Win or Lose I think Grambling Should Go D-1A

Status
Not open for further replies.
But on the serious tip. Our schools do need to make a decision on if our athletic departments are going expand to the point of where it is more feasible to make the the jump to D-1 instead of it being a knee-jerk reaction because it sound like a good idear. It is a direct reflection on the SWAC when Alcorn looses to Youngstown State, JSU looses to Western IL. and William and Mary and GSU looses to SJSU. I never said we didn't have the talent. Just not the coaches. Its just an infrastructure issue.

Originally posted by JSUII
Originally posted by dagreightone
Well if you believe that Kent is a better QB than Bruce you must also believe that GWB is a better Pres. than Bill Clinton, because that facts/stats speak for themselves. Bruce has much better stats than Kent and he has also one a SWAC Championship something Kent has never done. So on that note and in the words of GWB (the dumbest pres. in history) to Al Gore, "that seems like fuzzy math...". But, doesn't everything seem fuzzy when you can't understand it??? Referring to GWB and anyone who believes that Kent is a better QB than Bruce... LOL...

Kent, is better than Bruce. Why would I make a statement like this: Well first of all, I have seen both of them play. I saw Bruce Eugene last year, and last Saturday and he did not impress me. SJSU did not have the best team in Division 1A. He is too fat and slow. He needs to lift weights, run, and go on a very strict diet. He is big enough to move the ball better than he does but his body is not conditioned. I saw him run one outside route against SJSU and after that he couldn't even get his feet planted to throw a decent pass. If he get his body in tact he could probably be just as good as Kent. And on the other hand, Bruce, should be twice as good as Kent, because he is coached by a Head Coach that has won the Superbowl, and also played quarterback in college, and on the professional level. Kent, on the other hand hasn't had the best coaches for the last three years, but he is still more mobile and his arm is stronger. Kent took a beating last year and still finished with an impressive season. If Hughes would have had sense enough to hire a well-trained offensive coordinator, and a good quarterback coach, Kent would have been awesome. Kent will go pro if he can stay healthy this year.

So what are you saying??? Well let me answer for you? NOTHING!!! It seems to me that you are doing nothing more than making excuses for Kent, but the facts are that not only did Bruce beat him but ?SHOWTIME? Randy Hymes beat him also? But, don?t be mad at Bruce because he made the right decision. Kent should be mad as hell at himself and his parents for sending him to a program that has done no more than made him a good arena league player? Man I get sick and tired of coming to this forum and defending my school when I shouldn?t have to defend it. Nevertheless, lets come to a conclusion. The fact still remains BRUCE has better stats than Kent. Bruce has beat Kent. So, I conclude that Bruce is a better QB. Case closed?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Uh deaftone, what you are saying is all irrelevant. Brugene is not better than Kent and the WHOLE world saw that Saturday. Brugene has the worstest of the worst mechanics I believe every in the history of college football. Bruce better stats. :lol: Yeah, after playing MoB and Savannah State. Stats sometimes dont mean a thing (ex. this past Saturday). I just dont see why you all dont just accept it and admit it. Your school pride has truly blinded you all and drove some of you all mad. Just admit it, Brugene is just an converted lineman to QB with a strong arm. No type of accuracy.

Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
LaMont........

YOU BIG DUMMY!!!:lmao:
:lmao:
:lmao::lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hey TP,

This dude is quickly becoming my favorite poster. You better step it up.

Is Lamont the one that also thinks that Roy Jones sucks?

So what are you saying??? Well let me answer for you? NOTHING!!! It seems to me that you are doing nothing more than making excuses for Kent, but the facts are that not only did Bruce beat him but ?SHOWTIME? Randy Hymes beat him also? But, don?t be mad at Bruce because he made the right decision. Kent should be mad as hell at himself and his parents for sending him to a program that has done no more than made him a good arena league player? Man I get sick and tired of coming to this forum and defending my school when I shouldn?t have to defend it. Nevertheless, lets come to a conclusion. The fact still remains BRUCE has better stats than Kent. Bruce has beat Kent. So, I conclude that Bruce is a better QB. Case closed?

dagreightone .... I am saying that Kent is a better QB than Bruce Eugene. Bottom line!!!

With his eyes closed, one arm tied behind his back, with a toothache, with one shoe, with a bunch of sissies chasing him singing its raining men.

