." :):):):) just priceless

I've adopted the teams of the city I live in and actually have season tickets for the Suns (mid-week),and arizona state football,also went to game 1 of the 2001 world series (d-backs v. yanks) which was electric and became a fan. Also if you really want to see a true rabid fan,take in a NHL playoff hockey game. You'll be an instant fan.

NFL - Saints & Redskins
NBA - Wizards (was a Celtic fan until they drafted Jon Barry over Stanley Roberts)
MLB - (AL) Tigers, (NL) Dodgers
NHL - Red Wings
NCAA - SU, Brown, LSU

NICE

NFL- Falcons, Steelers
MLB- Braves
NBA- Hawks, Spurs (until the dynasty ends) Lakers- Before Shaq & Kobe
NCAA- Alabama State: Others- USC football, UCLA basketball, UGa, Albany State (parents alma mater)

Back