Your expectations

Murker

Football time is here folks!!!

Trying to get a feel for yawls expectations for your team and other teams in your division!!!

I am southern jaguar fan through and through. With the changes we went through this season I am not sure about a championship yet. As a Jaguar Fan I want them to run through everybody this season 12-0 SWAC championship!!!! But trying to look at it as just a fan of football all together with the changes with coaching, players and the playbook I can’t help but wonder will southern university get back to that dominating form!!!! With that said I think southern will have a decent year. It will take them a couple of games to adjust to the new play calling Mitchell has installed and for the team to really get in a groove an buy into what Mitchell is doing with the program at southern. Everything I am hearing and seeing with the changes Mitchell have done with the program so far are excellent. Getting rid of players not committed!!!! Bring in 34 quality recruits within a 2-3 week period!!! Nice!! Making visits around Louisiana and Texas explaining to the jaguar nation how he will return southern university football back to that elite form etc. etc. all may look well going up to and during football camp but if it doesn’t transfer over to Saturday Nights it won't matter!!!
With all that said I am seeing a 9-2 (8-1) record for my boys at southern!!!! I really do hope they prove me wrong an go 12-0 though!!! I do expect them to run the table next year for sure!!! don’t quote me on that though!!!:lol:

There is a lot of parity in the SWAC now, more so in the western division. For my rivals up north they will continue to be who they are.. GRAMBLING!!!! 8-3(7-2) record.

PVAM has proving to me that they are no longer the PV of old!!! Since 2006 PV has been on the up and up. I saw them beat my boys in 06 & 08 in Houston and 09 in Baton Rouge:(:(:(:(. I am glad to see PV make the advancement they have made the last 4 years (not at the expense of my jaguars of course) I think they will prove again that they are for real!!! 10-1(9-0) swac champions and black national football champions!!!!
As long as they kept Coach Frazier around for a couple of years, I don’t see PV going any were soon but up!!!!

TSU and ARK yawl are not there Yet!!! But getting closer!!!!

What are yawls expectations!!!
I know everyone wants to go 12-0 but try not to look at it from just as a fan of your own school or team. I know it's hard sometimes believe me!!!!

I expect My Gsu Tigers to be solid. Not offensively spectacular but a nice rushing attack and shots downfield. Warren is a big time rb. Our OL is adjusting to a new coach so I expect some mistakes early. If this group can grasp what Coach Wagner is trying to teach, the offense can do some thangs.
I expect our Dfense to be the foundation of our squad. Anthony has help on the line to take away the double teams away this year.

My expectations is maybe a 2 loss season with a trip to Bham for my Gsu Tigers.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I have yall losing to PVAM. If yall beat them it will come down to the bayou classic as always. (well most of the time)

I have yall losing to PVAM. If yall beat them it will come down to the bayou classic as always. (well most of the time)

Pv is one of my maybe losses. It would be different if We got kilt in the cotton bowl last year. I like Our team against Pv this year. We lost contain against Kj Black and we paid for it.
I think things will be different this season in the cotton bowl.

Tech will be a tough game.

Honestly I've got A&M at 9-3 (7-2)...

Sep 04 at Tennessee State W - 1st year coach, program rebuilding
Sep 11 Central State W - 3rd string gets to play in this one
Sep 18 at Texas Southern L - First time Jones faces Cole Jr.
Sep 25 Southern W - Welcome to the SWAC, Stumpy!
Oct 02 Grambling State L - Jones is 0-3 against Broadway
Oct 09 at Jackson State W - Last chance to kick Comegy on his way out
Oct 16 at Arkansas-Pine Bluff W - Beat them handily last season
Oct 23 OPEN
Oct 30 Alabama State (BHM) W - Continued domination of the Hornets
Nov 06 Alcorn State W - Clinch Eastern Division
Nov 13 at Mississippi Valley W - This one might get ugly
Nov 20 Prairie View A&M L - Jones 0-5 against Frazier the last 4 yr.
Nov 27 SCG (Prairie View) W - Jones improves to 2-4 in SCG!

I have SU going 8-3 (5-3)

Losses to: at Alabama A&M (we never seem to win in Huntsville)
vs Texas Southern
at Prairie View A&M

I have SU going 8-3 (5-3)

Losses to: at Alabama A&M (we never seem to win in Huntsville)
vs Texas Southern
at Prairie View A&M

Won in Huntsville in 04, and 06 I forgot what happened but I know a ref made a crazy call. But SU is going to beat PVU.

