Would you...

BluBlood

"Mississippi Woman"
...be disappointed if your child, in whom you raise as to believe in a higher being, became an antichrist? Or joined another religion that didn't believe in your God? How would you handle that?

Yes without a doubt. I don't care what religion they have as long as they believe in a Supreme Being.

I traveled throughout the world and I have noticed some things. People pray the same, worship, and believe in the same. I dislike Pastors who are in Pulpit and make comments like this, "You will go straight to hell is you are in other religion than Christianity." That is so wrong and silly.

In short if you are worshiping the same creater what makes one religion better than the other.

BluBlood,

I would be very upset. I'm going to raise my children to be Christians and I would never want them to be anything else because Christianity = Truth and that's what I want for my kids.

Dr. Sweet Nupe,

My experience has been somewhat different. I've found that everyone DOES NOT worship the same, pray the same, and we sure don't all believe the same. When we say God or Creator, most of us have different persons in mind and conflicting books in mind. There is a right and a wrong for just about everything in life and that includes religion and spiritual issues.

I want my kids to always live for Jesus and even though I don't have any yet, I started praying for them to stay in God's Will years ago.

terrence

disappointed?

Naw, I'd be afraid for them. I'd love them just the same... It would be a difficult situation to handle.

I agree with MJ4J. I would be afraid for them, but that is what prayer and encouragement is for. As for the antichrist thing, i believe God pre-destine everyone to be what he wants them to be. I would be upset, but it would be God's will and not my own. I would raise my children up in the ways of Jesus Christ, but I cannot make them serve only him, that's between Him and them. But I don't have any children yet, so I really don't know how I would react.

I guess no one really knows how they would react in certain situations until they're actually in them. I pray that I never have to face this issue.

But as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord, Jesus Christ.

Back