Xbox One

Impressed with what I've seen so far. I'm waiting for E3 to see more. Hopefully that's when they'll release some pricing information.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It has evolved into more than just a gaming console. It's about to revolutionize how people watch entertainment. I really like how they have integrated the voice and hand commands so a person wouldn't need a remote control. If the new XBOX console can play blue ray discs along with Smartglass where a person can operate what type of entertainment they can watch through their cell phone via the internet, nothing else will compare.

Last edited:
Microsoft is retarded. They are about to get owned by the PS4 for making dumb decisions. Mandatory internet connection? Must login at least once per day? Can't borrow games without paying a fee...which is the same cost as the game? LOL, what in the hell were they thinking with this ish.

Microsoft is retarded. They are about to get owned by the PS4 for making dumb decisions. Mandatory internet connection? Must login at least once per day? Can't borrow games without paying a fee...which is the same cost as the game? LOL, what in the hell were they thinking with this ish.

They lost me on that one. You must have the Kinect in order to have a functional system. Some of the news about what the current Kinect for the 360 can do are crazy...

Yea that's dumb.

Last edited:
I read that one too

I was reading an article recently where Sony was saying the PS4 is going to be a download only system... And that they are quickly moving away from actual games (the hard dvd) and that stores like Game Stop will be obsolete within the next year... Also the PS4 may NOT play games compatible with older systems....

Here is the article... http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-18438_7-57585778-82/game-over-for-used-games-how-xbox-one-and-ps4-could-gut-gamers-wallets/?ttag=fbwp

Impressed with what I've seen so far. I'm waiting for E3 to see more. Hopefully that's when they'll release some pricing information.

Yeap, that's what I am waiting on also, pricing. Anything over $500 fully equipped is a no go for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm leaning towards getting the XBoxOne over the PS4. However, it all depends on two things. Price point and Sony has to actually SHOW the damn PS4!!! Hopefully, they will have it available at E3. I know I'm getting one, it's just a matter of which one.

I'm not ready to call Microsoft crazy just yet. However, we can all agree they are taking a big RISK here. This thing is huge and has better specs than a lot of PCs. Which is why I am wondering how much will this thing cost? Moreover, how will it fit in the windows ecosystem? With 8 GB of ram, running something like Word or Excel should not be a problem. How much will software cost? Downloads should be cheaper than Disc media. Maybe this is another post PC device or home theatre PC replacement. If it is more than $500, I will need more than a game system with a fancy remote control for a TV.

Nevertheless, many in 2007 (including myself) thought a $600 device that had to be constantly connected to the Internet, always logged-in and software that's not easily transferable would be a flop. Even so, an almost bankrupt company in Cupertino, CA. made billions with such a device.

Calling the Xbox One the next iPhone is a bit of a stretch, but there is a precedence that a device like this can succeed. With Microsoft's history of the xbox line, they have shown they will take a loss to gain market share. Maybe nobody will buy the xbox one. Possibly, it might catch on with "Xbox One 2," "Xbox One more thing," or whatever they call the next device.

It may have something to do with Gates relinquishing his hand on involvement with the company.

Side note: I heard he's worth 72 billion now, so they must be doing something right.

They have a steady stream. They won't go bankrupt but they want to be apple so bad. The Surface was a debacle and if what unknown said is true, this is all bad as well.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
They have a steady stream. They won't go bankrupt but they want to be apple so bad. The Surface was a debacle and if what unknown said is true, this is all bad as well.

Yeah, the Surface was an abortion. Would I get one? Maybe, but not at that price, and with the plethora of options Android and Apple already have in place, I'll pass.

I'm leaning towards getting the XBoxOne over the PS4. However, it all depends on two things. Price point and Sony has to actually SHOW the damn PS4!!! Hopefully, they will have it available at E3. I know I'm getting one, it's just a matter of which one.

You guys can't be up on info regarding the two devices if you are considering getting a Xboxone over a PS4 at the moment. As gamers have found out more and more about the new Console, the worse it sounds for Xbox1. Things have gotten so bad MS has cancelled its press conference with the press after E3 is done. PS4 is the superior console by a wide margin this time and now as of recent news...the gap has gotten wider because of heating problems with the Xbox1 console. They have had to downgrade the speed of the console because of this. Which means worse graphics, framerate problems etc. So far we haven't even seen any Xbox1 games being played live...even with Kinect. The Killzone SF was atleast played live for the PS4.

Regarding the TV stuff, MS has revealed that you will still NEED A CABLE box to use TV through your XBox1. :lol: what's the purpose then? And most likely since its MS, you will have to go through a paywall just to access things on your Xbox1, you already have access too on your TV. :shame:

I’m bored, I’ll bite. . .

Quote:

“You guys can't be up on info regarding the two devices if you are considering getting a Xboxone over a PS4 at the moment.”

To be fair, most of the responses were made almost two weeks ago when little was known about both devices. A lot can change in the tech world in that amount of time. . .including opinions.

Quote:

“As gamers have found out more and more about the new Console, the worse it sounds for Xbox1. Things have gotten so bad MS has cancelled its press conference with the press after E3 is done.”

