Young Democrats of Georgia Convention

JSU*Toi

The 2004 YDG State Convention will be April 2-4 at Renaissance Pineisle Resort at Lake Lanier Islands, Gainesville, Georgia

Lt. Gov. Mark Taylor and Andy Young to speak at YDG Convention!

1. Register for convention!

Registration for convention for YDs (under 36) is only $10. This will go toward the cost of food and meeting space for the convention. This is a small price to pay for all that you will get over the weekend. Keep in mind that YDG credential fees are also due in order to vote for officers. This fee is $10 for students and $15 for non-students. So your total cost to attend convention would be $20 if you are a student and $25 if you are not a student. It is only your $10 registration fee that you should send now with your registration information, you can pay the credentialing fee at convention.

I encourage you to register today so that we help Hall County logistically plan for the weekend. You can register by visiting: http://www.halldemocrats.org/yd/. If you have any questions about the logistics of convention please contact Shavonda Lewis (shavondalewis@hotmail.com or 478.953.3353) or Brittany Martin
(bmartin1483@hotmail.com or 229.942.7223).

JSU*Toi said:
The 2004 YDG State Convention will be April 2-4 at Renaissance Pineisle Resort at Lake Lanier Islands, Gainesville, Georgia

Lt. Gov. Mark Taylor and Andy Young to speak at YDG Convention!

1. Register for convention!

Registration for convention for YDs (under 36) is only $10. This will go toward the cost of food and meeting space for the convention. This is a small price to pay for all that you will get over the weekend. Keep in mind that YDG credential fees are also due in order to vote for officers. This fee is $10 for students and $15 for non-students. So your total cost to attend convention would be $20 if you are a student and $25 if you are not a student. It is only your $10 registration fee that you should send now with your registration information, you can pay the credentialing fee at convention.

I encourage you to register today so that we help Hall County logistically plan for the weekend. You can register by visiting: http://www.halldemocrats.org/yd/. If you have any questions about the logistics of convention please contact Shavonda Lewis (shavondalewis@hotmail.com or 478.953.3353) or Brittany Martin
(bmartin1483@hotmail.com or 229.942.7223).

Is Zell Miller going to be a keynote speaker?! If so, I'm in! :what:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TSU/BAMA said:
Bartram, please pardon my ignorance, but who is Zell Miller???

Former governor of Georgia (during the beginning of Georgia's economic development/population growth boom years 80s I believe) who's one of only a few sane democrats left that's not a flaming left-wing liberal. He's like a "Sam Nunn democrat"; a conservative dem big on national defense, etc. (Sam Nunn was a long time senator of Georgia that was primarily responsible for or continued to help support bringing billions in government/defense and everything else dollars to Georgia,, like the King's Bay submarine base, keeping Ft Stewart, Ft Gordon, Warner Robins AFB off the base closure list in the early days, etc) who was at the same time one of the early proponents of removing the rebel flag from the Georgia flag, etc. I'd say he was the governor (along with Jimmy Carter) that really help separate Georgia from the rest of the pack in terms of business-friendly environment, bringing jobs to the state, working with Atlanta to set the stage for winning the olympics, helping Georgia burry its/the south's past image problems (at least better than most other southern states save for NC and Florida) on and on.

(oh lord, where's EB?,,,, anytime i have a Georgia/Atlanta take, this guy piles on like playing "kill the man with the ball". here he comes,,,, yeah, I know EB,,, "no he wasn't~",, "no he didn't~",, "well, no actually~",, :uhoh: )

Zig-Zag Zell has lived up true to his name and shown his true colors in his term as senator. He has turned his back on the people and the party who supported and elected him. He's clearly a Republican now, who's masquerading as a Democrat. Even down to publicly endorsing, supporting, and campaigning for Bush.

mighty hornet said:
Zig-Zag Zell has lived up true to his name and shown his true colors in his term as senator. He has turned his back on the people and the party who supported and elected him. He's clearly a Republican now, who's masquerading as a Democrat. Even down to publicly endorsing, supporting, and campaigning for Bush.

