working out at home

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
Okay,
as a former athlete, I am addicted to the gym. I love the free weights, I could seriously lift all day... However, I just relocated and not going to join a gym until I can finally get situated. I have a treadmill at home but that is it. Any ideas on how I can stay in shape and not lose my tone while I search for a gym.

Okay,
as a former athlete, I am addicted to the gym. I love the free weights, I could seriously lift all day... However, I just relocated and not going to join a gym until I can finally get situated. I have a treadmill at home but that is it. Any ideas on how I can stay in shape and not lose my tone while I search for a gym.

I say, Push ups, crunches, and running ya neighborhood. Yoga and strecthing too....

Im a gym junkie myself...And Me personally, can't work out at home....Im too comfortable there. I'll plan it, then drift off to the living room and fucc up my whole workout....

~______~

I say, Push ups, crunches, and running ya neighborhood. Yoga and strecthing too....

Im a gym junkie myself...And Me personally, can't work out at home....Im too comfortable there. I'll plan it, then drift off to the living room and fucc up my whole workout....

~______~

That is what I am thinking.. minus running the neigborhood... I am on the treadmill cause I cant take this cold weather quite yet.

That is what I am thinking.. minus running the neigborhood... I am on the treadmill cause I cant take this cold weather quite yet.

Oh yea...well...its warm'ish here, So I forgot bout the treadmill you got.

I ain't ran on a treadmill since I started listening to Neo-Soul about 5 years ago...

and if you got a Wii.....GET ON THAT BATCH! :lol:

~_______~

Okay,

If all you have is a treadmill here is something for you to do...

Do about 30min in the morning at a speed of 2.5 to 2.8 with an incline of about 8 to 10.

~______~

Man, I'm the same. I tried working out at home and it didn't work. I signed up for the gym. I'm thinking about setting up a workout area in the garage... maybe not to build a lot of muscle, but to maintain.

That may help Pop.

You guys are right about distractions. I am staying with my aunt and uncle for the moment and my aunt likes to cook everyday. In New Orleans, I was okay cause I never bought sweets at all. However, towards the end of the election I picked up a few bad habits from working all those 13 hour days. I stopped after but now the temptations are back cause my aunt loves to bake pies and cakes....I need a gym membership fast.

I stopped after but now the temptations are back cause my aunt loves to bake pies and cakes....I need a gym membership fast.

Dude, I'm in Atlanta with the folks and my sisters have been baking since we got here. Cakes, pies, candy, you name it... and sweets are tough.

I've been doing pushups, situps, and light jogging in my one of my sister's neighborhood.

Good luck with the struggle! I'm in the same boat as you bruh!

If all you have is a treadmill here is something for you to do...

Do about 30min in the morning at a speed of 2.5 to 2.8 with an incline of about 8 to 10.

I tried that this morning. It felt quite nice. I had a good burn. I turned up the speed after for a few minutes cause I was craving a burst.

Mane Taebo may be getting old.. but It works... Try the Greatest Moves.... Its an hour long DVD... VERY INTENSE... Gauranteed to shed some lbs.

If you live near DC and will let my dad and me stay there between Jan 18 - Jan 21. I will give you a routine and 3 days of personal time.

FYI I am a certified Personal Trainer.

Cooper Institute.

I decided last night that I'm getting rid of the living room at my other house. I'm pulling up the carpet and turning that room into my home gym room. I will be forced to face the machines every time I step out of my bedroom. Face them and get to working it out.
Now, there won't be a living room to drift off to. If folks want to come by and chat, we'll sit in the sitting room at the front of the house...they won't stay long. :lol: The tv makes them comfortable in the living room and they stay forever. Wanna watch tv, wear your workout gear and get on a machine. :lmao:

I decided last night that I'm getting rid of the living room at my other house. I'm pulling up the carpet and turning that room into my home gym room. I will be forced to face the machines every time I step out of my bedroom. Face them and get to working it out.
Now, there won't be a living room to drift off to. If folks want to come by and chat, we'll sit in the sitting room at the front of the house...they won't stay long. :lol: The tv makes them comfortable in the living room and they stay forever. Wanna watch tv, wear your workout gear and get on a machine. :lmao:

:lol:

good thinking..... I like working out in a semi crowded gym. ESP. with ladies...I walk around that mofo like Im the swolest thing in there and not even look at the females(NOT DIRECTLY).....I just can't get that motivation from da crib...unless Im working out with a lil lady friend or 2 :)

~________~

Good idea. I have an extra room and I'm thinking about turning it into a gym.

I use to go to the gym when I was in Jackson. cuz of the Payton Center..but now I do everything at home for the most part. Its hard cuz it is to many distractions..but I usually just turn my phone on silent..turn off any TV and just knock things out.

Back