You Know You're At A Black College Football Game When ...

Tara

Administrator
1. There is a super fan that has "special" credentials to be on the
field yelling at the players.

2. The referees tell the bands to stop playing or risk their team getting a penalty

3. Members of the football team get crunk to a song that the band is playing and start dancing on the sideline.

4. The band is dancing the whole game.

5. The band doesn't care about the game, just the band that is sitting across from them.

6. Your band plays "I'm So Glad..." after touchdowns

7. People don't go for the game, they go to find a significant other so the person next to you is macking the whole game and you can hardly hear the announcer for the game.

8. The opposing band marches in the game after the game starts to make a big splash and they are playing a power song too so the whole game stops to see the band march in.

9. People that have a "perception" of being important wear suits/ties to the game.

10. You have people that think others are impressed because they sit with the President not realizing that they are not having any fun whatsoever....

11. It takes at least 20 efforts to get the wave completed at least once.

12. There's a section that's considered the "old school" section.

13. The university queen and her court has to walk around the stadium waving at the crowd which for the most part isn't paying them any attention....

14. Someone will always sit in a seat they know they didn't pay for (usually between the 40's) and expects you to sit somewhere else.

15. Homecoming is a dressy affair.

16. People wear PWC's apparel but won't buy a $30.00 sweatshirt from their HBCU....

17. People come back from the concession stand talking about they got the "hook up" knowing perfectly well they paid full price for everything they purchased.

18. Cops are too busy watching the game and the ladies to break up any fights that may start.

19. 12 majorettes will take up 2 whole rows of seats........

20. That bad "weed" smell .....

21. The frats usually get into fights with each other and the thugs in the stadium.

22. People wear the straw hats that have the school's name on it.

23. At homecoming the parade last 3 to 4 hrs.

24. You can lose every game but homecoming is the make/break game for most teams. You betta win HC or the head coach is on the hot seat.

25. The homecoming half time show is the longest of the year because everybody who is somewhat important wants to talk.

26. The "competition" last 5 quarters instead of 4, even though the game is not tied.

27. There are more people outside the stadium than inside.

28. Both teams don't have a decent kicker.

29. The guy next to you ask before the start of the homecoming game, who are we playing today?

30. 1/3 of the crowd arrives in the second quarter

31. 2/3 of the crowd leaves after halftime

32. If the game you're attending is called a "Classic."

33. You realize your team doesn't have a corporate sponsor

34. Most of the alumni are trying to find away to get in the game free. :D

35. The local news cameraman is taking video of the cheerleader's butts.

36. The band is playing anything by Cameo, EWF, or Michael Jackson when he was still black.

37. One of the scoreboard lights, usually a different one, is out every single game.

38. There is fish sold in the stadium. There are bootleg t-shirt &
cassette/CD vendors everywhere.

40. Someone is selling incense and perfume oils

41. The never ending parade of people that continuously circles around the field through out the entire game blocking the view of those unfortunate enough to have the lower level seats.

42. There is a president/chancellor on the field talking about something or someone you never heard of, or could care less about.

43. Ten people are sharing a $2.00 program.

44. There is a strong smell of burning flesh hanging over the field with a hint of barbeque sauce mingled in.

45. The press box has no food but the president/chancellor's box has catered meals.

46. Someone is wearing a LEATHER SUIT in their school colors NO MATTER HOW HOT it is !!

47. The band has an announcer talking over the music and the introduction is longer than the performance.

48. The Mascots are actually fighting.

49. Someone will have on a starched down white outfit for homecoming EVEN IF IT RAINS!!!

50. The Alumni, Band, Sorors, Frats, etc., are raffling something.

51. There is a high school band day!

52. The Boy Scouts who are SUPPOSED to help you find your seats are at the top of the stadium spitting on people below.

53. Turkey legs and necks are on the concession stand menu.

54. Hot sausages are really HOT!!

55. There is a separate charge for a cup of ice!

56. You probably have to settle for the seat next to where you are supposed to sit.

57. There's someone dressed like a pimp wearing a brim, cape, sun-glasses and stack-heeled shoes.

58. Someone always fall down the steps.

59. You have to arrive two hours early to get a"good" seat at homecoming (or designate friends to hold 'bout 3-5 seats)

60. You must bring food to the game. (Bojangles has to be sold out every Homecoming by 11am!)

And finally, ....