:lmao:

Zig-Zag whatever. I wish Alabama had a ZZZ that could help create an environment to bring jobs and population growth and help get rid of ridiculous Alabama icons that keep the image of this state at the bottom of the barrel.

I remember, to this day, Zell Miller on Larry King's show trying to explain to this old white lady from Georgia why Georgia needed to get rid of the rebel flag. The lady was so LIVID at Zell Miller for that,, I could hear her voice trembling with shear hatrid and disgust/disdain for Zell Miller for being in favor of getting rid of the confederate flag. I remember her voice to this day and remember thinking to myself,,,, gee, these people are really passionate about this flag issue. I thought the lady was going to flat have a heart attack or stroke on the phone she sounded so mad.

Yeah, he's not so stupid as to become a lemming of the left/blacks. I don't blame him for that. the guy is white and from the seg south generation for crying out loud who at least adapted to help move the state of Georgia as a whole forward,, unlike the morons in the state of Alabama (save for Siegleman and Folsom Jr,, both (conservative) dems but who's primary focus was trying to bring jobs and economic development to Alabama.) who defiantly cow-tow to the anti-everything, closed society, "the south shall rise again", "just say no", "we fine the way we are" Alabama native hardliners who want to keep things as they were and not see the state make any progress, grow and attrack people from outside the state.

As for supporting Bush,, he supports Bush on essential issues, not 100%. Defending the country, having some kind of religious foundation in this country (which I blast Alabama morons for focusing on too much, but there's nothing inherently wrong with that,,, i just think in Alabama religion is used as an excuse too much and basically to capitalize on the general ignorance of a traditionally uneducated populace. like some of these people at work-black-who's church indoctrinates them that they should not vote and be involved in politics. :rolleyes: when i heard a lady-older-tell me this about her and her church,,, i was stunned. i just couldn't believe this,, in Alabama what with our history on blacks voting, but this is another thread. :topic: ), having some common core descency and moral compass is not a zig-zag to me,, that's just common sense. The reason he supports Bush is because the democratic party gives him no other choice. The people that the dems are pushing/endorsing are too far left and taken over by the left wing of the party that have little to nothing in common with the bulk of southerners (other than blacks of coarse).

I mean,, all this stupid non-sense like environmental activist extremism, gay marriage, can't say prayers at football games, can't say the pledge of alliegence in classrooms, must allow gay scout masters or else the boy scouts will be suide, can't have ten commandments on display, can't wear religious symbols, can burn the flag, can pee on the bible and call it art, can smear fecal matter on a cross and call it art, being able to own a gun and carry it or drive around with it without all kinds of red tape to do so,, etc,, this is just ridiculous mess that almost any dem (in the south at least,, even the most liberal of you on here I would think would not agree with this mess.) can disagree with moron ultra-leftwinger dems on and agree with Bush on in combatting. There just basic stuff that ALL southerners, rather republican or dem, generally agree on. On these issues I think is where he agrees with Bush and not the dems. (again,,,, not most blacks. I'd say that traditional southern black dems are neutral on stuff like this at best/worst and more concerned with racial issues/equality/equal access.)

quote: "BUT I am up for re-election" well,,, good luck. even though we disagree on a lot politically, the system has to have the extremes to cancel each other so hopefully out of that will come reasonable political solutions somewhere in the center. (right of center. :winkgrin: )

ummm Bartram,
the nickname Zig Zag was attached to Zell years ago when he would waffle back and forth on issues. His new found "conservatism" in the Senate is just the lastest for Zig Zag. When he was making you so proud on Larry King that day, did you also consider him a "lem of the left/blacks" at that time too, cause I'm sure you would agree that the right/whites" weren't too happy with that stand?

As for supporting Bush,, he supports Bush on essential issues, not 100%
Dude, Miller supports Bush. Period. I'm not gauging what percentage of him supports Bush, but Zell has publicly stated that he supports Bush (even before the Democratic nominee was settled) and will campaign on behalf of Bush.

Bartram,

Please don't do Sam Nunn a great disgrace and cheapen him by comparing him with Zell Miller. Overall there is no comparison.

Toia,

guess I ain't young no mo. :( Shame I can't vote for ya....

Back