There is only a two horse race in the game console space right now, that’s Microsoft and Sony. The 2013 true gamers are probably going to get both systems. At one time my son had a Game Cube, Wii, and an Xbox 360 at the same time. Microsoft, in my opinion, is trying to sell their system to more than just gamers. As for as Microsoft cancelling the E3 post conference, well that can be looked at as problems or not showing your hand too early. The tech business is very cut-throat. This is why Apple does not prematurely release details about their products until a few days before launch. Maybe, somebody at Microsoft realized they were talking too much.

Quote:
“PS4 is the superior console by a wide margin this time”

Opinionated statement. . .

Quote:

“ . . .and now as of recent news...the gap has gotten wider because of heating problems with the Xbox1 console.”

That was a problem with the original Xbox known as the “red ring of death” which was fixed in the Xbox 360. Overheating in the Xbox one is just a rumor from freelance blogging sites. This information has not been mention from well-established media outlets. Then again why should they, on a product that has not been released yet? You can’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Quote:

“They have had to downgrade the speed of the console because of this.”

This is the same rumor that was out about the iPhone over 100 million dollars in sales ago.

Quote:

“So far we haven't even seen any Xbox1 games being played live...even with Kinect.”

So how can you say the PS4 is superior? Also, since the Xbox one is based on the windows kernel, people who like to customize that get bat shyt crazy over Android really will get a hard-on with this thing. I bet somebody with a lot of time on their hands will be trying to run OS X on it.

Quote:

“Regarding the TV stuff, MS has revealed that you will still NEED A CABLE box to use TV through your XBox1. what's the purpose then?"

There is not a coaxial connection on the back of the Xbox one. If your cable box does not have HDMI port (my cable company has boxes like that) you cannot use your cable box. So how is a cable box needed? The TV functions on the Xbox one will be used to control live TV. This is not a DVR. With only 250 GB of space on the non-replaceable hard drive, it wouldn’t be a good one anyway. Also, can you imagine the litigation Microsoft will get for not mentioning this important detail on their website?

As for as the questioning the purpose, well we can agree on that? Somebody like me would not be interested in something like that anyway. I don’t want to throw my hands in the air and wave them like I just don’t care just to change the channel on the TV. Pressing a button on a remote is just fine with me. . . .but that’s just me. Also, I am suspicious of the voice recognition. I don’t think the technology is quite there yet, until my very thick Southern accent can be detected accurately.

Quote:

“And most likely since its MS, you will have to go through a paywall just to access things on your Xbox1, you already have access too on your TV.”

That may be true especially if they see people are willing to pay. The consensus is that the paid Xbox live subscription is a better experience than the Sony free alternative. You know the saying, “you get what you pay for”

As for which one I will get between the Xbox one and the PS4, it may be neither. The only thing I need is the cheapest way to play the latest version of Madden. From all indications, I will be able to do that on the current-gen consoles.

Last edited:
I'm not getting an xbox, period. If I can't buy used or rent games anymore it's useless to me.

Well, that's the real issue here. Hardware these days is immaterial. However, putting restrictions on the re-sell of a used game has more to do with the game developers than the console manufacturers. Think about it, if you were a game developer in this very competitive market with low profit margins, you would want the most money you can get. Therefore, you would want everybody to buy your game brand new regardless of the platform. If the game developers see people willing to go with Microsoft with their new very radical approach (that's quite possible because it's convenient) than Sony, and the devs see more income potential with Microsoft, subsequently they will write for the Xbox one first, later write for the PS4 as an after thought, or if at all.

You see the same thing with smartphones. Even though Android has the largest market share, developers write for iOS first because of the income potential, then write for the others later after they have made a few dollars on iOS. The biggest thing that's hurting the Wii U is Electronic Arts. EA is not writing games for the Wii U this fall.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/8/4409614/ea-on-wii-u-and-last-gen-console-support

This is a stretch now, but suppose they decide to do the same thing with the PS4? I don't think it could happen, but it's possible.

If the Xbox one sells more units than the PS4 (the Xbox 360 sells more than the PS3 now in the U.S.), then the current used resell model is history. Sony will have to do the same model as Microsoft just to compete or be happy with being 2nd. Sony is not going to let that happen.

PS4 is $399. Xbox One is $499. PS4 is friendly for used and borrowed games and doesn't have any restrictions of how often you need to be connected to the internet. With both being on the x86 architecture, the code base for a lot of these games should be similar. As much as I love my Xbox 360 and dislike Sony, the PS4 seems to have the upper hand on the Xbox One so far.

Cosign

PS4 is $399. Xbox One is $499. PS4 is friendly for used and borrowed games and doesn't have any restrictions of how often you need to be connected to the internet. With both being on the x86 architecture, the code base for a lot of these games should be similar. As much as I love my Xbox 360 and dislike Sony, the PS4 seems to have the upper hand on the Xbox One so far.

PS4 is already owning the Xbox one in presales... don't know why anyone thought it'd be any different. Microsoft went flat out idiotic on this move.

Back