Originally posted by unknown1
I wont even mention what school I go to because I dont even want you to realize how big of a dumbass you've made yourself out to be by making assumptions. Just because a D-IA school wants your coach doesnt mean his playcalling against SJSU wasn't ishtty, because everyone that saw that game on TV knows it was. And just for the record, what D-IA's want your coach? I can remember him interviewing for a job and being turned down.:rolleyes:

I should have expected a statement like that coming from a Technician. Well since I'm an engineer let me put you in your place. Look son opps I mean boy, I'm sorry that I offended you I thought you were a product of the SWAC but I see you are just a certificate caring wanna be... Well I do know this, I?m glad you aren?t part of my alumni, because as a 3rd generation Gramblinite I?m proud to tell you and anyone else what school I represent... But back to the Doug thing you are right he did get turned down. But did anyone say anything about your coach; I know most people are asking what coach and what sport? Well let me inform the public, the sport was ?cup kicking? where they went 0-10. And just to think, the coach got mad because he got turned down for the job of coaching the ?shoe shining? team? Man get a school then get a sport and then get the ufck out of my conference. Loser?

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Trust, no D-1 schools wants Doug after that display of coaching. They all got a first hand witness of "c**n" coaching and it will not be tolerated in D-1A.

Well I know no one wants any of the 20 coaches that ya'll have had in the past 3 years... Man what a pitiful school... You all should stop talking bad about Doug because in order to be the man you have to beat the man... Something none of you have done... Crabs in a barbell describes all you hatin' house nickauhs...

Originally posted by bluedog
How about the fact that we scored 19 points on a real d1a school and that had it not been for two unforced turnovers while threating to score we really had a chance to win?

How about the fact that three schools in their own conf. who are ranked higher didn't accomplish that not even the conf. champs? Btw they beat two of them.

How about the fact that we gain 427 total yards as oppose to Hawaii's 429?

How about the fact we lost by the same margin as a d1a bowl eligible team?

How about the fact that's what you call really competing out of your division?

Tulane 35, Cincinnati 17

Tulane 31, Southern Miss 10

TCU 17, Tulane 10

Tulane 36, Hawai'i 28

Tulane 37, Southern 19

Well the last time I checked you only got trophies for beating teams in your conference... I never knew they gave trophies or rings to teams that scored on D-1 schools... And since everyone knows they don't, just come up I-20 and take a look at the SWAC championship trophy... Just remember to be there before 5:00pm?

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
I didn't bother to read all of the other post on this thread. I'll just respond to the thread title...
Win or Lose Grambling Should Go D-1A
I think the reasoning behind such a statement would be Grambling's recent success. However, realistically speaking, such an assertion can hardly be made because of a few championships. No hate or smack intended.... Gram is still a long way from D-1. We can all be blinded sometimes by streaks of success, but I haven't forgot the state of things over in northern Louisiana just a few years ago...as the Tigers got 50 and 60 points dropped on them every week. Now it is true that Doug has turned the program back around, but it's safe to say that whenever someone talks about moving up to 1-A the off-field situation weighs much heavier than on-field. What i'm saying is basically Grambling's on-field success would not hardly over-ride the state of things in their program when being looked at for a move up....as is the case in most HBCU programs.

Man thank God... It's about time that someone from JSU made an intellectual post. I was beginning to think your school had nothing but Neanderthals on the campus... I agree with most of the things you said, but I must say that if GSU is about 5-10 years away from moving up then that would mean that everyone else in the SWAC is about 50 years away from moving up? Before all of you began to get you panties in a bunch lets just think about this for a moment. GSU has legacy that none of your schools? or any other black school can live up to. So on that note and since I know most you all will disagree, what school do you think would be more qualified than GSU to move up??? And, be honest!!!

Originally posted by northern tiger
Excuse me, when you all played Loiusviile, a couple of years ago, how many points did you all score. ZERO. nuff said . Don't try to bring lineage into the equation either because there is no corelation between that and your below zero football I.Q. Everybody is in the game until the end of the fourth quarter. And BOY don't you EVER try to threaten some one when you fresh on the set. But it is obvious as H@LL you don't know no better. You don't know me or what I have dealt with. And believe you me, your imagination could not conceive other people's experiences. So run yo mouth all you want, but make sure that you have some toilet paper handy for sh@t that its splattering out of it. You have not made one valid point yet. Try to develop a more broader perspective on hbcu athletics because it is evident that you don't realize outside of the south, know one really cares about the division status of our sports. So when our schools make that commitment, it is their sole responsibilty to become successful. And if you don't like our comments, create your on SWAC board, PUNK. Folks always try to pretend like they so HARD.

