Winter Olympics

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Anyone following this? I watched my first Ice Hockey game today...I must say it was quite interesting. I notice they don't fight as much, in the olympics, as they do in the NHL. Maybe they have different rules, while in the Olympics.

I love the figure skating...I pretty much tune in to that, all the time.

I also watched some of the ski races...pretty interesting too. Doesn't seem like the USA is dominating too many of the sports, though.

Overall, Winter Olympics is not half as interesting as the Summer ones are.

I watched snowboard cross on Thursday night. It was quite interesting.

Warndalyn said:
What's so special about Tuesday night?

On Tuesday night Shani Davis, 1st African-American winner of an individual gold medal, will compete against Chad Hedrick in the 1500m speed skating event.

There's been some tension on the men's speed team with Hedrick saying Davis was being selfish for not participating in the relay events. Davis wanted to concentrate on his own evets. When asked to comment about Davis' win in the 1000m speed skate, Hedrick congratulated Joey Cheek for winning the silver. Hedrick didn't acknowledge Davis at all.

silentrage said:
On Tuesday night Shani Davis, 1st African-American winner of an individual gold medal, will compete against Chad Hedrick in the 1500m speed skating event.

There's been some tension on the men's speed team with Hedrick saying Davis was being selfish for not participating in the relay events. Davis wanted to concentrate on his own evets. When asked to comment about Davis' win in the 1000m speed skate, Hedrick congratulated Joey Cheek for winning the silver. Hedrick didn't acknowledge Davis at all.
Yep, thats it. But to make it even more simple...those two just don't like each other.

For Shani's sake, I hope when the Olympics are over the brotha can tone down the attitude, because there is money waiting for him when he gets back to the States.

oh ok, silentrage...I did hear about that. I actually saw him being interviewed and homeboy had an attitude out of this world. The lady that was interviewing him, after he won, was like, "Shani, are you angry?" I was saying the same thing, too. I missed his race, though.

Maybe he's going thru some racial tensions, being he's the only black there. Ya never know what's really going on, behind the scenes. **shrugs shoulders**

Anywho, I hope he wins. :D

Warndalyn said:
oh ok, silentrage...I did hear about that. I actually saw him being interviewed and homeboy had an attitude out of this world. The lady that was interviewing him, after he won, was like, "Shani, are you angry?" I was saying the same thing, too. I missed his race, though.

Maybe he's going thru some racial tensions, being he's the only black there. Ya never know what's really going on, behind the scenes. **shrugs shoulders**

Anywho, I hope he wins. :D

Well, he is going thru some things. He was called the N-word on his website and told that he should break his leg on a fall...all because he skipped a team race to prepare for his individual race, for which he received a GOLD MEDAL...:swink:

J4J said:
Well, he is going thru some things. He was called the N-word on his website and told that he should break his leg on a fall...all because he skipped a team race to prepare for his individual race, for which he received a GOLD MEDAL...:swink:
Typical...:shame:

Back