Your favorite corner store snacks

KennyReno

Prisoner Of The State
Alright SWAC Pagers, yet another question for y'all. The topic of favorite old-school music was the inspiration for this thread. While jamming the classics that we know and love so much, what snacks do you remember getting from the corner store back in the day, and do you still get them now or not? The ones that I loved were those good ole apple Jolly Ranchers (Or as we called them "Apple Sticks"). Along with some Now And Laters, peppermint stick pickles, those big, huge, 4 foot long freeze pops, generic brand chips, and super bubble gum. Do you remeber your favorites? Let the board know how you got your snack on back in the day.

Chick-O-Sticks

Jays Cheddar Cheese Chips

Faygo Redpop

Jolly Ranchers (Wine Candy)

Better Made HOTS! and a pickle

Fun Dip

Tropical Fruit and Thriller Now and Laters

Slim Jims (or what we called them...Beef Sticks)

<small>Shoot! I'm gettin' hungry, dawg!</small>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Funny thing about Chick-O-Sticks. Cause I loved to see those light-skinned girls (before we called them red bones) get about 5 or six of them and watching them eat them was a trip.
Speaking of Red Hots, how bout Lemonheads, Alexander The Grape, Cherry Clan, the candy necklace, Candy cigarrettes, and the original Mars Bar line And Hershey: When they were the truth?
And who remembers the sno-cone man, and if you had one, an ice cream man?

The Jawbreakers from back in the day were real JAWBERAKERS. They also made good BB's when you ran out of them

JAWBREAKERS......
JAWBREAKERS......

JAWBREAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the country store before you hit the dirt road to the campus of Alcorn. They sold everything. They had flat can of sardines, crackers, cheese, souse meat and so forth. That was the only great thing about attending a game at Alcorn.

Then they allowed JSU to fool them to come to Jackson every year.

lol@MD
:lol:

Candy cigarettes (why did they make those? :confused: )
Candy necklace (when u think about it, that's real nasty)
Animal crackers (came in that lil cool red box with the string on it)

Mine were:
dill pickles (the big fat ones)
frozen cups aka huck-a-bucs (this one is for my New Orleans people)
straw candy

Pixi Sticks (love 'em)

Pop Rocks (those things were wild!! popping in your mouth)

David's Sunflower Seeds (still love those today)

Chiclets Gum (in the bag, not the box)

My corner store was 7-11 so my main item was:

Big Gulp Banana Slurpee ;)

I always bought now & laters candy, sugar daddy's and sugar babies, dixie cups, pickles, fried pig tails, pickled pig's feet and lips, and bubble gum (that super bubble brand in all flavors, especially the green apple....it always turned your tongue green.)

My favorites were....

Smarties
Ring pops
Bazooka Bubblegum
Gummi Bears, worms

Now I'm getting hungry!! *runs out to the corner store* :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Mighty Dog
Remember the country store before you hit the dirt road to the campus of Alcorn. They sold everything. They had flat can of sardines, crackers, cheese, souse meat and so forth. That was the only great thing about attending a game at Alcorn.

Then they allowed JSU to fool them to come to Jackson every year.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sour Apple Now and Laters

Any kind of slurpee from 7-11

Bubble gum cigs

Cotton Candy in a bag

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by saniyya
Pixi Sticks (love 'em)

Pop Rocks (those things were wild!! popping in your mouth)

David's Sunflower Seeds (still love those today)

Chiclets Gum (in the bag, not the box)

My corner store was 7-11 so my main item was:

Big Gulp Banana Slurpee ;)

You had it good coming up.:D

Originally posted by evilken21
Funny thing about Chick-O-Sticks. Cause I loved to see those light-skinned girls (before we called them red bones) get about 5 or six of them and watching them eat them was a trip.

There is this one light-skinned (high yella) girl that I know who gets Vanilla Cokes instead of Chick-O-Sticks!

*snicker*

Do you all remember the cakes called rock n rolls, or stage planks? They taste like ginger bread but they were hard with pink frosting. They were soooo good. jolly ranchers, Pickles with candy stuck in the center, those big lemon cookies with cheese or rag bologna. I am from the old, old school so some of you might not remember some of this stuff. MD know what I am talking about.

SHUT UP, SOGgy! I LIKE Vanilla Coke! I'm mad as hell right now because I AIN'T drinking one!

JSUII, I remember Jackson's Jumble lemon cookies ... I think I might mosey up to Min-YARD's and get me some now! I remember those rock n rolls, too. They were good!

The only time I liked pickles was when I was pregnant. Any other time, I cannot stand them!

Wheeeeeeeeeewwwww wee....those rock n rolls are the bomb diggitty. Y'all better ask somebody. I still eat those whenever I can find them.

For The Grambling People

Mr. Holland's grocery store...right across the street from Kappalicious's famous grandfather's house :) :) :)

Holsom Honey Buns
Now n Laters(we called em kisses)
Chic-O-Sticks
Faygo pops
Pickled pigs feet
Pickles
Those 25c bag of fire chips
Jolly Ranchers
Red Hots
Delaware Punch
Jungle Juice
Those long pencils with the big azz eraser heads

my memaw used to buy us those daddyo's and small peanut butter candies. i know yall remember mixing the red kool aid with sugar and eating it off ya fingers. we used to take our now n laters and stick them in the middle of the pickles.

Back