Yards....pt 3

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
How is everyones yard looking since our last talk about them. Mines is still looking nice and green, we did get too much rain in Jun & July and I thought that was gonna hurt my yard. 'll post a pic later for you to see.

How is yours?

Taking a beating from the heat and lack of rain in August. It is not brown, but I'm having to do some serious watering to keep it green. We are due for some rain this week so that should provide some relief.

Mine is fine. My mower has been set at the HIGHEST level for months, so my grass is still thick and green. I just turned my water schedule up to twice a week. (Remember I said to water heavier in the early spring and cut back in the summer for stronger roots).

My yard doesn't look as good as it did in the early spring (see attached), but it still looks good. I'll take some pics and upload them later.

Let just say I will be purchasing a bag Torro in the Spring. My mulching mower spread crab grass all over the yard and the heat has hurt it real bad. Even with all the watering. I've got the mower on the hightest setting but I will be applying some Drexel real soon. Followed by a winterizer fertilizer when the time is right. Next year it's on. lol

Mine is fine. My mower has been set at the HIGHEST level for months, so my grass is still thick and green. I just turned my water schedule up to twice a week. (Remember I said to water heavier in the early spring and cut back in the summer for stronger roots).

My yard doesn't look as good as it did in the early spring (see attached), but it still looks good. I'll take some pics and upload them later.

I love this house and the one across the street with the pool....Y'alls grass looks pretty!

Our grass was beautiful; then we had mandatory water schedules----uh, we got a warning on the door the other day because somebody didn't set the sprinklers to NOT come on when it is not Monday or Wednesday. :lol: They wrote us a warning at 3:20 AM. They do mean business.
Anyway, we had some good rain two nights this weekend so it is coming around.

My f'ing tree in the front never recovered from the winter. The HOA was on my ass about chopping it down. Now they're on my ass about putting another one up. Those trees run around $450. I hope one of those new houses don't get caught slipping.

My f'ing tree in the front never recovered from the winter. The HOA was on my ass about chopping it down. Now they're on my ass about putting another one up. Those trees run around $450. I hope one of those new houses don't get caught slipping.

What kind of tree is it? Is a part of the requirement to replace the tree that it has to be a certain size?

A few pics of our yard...I can't take credit though, hubby does all the work!

n608283035_115662_6087.jpg

n608283035_115660_4137.jpg

It was much greener, but he stopped watering a few weeks ago. He says until the spring...But, we've been getting little hit/miss showers the past few weeks.

A few pics of our yard...I can't take credit though, hubby does all the work!

n608283035_115662_6087.jpg

n608283035_115660_4137.jpg

It was much greener, but he stopped watering a few weeks ago. He says until the spring...But, we've been getting little hit/miss showers the past few weeks.

Nice house!

I forgot the type of tree that died. But the HOA requires 2 trees per house(1 in the front...1 in the back)...and you have to have specific types of trees in your yard. I'll have to get that list of trees.

What kind of tree is it? Is a part of the requirement to replace the tree that it has to be a certain size?

I forgot the type of tree that died. But the HOA requires 2 trees per house(1 in the front...1 in the back)...and you have to have specific types of trees in your yard. I'll have to get that list of trees.
I can't stand Home Owners Associations....glad I don't have to deal with them. :tdown:

Ours died also, but we only have 3 neighbors so our HOA is us....In the next few weeks I will replace it, but I want a Japanesse Maple (its dark burgundy in color)

I say I don't like them, but that usually when they are on my azz. However, I have lived in an area where the community was nice as hell, now the community is simply hell. I recall once a neighbor moved across the street and IMMEDIATELY, but a car on some BRICKS in the front and left it like that for 2 or 3 months. Everybody was too scared to approach them about the eye-soar.

It is so hot in Memphis until I think my grass is confused with my flower bed. My poor plants are on life support brown while the grass is still holding on to a soft green. The grass on the side of my garage is growing like it is not hot and we have barely had to mow the other side. My back yard looks like a jungle and has to be cut almost twice a week.:dizzy:

Mines is still looking nice and green, we did get too much rain in Jun & July and I thought that was gonna hurt my yard. 'll post a pic later for you to see.

Here's my beautiful lawn.....

1347174481_f8cdf3fd23.jpg

Front Yard

1348063184_6d453ee523.jpg
1348062784_b3964e2278.jpg

Side Yard

1347173869_69f529bea1.jpg

Back Yard

Man the white family in the front of our neighborhood has the bomb grass. The grass is so plush and stands about 4 or 5 inches from the sidewalk. You could just lay on it, it looks so good. Mine on the other hand, my husband scalped it mid summer and all I can say is- it's low. :|

Back