Your Favorite Air McNair Memory or clips

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Your Favorite Air McNair Memory

I remember the opening game on the 1994 season against Steve McNair at Robinson Stadium. One of the highest scoring games that I have ever witnessed. Steve refused to let Grambling beat him in his senior year at Alcorn. Final score GSU 62 Steve McNair (Alcorn St) :lol: 56

That place was packed that night...

I was there also. Man that was one of the best games I've witnessed. I was also there for the soulbowl his senior year. Great games and we have truly lost a great one. I'm still shocked and saddened that he is no long with us. He's now in Omega Chapter. Prayers up to his family and the Alcorn family.:(:(:(:(:(:(

I remember the opening game on the 1994 season against Steve McNair at Robinson Stadium. One of the highest scoring games that I have ever witnessed. Steve refused to let Grambling beat him in his senior year at Alcorn. Final score GSU 62 Steve McNair (Alcorn St) :lol: 56

That place was packed that night...
This was the BEST game I have ever witnessed in person. McNair vs Nord... When you thought no way... McNair made a way. My younger brother was a ball boy that year, and he always talked about being on the sideline seeing McNair running for his life towards him, stopping on a dime directly in front of him, and then launching the ball off his back foot for a 50+ yard TD. We couldn't stop talking about that game.

This game was one of the moments that helped to keep the SWAC tradition going in my family. I only wish I was old enough during that time to be able to travel to games to see all the greatness.

My favorite memory was every time I saw him play.College or Pro. RIP

4th quarter of the Superbowl....he almost willed the Titans to win!!!!!!!

The second half...when his shirt was untucked. That dude played a helluva a game.

I can go back to lot of his NFL games and to see him make a play out of nothing was special.

My favorite memory was every time I saw him play.College or Pro. RIP

co-sign.

Knowing he was a cool cat from meeting him...and, from others that knew him better, an even cooler person...and, the fact that he was SWAC was good enough for me.

He and Eddie George were the main reasons I hated to see the Oilers leave. Eddie, because he was big time from OSU. And, McNair, cuz it felt good to have a celebrated SWAC talent heading the team. Loved the guys attitude towards the game. And, it was covered in thick country...which I liked to.

RIP, Steve.

I saw every home game Mac played at Alcorn. A ton of great memories. Good guy, friendly, country, and could absolutely play football. Beating Jackson state and Southern on the reservation. Seeing the massive crowd, a stadium record show up for his last soul bowl in Jackson and the diversity of the crowd, as a lot of white football fans, showed up with their sons to see what the most dynamic qb in the game looked like.

We love you Mac and we miss you.

Yeah, my senior year in HS.....I remember seeing him play his last game against JSU...Man standing room only...We had to sit in the aisle near Alcorn's tubas......sooooooooo damn packed..those where the days......that truly was a historic day in MS.....RIP McNair...

Steve played in many great games but to me his last game in Memorial was something else. There wasn't a seat in the house. JSU was giving him trouble in the first half and by boy #9 Quincy Coleman gave Steve a hard hit and injured him. You just knew he was finished. He came back out an lit us up all on a bad wheel. Hated it then but I was in the house that night and that was one of the best games ever in Memorial.

the lasting memory i will always have about McNair is how he torched us in Dallas his freshman year..I knew then he would be a special football player.

His senior season was somethin i wont forget...i have a few of his games on tape..especially the one against SU when he hit that heisman pose:)

i wanted him to win the Heisman over Salaam

His senior season was somethin i wont forget...i have a few of his games on tape..especially the one against SU when he hit that heisman pose:)
Can I please get a copy of that tape. I will pay you whatever you want.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

The playoff game against Youngstown State, how he outshined the other 21 players on the field even in a losing effort I think he had close to 600 yards in offense in that game.

And to think, he played that game with a bad hamstring. He was forcd to stay in the pocket the entire game.

Mannnnn if that is the game I think your talking about it was my second year in Gram. That game was hyped and those last few second of the game was OFF THE CHAIN!! Robinson was ROCKING... Pure shootout that night

I was not there but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was listening to it on the radio. A lot of folx in my family were down there.

I guess my favorite McNair moment in person was in 1993 when Grambling came to Alcorn. Alcorn entered the 4th quarter down 21-3. Most people had left the stadium but McNair reeled of 3 TDs in the 4th to secure the victory with only seconds left.

My fave McNair moment on TV was when he kicked SU's azz his senior year.

I have no favorite moments from JSU-Alcorn games. McNair entered Alcorn the same time I entered JSU. Needless to say, JSU never beat Alcorn when I was in college. I was so glad when he graduated.

His last 2 games against Gram were most memorable to me. Everybody talked about the shootout at Gram in '94, but the '95 game was unreal. I pulled a doubleheader that day. Went by myself. JSU was playing Howard at 7. Gram lead 24-3 in final seconds of the 3rd qtr. I said my goodbyes to my Alcorn friends and walked around to exit on the visitors side. Before I could exit Steve hit big Hinton for a long TD pass. I sat on Gram's side for the 4th. Steve did his thing and brought Alcorn back. Alcorn won 25-24 on a botched PAT they converted into 2 points. Grams TE fumbled after a long catch and run to seal it.

Then I broke the sound barrier getting back to Jackson.

That was the ONLY time the NFL got a taste of the real "Air" McNair. Even tho he had a successful career, I think he was mishandled during the first part of it. If those guys thought Vick as tough......

I was at Superbowl party in ATL for this game. (was this SB played in ATL? ) well anyway, on that last play,I told everybody in the room (since they had not seen his magic) what was about to happen. The only thing I said wrong was that the Titans was gonna win. But I told them that they were gonna snap the ball and send the kitchen sink at Steve but that he was gonna make those defenders look silly and throw the game winning TD. The ball game up one yard short. :(

Imma have to go home (yes, I am at work... :( ) and watch the first Capital City Classic tonite. I only watch the first half tho everytime I watch it... lol

If I'm not mistaken, I think McNair was the only Alcorn QB to never lose to JSU in four seasons. The four straight JSU losses and who caused it is what I remember most.

That was the ONLY time the NFL got a taste of the real "Air" McNair. Even tho he had a successful career, I think he was mishandled during the first part of it. If those guys thought Vick as tough......

I agree. Fisher wouldnt unleash McNair.

So many, it's hard to pick one. I came from Chicago in '94 to attend the JSU/ASU. That was the closet I'd seen to a SWAC football game that actually seemed like a real college football game (I think JSU/su games in Jackson are as good as it gets). Nobody was walking around socializing trying to be seen. Everybody was actually watching the game. Straight standing room only.

Back