Xbox One

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I have 2 PS3 consoles I got primarily for upgradeable blu ray. I own a few games that get played at family functions. Was curious.

Microsoft Is Removing Xbox One DRM

This could be the biggest backtrack in gaming history: Microsoft will reverse course on their DRM policies for Xbox One, dropping their 24-hour Internet check-in requirement and all restrictions on used games.

Here's Microsoft president of interactive entertainment Don Mattrick with the news:

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.....

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

What does the PS4 console do that the PS3 cant?

Much higher resolution textures and character models, more enemies on screen, HUGE upgrade in lighting and particle effects, faster frame rates, etc. If you could see the same games side by side the difference would be very apparent. Some games will only be made for the next gen consoles, and support for the current generation consoles will dwindle over time. Features like game sharing and the PS4 Eye motion sensor will only be on the PS4.

Microsoft Is Removing Xbox One DRM

This could be the biggest backtrack in gaming history: Microsoft will reverse course on their DRM policies for Xbox One, dropping their 24-hour Internet check-in requirement and all restrictions on used games.

Here's Microsoft president of interactive entertainment Don Mattrick with the news:

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.....

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I can't say that I didn't see this coming. I agree with them removing some of that DRM, but I was looking forward to the game sharing and sharing libraries feature.

I can't say that I didn't see this coming. I agree with them removing some of that DRM, but I was looking forward to the game sharing and sharing libraries feature.

You can loan and resale your games now...

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Nah, the game sharing that I'm referring to was stuff like loaning games online. Let's say I buy a game. I could do an e-loan of that game to you similar how you can loan someone else a book on a Kindle or Nook device. I was told that the Xbox One was going to have a similar feature, so let's say since you live in the DMV, and I live here in NC, I could loan you a game that I bought, and you could play it from your Xbox Live profile on your console without me having to drive 4-5 hours to give you the disc. The owner could always play the game, but a game could only be loaned to 1 person at a time.

Nah, the game sharing that I'm referring to was stuff like loaning games online. Let's say I buy a game. I could do an e-loan of that game to you similar how you can loan someone else a book on a Kindle or Nook device. I was told that the Xbox One was going to have a similar feature, so let's say since you live in the DMV, and I live here in NC, I could loan you a game that I bought, and you could play it from your Xbox Live profile on your console without me having to drive 4-5 hours to give you the disc. The owner could always play the game, but a game could only be loaned to 1 person at a time.

Oh cool! :tup:

They had no choice... they were getting outsold in pre-orders on Amazon by the PS4 something like 4 to 1. I don't know how they thought that plan was ever going to work.

Breaking news from Microsoft

Microsoft: Xbox One will still function without Kinect sensor

Yes, you can unplug the Kinect sensor without your Xbox One turning into a useless brick. In an update to an ask-me-anything style Q and A hosted by IGN, Xbox One Chief Platform Architect Marc Whitten was asked if the console would still work if the previously mandatory Kinect sensor were to fall onto a hardwood floor and break. Whitten responded that "like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn't plugged in, although you won't be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly used the sensor."

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/12/xbox-one-will-still-function-without-kinect-sensor/

Back