Man you are a coward... First of all I don't give a #uck what you have been threw or what hole you came out of... You said something to me and about my school and got mad because I retaliated. But you know what f/u!!! Yeah I said it and what you gonna do about it... And as far a my knowledge about HBCU athletics, dude please... I have been living HBCU athletics for over 25 years... I'm a 3rd generation Gamblinite... But let me give you an assignment pupil, tell me the last time that Jackson beat a D-1 school... I can assure you that I can tell you when Grambling did it??? And stop cry like a lil? b#tch... Talking about somebody think they hard, that?s because I am!!!

But on the serious tip. Our schools do need to make a decision on if our athletic departments are going expand to the point of where it is more feasible to make the the jump to D-1 instead of it being a knee-jerk reaction because it sound like a good idear. It is a direct reflection on the SWAC when Alcorn looses to Youngstown State, JSU looses to Western IL. and William and Mary and GSU looses to SJSU. I never said we didn't have the talent. Just not the coaches. Its just an infrastructure issue.

In order to beat them you must play them. So what do you recommend we do get scouting reports on the teams and say yeah we can beat em'... Hell no... You got to play them and to tell the truth I recommend GSU playing at least one D-1 school every year... I'm just glad you aren't calling any shots at my school because w/ your way of thinking we will always lose to them... Eddie Robinson beat em' and he did it by playing them not by just sitting on the sideline or up in the stands saying we can beat em'...

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
Uh deaftone, what you are saying is all irrelevant. Brugene is not better than Kent and the WHOLE world saw that Saturday. Brugene has the worstest of the worst mechanics I believe every in the history of college football. Bruce better stats. :lol: Yeah, after playing MoB and Savannah State. Stats sometimes dont mean a thing (ex. this past Saturday). I just dont see why you all dont just accept it and admit it. Your school pride has truly blinded you all and drove some of you all mad. Just admit it, Brugene is just an converted lineman to QB with a strong arm. No type of accuracy.

Ok lets evaluate the situation. And lets just say that everything you are saying is true. So that would mean that GSU has a line man that can play QB better than the best QB that you all have had in JSU history (what does that say about your program)... Now on the flip side, lets just say that nothing you have said is true. That would mean that Bruce would be a better QB than Kent. Question!!! What facts do I have to support my hypothesis.. Well first of all I have their stats and second I have their records, which leads me to the conclusion that Bruce is better. But you know what, I hate JSU because you all are a bunch of Punk Mo Fo's... I vividly remember two years ago when Kent threw like 8 interceptions in the game against us and that game was at Jackson. He looked horrible... Denmark Reed had like 4 picks on him... But ya'll not talking about that... At least Bruce looked bad against D-1 school... Kent looked bad against us and everyone else... Man how could you argue the point of Kent being better than Bruce you have to be an imbecile...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man you are a coward... First of all I don't give a #uck what you have been threw or what hole you came out of... You said something to me and about my school and got mad because I retaliated. But you know what f/u!!! Yeah I said it and what you gonna do about it... And as far a my knowledge about HBCU athletics, dude please... I have been living HBCU athletics for over 25 years... I'm a 3rd generation Gamblinite... But let me give you an assignment pupil, tell me the last time that Jackson beat a D-1 school... I can assure you that I can tell you when Grambling did it??? And stop cry like a lil? b#tch... Talking about somebody think they hard, that?s because I am!!!

You people, I tell ya, don't quote something and then don't address it. One more time, were you all blew out by Louisville, since you brought up our loss to USM as a frame of reference. I could take the silly simple route and say at least we scored, but that is on your level and I don't deal with idiots. Man, if you want to take the violent route, you go right ahead. There nine year olds that have dealt with more in life than you mister lineage. Like someone is really suppose to feel threatened because you brought up kuntree azz duh, duh, duh, Doug and Asberry. Live in your sheltered world all you want. I have dealt with worst on a good day. GO TIGERS!!!!!!! JSU that is.

Oh yeah, I ain't the only one who don't GAF about your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... GSU generation. It really don't hold water. And what really counts is when was the last time y'all had a first round pick in the NFL. And please let it be after '87. That was my first year at JSU.

So on that note and since I know most you all will disagree, what school do you think would be more qualified than GSU to move up??? And, be honest!!!

Honestly JSU and SU.

This IS NOT the stupidest topic of the year

Have you ever been to the small talk forum?

And for the record - the man formerally known as PunkRoy will GET CRUSHED the first time he fights anyone half as good as Lilia Ali. In fact, I'd take Lilia in 6 if they ever fought. And frankly, I'm waiting for used to be PunkRoy to make the mistake of fighting Tyson.

