Will's

I don't have one.

I need to make one but it's seems creepy even thinking about it. :scared:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I dont have one but I need to do it.
A member of the church member told me and the wife do a power of attorney.

The lack of wills has caused our people to loose land and other assets. We need to be more serious about handling our personal affairs. The use of a will "properly filed" would avoid issues between family members once a love one pass-on.

I have always had one, but did not realize how important a will is until my great uncle passed away and lost all of his assets. The court ordered his land sold, because of dispute between two of his outside children. The court ordered all of his land [30 acers] to be sold and this white man purchased it for less than a third of it apprased value. Also, when my father became ill, we were totally lost concerning his wishes. We were lucky to convince him to prepare and sigh a will prior to his death.

I 'will' is simply a wish. Any will can be contested by anybody. Once it is contested, it is just as if you never had a will. If you have assets that you want to leave to your love ones, look into "Living Trust". Once you pass, nobody outside the "Trust" can get to your assets, they are left for those who reside in the Trust at the time you die.

at this point, i have not acquired enough to need a will.

my sister, mother, and father are covered on my life ins and they know if anything happens....my sister's college is paid for first and she has to complete to get the rest.

my mother and sister on listed on my savings/ckings.

once i get married/children and get a home, etc. everything down to the forks will be itemized in a will so that there no confusion. i am set to inherit some land and every acre will be itemized. :lecture:

ds

It's never to early to start / have a will - it can always be updated. I have mine loaded on a disk / hard drive and each time I add or remove items I change my will.

I have a portion that states "If I inherit any land it is to remain in my immediate family and the land is not to be sold under any circumstances, ......"

"at this point, i have not acquired enough to need a will."

"i am set to inherit some land and every acre will be itemized"

At this point you may have more than you think, look around at everything.

Dr. H,
I'm not saying a will isn't needed, it is a need. However the will is something that needs maintenance and it is only a wish. Any will can go thru PROBATE. Probate can last 3 to 5 years after you die and I know you don't want what you leave behind to be tied up. A trust prevents that.

Create a trust and sign everything you own over to the trust, ie "Da_Sperms Family Trust". Turn over your car, house, bank accounts, stock, bonds, funds, real estate, painting, etc over to "Da_Sperms Family Trust". Put your wife and kids in the trust. When you die, the trust still lives. It can't be contested because only members in the trust can have what the trust owns. A trust cost about $1500 to $2000 to setup, then from that point own its simply up to you to release everything you own out of your name over to the trust.

Once you die, these people that do nothing but look at the paper everyday to see who has died and then go down to the county clerk office and see what you own will get nothing. Why? Because when they get to the county clerk office, your name isn't on *ish. It's all in the name of "Da_Sperms Family Trust". NO PROBATE! The IRS can't even collect their INHERITANCE TAX.

I say start off with a will, once you put your name on a home and you have a spouse and or kids, get a trust.

Back