For real. Dont know who those folks are, pretending to be Jags :lol: .

So I am pretending because I predict PV to win the game? They have experience, stability, and talent. I think our team's inexperience is going to cost us in that game.

Well not to sound cocky, but i'm a Gramblinite and we always expect to win championships and it's no different this season, we aren't new to this.:D

So I am pretending because I predict PV to win the game? They have experience, stability, and talent. I think our team's inexperience is going to cost us in that game.

The PV game is later in the season! SU should have a decent record coming into that game but like I tell people, the loser of the Labor Day Classic will put themselves in a hole anyway.

If you saw the SU/PV game from last season, you would know SU had way more talent than PV. Pete nem just got out coached lol. SU only lost B Lee, Stewart, and Matthews. This reminds me on the 03 season, when SU lost all of its starting WR's from the 02 season(Micheal Hayes and company) and the new guys were better than them as a whole, because they didnt force the ball to one of them like they did Hayes or like they did Stewart last season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If you saw the SU/PV game from last season, you would know SU had way more talent than PV. Pete nem just got out coached lol. SU only lost B Lee, Stewart, and Matthews. This reminds me on the 03 season, when SU lost all of its starting WR's from the 02 season(Micheal Hayes and company) and the new guys were better than them as a whole, because they didnt force the ball to one of them like they did Hayes or like they did Stewart last season.

Yes we did have more talent than PV, but like you said we were just out coached and made mistakes at the wrong time, missed field goal and the fumble by stewart!!! No doubt looking at the roster SU has now, they have the potential to win it all. My thoughts are will what mitchell has installed during the off season transfer over to game night!!!! no doubt if SU gets off to a good start (3-0 or 4-0) i dont see no one beating them!!!! that will have proving to me that they have really brought into what stump has develop in the program over the last 7 or so months

Yes we did have more talent than PV, but like you said we were just out coached and made mistakes at the wrong time, missed field goal and the fumble by stewart!!! No doubt looking at the roster SU has now, they have the potential to win it all. My thoughts are will what mitchell has installed during the off season transfer over to game night!!!! no doubt if SU gets off to a good start (3-0 or 4-0) i dont see no one beating them!!!! that will have proving to me that they have really brought into what stump has develop in the program over the last 7 or so months

:read: :read: :read: :read:

Football time is here folks!!! Trying to get a feel for yawls expectations for your team and other teams in your division!!! What are yawls expectations!!!

Honestly, making predictions is fine for killing time but there's not much value in the prediction business unless people just like to argue until the teams begin playing games. I hope the Stump and the Jags goal right now is to focus on being 1-0 after the MEAC/SWAC Classic in Orlando. I'm going to focus on how much the team develops from week to week and not sweat the other stuff.

Stump has been putting HIGH expectations on the players and I think I understand why he wants his team to be confident each week when they go out on the field. It's a young team with not a lot of depth. They will need to focus on themselves and discover what it is they do best this year. The quarterback is new and will need a strong rushing attack to slow the rush down and open the passing game. The rushing game will help the passing game and vice versa. Enjoy the 2010 version of the Southern U. football.

Here's what teams in the SWAC fear most: if this young SU team were to win the SWAC Championship it's first year under a new coach, the Jaguars could dominate for years to come. But whose to say what will happen. That's why predictions aren't worth a whole lot.

just trying to spark conversation that's all!! need something to hold me down until the season gets here.

You didn't answer my question though.

SU had more talent? You sure? You base everything on one game on a sloppy field while I saw both teams play multiple times from field level....

Su 2009 would not hold a candle to any of the SU teams of the 90s as they had depth and talent, even the LSU transfers would not crack the rotation....that being said..

Take away Stewart and BLee from 2009 and are you still confident with your team entering last year? Some of those guys I know straight up weren't recruited by PV but they start at SU...come on...

Just by looking at SU against TSU and Grambling, you were more talented than them?

I expect us to be competitive and more disciplined. I feel we will probably be an underdog in most of our games. Our biggest question is who will play quarterback and running back. If we can get consistent quarterback play we will be dangerous, because we have 4 talented receivers in Cameron Russ, Brandon Stargell, Paul Cox, and Chris Williams.

I got the Jags going 7-4 (5-4)
He'll win the games that they are suppose to win, but the road games and the heavy hitters in the West will be a test for us young Jags,

I expect my offense to improve by 21 points a game.
That is the only thing I'm interested in.:lecture:
No further excuses will be accepted. :smh:

Back