Now the question is real - should more HBCUs go D-1A. It is more of a question of do you really believe that blacks can manage and grow an institution that can excel at academic and atheletic excellence. I, frankly, think it can be done with the right people. And frankly, if the halfwits at FAMU can try it, then I surely think JSU, Grambling and Alabama State could pull it off also.

I think the time is now. And more importantly, I want to see an HBCU kick some PWC's *****. Heck, can you image the kind of cause celeb the first HBCU that goes to a bowl game is going to be? Geez, that university will be swimming in positive press and donations from all of the hick legislators in the State. It really is about time and opportunity. And right now, may be that time.

LaMont

You people, I tell ya, don't quote something and then don't address it. One more time, were you all blew out by Louisville, since you brought up our loss to USM as a frame of reference. I could take the silly simple route and say at least we scored, but that is on your level and I don't deal with idiots. Man, if you want to take the violent route, you go right ahead. There nine year olds that have dealt with more in life than you mister lineage. Like someone is really suppose to feel threatened because you brought up kuntree azz duh, duh, duh, Doug and Asberry. Live in your sheltered world all you want. I have dealt with worst on a good day. GO TIGERS!!!!!!! JSU that is.

Oh yeah, I ain't the only one who don't GAF about your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... GSU generation. It really don't hold water. And what really counts is when was the last time y'all had a first round pick in the NFL. And please let it be after '87. That was my first year at JSU.

Did you refer to me as ?you people???? Do you know that is one of the most racist statements that a white person can make??? Which leads me to the conclusion that you probably think you are one of them, Uncle TOM!!! So Tom since you said I have got off the subject, we (Grambling State University) have won at least 3 D-1 games. Has there ever in the history of JSU been a win against a D-1 school??? But you know what disregard all of that, the fact is are you the defending SWAC champs and the answer is HELL NO!!! So, until ya?ll beat us STFU!!! To be the man you have to beat the man? And it seems like Doug has been doing a good job putting his foot in your @$$ playing c**n ball?

Case Dismissed?

Oh I forgot you said something about first round draft picks, well I don?t think we have had any since then. But what I do know is that we have more players in the NFL PLAYING than you have championships in the 90?s or in this new millennium? I can?t leave without saying this. I know you don?t care about how many generations I am at GSU because when your grandparents or parents were picking cotton for master or changing dirty diapers my grandparents were acquiring degrees and becoming professional? So I understand why the house nickauh and the field nickauh would be mad at the HIGH CLASS nickauh? Uncle TOM?

And stop cry like a lil? b#tch... Talking about somebody think they hard, that?s because I am!!!

Man, this dude is a trip!!!

You gotta love computer thugz!!!:lmao:

Keep postin', Playa....

Did you refer to me as ?you people???? Do you know that is one of the most racist statements that a white person can make??? Which leads me to the conclusion that you probably think you are one of them, Uncle TOM!!! So Tom since you said I have got off the subject, we (Grambling State University) have won at least 3 D-1 games. Has there ever in the history of JSU been a win against a D-1 school??? But you know what disregard all of that, the fact is are you the defending SWAC champs and the answer is HELL NO!!! So, until ya?ll beat us STFU!!! To be the man you have to beat the man? And it seems like Doug has been doing a good job putting his foot in your @$$ playing c**n ball?

Case Dismissed?

Oh I forgot you said something about first round draft picks, well I don?t think we have had any since then. But what I do know is that we have more players in the NFL PLAYING than you have championships in the 90?s or in this new millennium? I can?t leave without saying this. I know you don?t care about how many generations I am at GSU because when your grandparents or parents were picking cotton for master or changing dirty diapers my grandparents were acquiring degrees and becoming professional? So I understand why the house nickauh and the field nickauh would be mad at the HIGH CLASS nickauh? Uncle TOM?

We OWNED our land for one. Two, the diaper changin' comment is Uncle Tomish within' itself. Three, the "you people" was in reference to closed minded folks like yourself who don't have the aptitude to grasp the concept of progression. Thats what this thread is about. But evidently, that went over your head. Like the passes Eugene over threw SEVERAL times last Saturday. HIGH CLASS nickauh is an oxymoron, moron.

Re: ??!

Originally posted by Bartram
:confused: (my goodness does this one has 9 lives. sheece.) :confused:

:smh: I know exactly how you feel Bartram.

Well, it started out as a good thread, but somewhere it kind of went downhill. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back