61. The vendors are selling "thongs" with your team logo on it! :D

62. It's halftime and no one has left their seats.

63. The person beside you is sipping on some cheap whiskey.:D

64. Frat, Soro, etc are carrying a bed sheet with the announcement of the after party written on it.

Hey Blu...........

Have you cleaned out your PM box yet ??

I couldn't PM you the other day............

And...

65. 2/3 of the folks in attendance didn't go to to either school.

66. The band plays a gospel song for at least ONE game during the year!

67. Someone will have a bullhorn! (SU fans know this one.)

68. The Head Coach with the worst speech impediment will be on the highlite footage!

69. There is more booze in the Stadium than at the TWO corner liquor stores!

70. You have to get to the game 5 hours early when tickets are general admission for a BIG game.

Tara you know you are RIGHT ON TARGET with all of those especially.....

MY #1 FAVORITE IS 43. (WHY CAN'T THEY BUY THEIR OWN DAYUM PROGRAM)

43. Ten people are sharing a $2.00 program.

2. The referees tell the bands to stop playing or risk their team getting a penalty

11. It takes at least 20 efforts to get the wave completed at least once.

14. Someone will always sit in a seat they know they didn't pay for (usually between the 40's) and expects you to sit somewhere else.

15. Homecoming is a dressy affair.

16. People wear PWC's apparel but won't buy a $30.00 sweatshirt from their HBCU....

19. 12 majorettes will take up 2 whole rows of seats........

20. That bad "weed" smell .....

23. At homecoming the parade last 3 to 4 hrs.

24. You can lose every game but homecoming is the make/break game for most teams. You betta win HC or the head coach is on the hot seat.

25. The homecoming half time show is the longest of the year because everybody who is somewhat important wants to talk.

26. The "competition" last 5 quarters instead of 4, even though the game is not tied. SO TRUE!!

27. There are more people outside the stadium than inside.

28. Both teams don't have a decent kicker.

29. The guy next to you ask before the start of the homecoming game, who are we playing today? SO TRUE!!

30. 1/3 of the crowd arrives in the second quarter SO TRUE!!

31. 2/3 of the crowd leaves after halftime SO TRUE!!

47. The band has an announcer talking over the music and the introduction is longer than the performance.

48. The Mascots are actually fighting.

49. Someone will have on a starched down white outfit for homecoming EVEN IF IT RAINS!!!

50. The Alumni, Band, Sorors, Frats, etc., are raffling something.

57. There's someone dressed like a pimp wearing a brim, cape, sun-glasses and stack-heeled shoes.

58. Someone always fall down the steps.

Tara......

You definitely have our number on the BCF Thang!!
:D

Did anyone mention ...?

The people in new clothes used the loan money that should have paid their tuition, room, and board?

Tara

I am sooo sorry to bother you gurl but hassan is being his usual pain in the arse and he wants me to have you email him or call him when you can

*I know gurl - he is sooo triflin

**he just called 'n said that Nita, Sperm, 'n dem got his number

bye gurl and I'll see you at the manicurist :D

Hey that #58 ain't funny. That happened to me once and I have the scar to prove it!:( but I was feeling no pain that night!:D

Originally posted by LOLa
Tara

I am sooo sorry to bother you gurl but hassan is being his usual pain in the arse and he wants me to have you email him or call him when you can

*I know gurl - he is sooo triflin

**he just called 'n said that Nita, Sperm, 'n dem got his number

bye gurl and I'll see you at the manicurist :D

I understand those triflin' men guurrrll.. ;) Just have hassan e-mail me at <a href="mailto:tara@verbalintercourse.com">tara@verbalintercourse.com</a> and I'll get back to him as soon as I can. :)

#0001 when they try to take your program home after the game.

#0002 when they carry home a sack full of plastic cups.

This is so true. Or one could say that people will wear PWC apparel that cost over $50 but will not buy $25-30 apparel from their own HBCU. No matter how one says it, it is so true.

I can totally relate to the "announcement on a bedsheet" thing...The Kappas did that last year at one of our football games and I almost hurt myself laughing.... :emlaugh:

Back