Your Favorite Prince track!

I can not pick one of his tracks as my favorite. There are too many of his songs from the early days (stuff before diamonds and pearls) that I consider masters of work.

Vinita said:
It is about cranial stimulation and satisfaction, W. ;)

oh, ok...I think I get it now. Y'all know I know absolutely NAYTHING about these sorts of things. :angel2: :shh: :goodbad: :read:

SU's Finest '93 said:
oh, ok...I think I get it now. Y'all know I know absolutely NAYTHING about these sorts of things. :angel2: :shh: :goodbad: :read:

EVERYONE, QUICKLY STAND AWAY FROM YOUR KEYBOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lightning is about to strike. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

northern tiger said:
EVERYONE, QUICKLY STAND AWAY FROM YOUR KEYBOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lightning is about to strike. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:emlaugh:

Now, what on earth did you mean by that post, nt? :look:

It's "Adore" hands down. Simply the greatest love song ever written. E-V-E-R. Ain't a woman alive that can resist it. :D

I think my favorite Prince eras were during the funk era (The Dirty Mind and Controversy Albums in particular) and during his mid-to-late 80s evolution period (Sign O' the Times may well be one of the greatest albums ever recorded. Anything rumored to have heavy Miles Davis collaboration is worthy of the distinction). :bowdown: Under the Cherry Moon and Lovesexy are two of the most slept-on albums from that era.

Of his recent work The Rainbow Children (jazz/ funk fusion) is very good. He also has a recent all-jazz album called Xpectation which is wonderfully out of the box.

NASTYNUPE said:
Prince had a song out called Sister. What was that one all about????

:lmao:

Ask some of these from the backwoods of the South white folks about that one. I bet they know. :nod2:

What ya'll know about "AMERICA"

Another timeless Prince jam that speaks volumes about this country.

HBCUs said:
It's "Adore" hands down. Simply the greatest love song ever written. E-V-E-R. Ain't a woman alive that can resist it. :D

Say that again. Man you can charm the panties off a nun with that song. :D

Co-Sign

I think The Vault was a slept on CD as well. I like all of the tracks on that cd. I figured out my favorite Prince slow jam...it's I Hate U.

HBCUs said:
Of his recent work The Rainbow Children (jazz/ funk fusion) is very good. He also has a recent all-jazz album called Xpectation which is wonderfully out of the box.

Alphabet City
Diamonds and Pearls
Get Off
When Doves Cry
Darling Nikki
Do Me Baby
My name is prince
Grand Slam
You got the look
Sign of the Times

Impossible to pick just one...just a few

I like the mid tempo grooves the best.

Anotherloverholenyohead
Erotic City
Somebody's Somebody
Money Don't matter
The Beatuful Ones
Darling Nikki|
She's Always in my hair
Do Me Baby
Adore
And God Created Woman
Right Back Here in My Arms
Anna Stesia

Re: Impossible to pick just one...just a few

I'm with HBCU's, with all the great songs that Prince has put down, "Adore" is the one. When love is too weak to define what you mean to me, I got some serious feelings for you.

After Adore:

Scandalous
Beautiful Ones
Purple Rain
Nothing Compares to You
When Doves Cry

Damn near everything he ever put out. How can you not love his music. And his concerts!!!

Robber said:
Damn near everything he ever put out. How can you not love his music. And his concerts!!!

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
Still Waiting
Can't Make U Love Me
Insatiable
La, La La Means Eye Love You
Betcha By Golly Wow
Hot Thing
Cream
How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore
Don't Talk 2 Strangers
Sexy Dancer
PartyUp
I Feel For You
Raspberry Beret

cat daddy said:
Did anyone see his performance on the NAACP Image Awards?

I loved it. He is the greatest!!!

LOL, I was :jump: when he took the stage! I ended up callin' folks all across the country to make sure they saw the GREATEST OF ALL TIME work. Dude played the guitar, the electric bass, and the piano in one set. :bowdown:

The appearances by the Time and Shelia E were icing on the cake.

I'm happy that Prince is finally getting his due. I've always maintained that if a white dude played 27 instruments and wrote and composed original music every year that he'd be considered a genius..... a modern-day Mozart. In spite of his considerable popularity, Prince has never quite received full credit for his talent-- even amongst black folks.

It's kinda sweet how many of the same folks who criticized Prince for his eccentrism 10-15 years ago are kissing his arse for being his own man now.

HBCUs said:
LOL, I was :jump: when he took the stage! I ended up callin' folks all across the country to make sure they saw the GREATEST OF ALL TIME work. Dude played the guitar, the electric bass, and the piano in one set. :bowdown:

I'm happy that Prince is finally getting his due. I've always maintained that if a white dude played 27 instruments and wrote and composed original music every year that he'd be considered a genius..... a modern-day Mozart. In spite of his considerable popularity, Prince has never quite received full credit for his talent-- even amongst black folks.

It's kinda sweet how many of the same folks who criticized Prince for his eccentrism 10-15 years ago are kissing his arse for being his own man now.

You are defintely right. My frats and I were talking about this at one time. If you listen to Prince songs all of them are different but YET.. they still have his sound. Not easy to do. He is a true musical genious. Writing HIT songs is second nature for him. Not only in his music, but his lyrics as well.

HBCUs said:

I would say especially amongst black folks. Even today I hear blacks down play his talent.

No other musician/singer/entertainer was pumping hits in the late 70's early 80's is still pumping the hits.

cat daddy said:
Did anyone see his performance on the NAACP Image Awards?

I loved it. He is the greatest!!!
I watched it. :nod: :tup:

Prince was off the hook!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I don't usually loose control often but,Prince had me up and dancing in my living room. I absolutely followed and understood what he was tryin' to say in his musical selections. He was paying tribute to the Legendary Artist that came before him.
I loved that!!!!

To quote another musical legend,...Eric Clapton,..."Music is safe as long as that guy is around" :tup: :tup: :tup:

cat daddy said:
I would say especially amongst black folks. Even today I hear blacks down play his talent.

No other musician/singer/entertainer was pumping hits in the late 70's early 80's is still pumping the hits.
:look: I don't know,.....there are a few I can think of.

HBCUs said:
I'm happy that Prince is finally getting his due. In spite of his considerable popularity, Prince has never quite received full credit for his talent-- even amongst black folks.

He's getting his due, late but he's getting it. He recently was installed in the Rock & Roll H of F remember and now this Vanguard award from NAACP. I'm sure others (Grammys, American Music, Billboard) will break out Lifetime Achievement awards in the next few years. :headphone

Our folks have always been slow to show appreciation of our music. Just pick a genre (jazz, reggae, blues) and you'll see more of the other folks at the concerts than us. Not to mention rock, see how many of us that you know can name one Jimi Hendrix song. :lol:

Back