Williams wants to rejoin Dolphins

PV-PRIDE

Agent: Williams wants to rejoin Dolphins

The Associated Press

NEW YORK ? Ricky Williams wants to rejoin the Miami Dolphins and has asked the NFL how soon he can return, his agent said Tuesday.

It's unclear whether Williams must serve a suspension the rest of this season for repeated violations of the league drug program. He has asked the NFL for a hearing to clarify his status, but no date has been set.

"Ricky has asked me to explore and to try to facilitate his return," said his agent, Leigh Steinberg. "He has a passion for playing football and is excited about playing."

The 2002 NFL rushing champion stunned the Dolphins when he retired just before training camp in late July. Steinberg declined to discuss his client's change of heart, but on Sept. 24, Williams was ordered by an arbitrator to repay more than $8.6 million to the team for breaching his contract.

A Dolphins source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the team's understanding is that Williams can't play this year because of his drug-program violations.

Steinberg and the Dolphins declined to say whether there have been recent conversations between the two parties.

"This is an issue between the player, his representative and the league," Dolphins general manager Rick Spielman said. "Accordingly, we don't have a comment on the matter."

Last week, coach Dave Wannstedt said he hadn't talked to Williams in about a month.

PV-PRIDE said:
Agent: Williams wants to rejoin Dolphins

The Associated Press

NEW YORK ? Ricky Williams wants to rejoin the Miami Dolphins and has asked the NFL how soon he can return, his agent said Tuesday.

It's unclear whether Williams must serve a suspension the rest of this season for repeated violations of the league drug program. He has asked the NFL for a hearing to clarify his status, but no date has been set.

"Ricky has asked me to explore and to try to facilitate his return," said his agent, Leigh Steinberg. "He has a passion for playing football and is excited about playing."

The 2002 NFL rushing champion stunned the Dolphins when he retired just before training camp in late July. Steinberg declined to discuss his client's change of heart, but on Sept. 24, Williams was ordered by an arbitrator to repay more than $8.6 million to the team for breaching his contract.

A Dolphins source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the team's understanding is that Williams can't play this year because of his drug-program violations.

Steinberg and the Dolphins declined to say whether there have been recent conversations between the two parties.

"This is an issue between the player, his representative and the league," Dolphins general manager Rick Spielman said. "Accordingly, we don't have a comment on the matter."

Last week, coach Dave Wannstedt said he hadn't talked to Williams in about a month.
Keywords: Eight 'Purnt' Six Mill

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If he do come back to Miami ............. :devil2: .............DO ANYBODY BESIDES ME see MIAMI's OL-men letting those L-Backers have a clear shot at sprinting through his arse a couple of times. :bump:

jstate83 said:
If he do come back to Miami ............. :devil2: .............DO ANYBODY BESIDES ME see MIAMI's OL-men letting those L-Backers have a clear shot at sprinting through his arse a couple of times. :bump:

Nah....their mind would be on trying to save their season.

Didn't he say he hated football? But, I can see how $8.6 mil. can change your mind. I always knew he was crazy. :dizzy:

I think that he thought he had enought $$$ to retire and smoke at the same time. Then he suddenly realize that his green wasnt as long as his smoking green.

Blacknbengal said:
I think that he thought he had enought $$$ to retire and smoke at the same time. Then he suddenly realize that his green wasnt as long as his smoking green.

After paying back that 8.6, he realized, he was not going to be able to smoke all of the weed in India like he thought he could.

jstate83 said:
If he do come back to Miami ............. .............DO ANYBODY BESIDES ME see MIAMI's OL-men letting those L-Backers have a clear shot at sprinting through his arse a couple of times.

Yes I can see that happening. The season is already shot to hell for the Dophins so why not.

I don't even think he'll make it to gameday. He's gonna catch a couple of beatdowns on the practice field and in the locker room.

Xanex send help

Ricky does NOT want to return to the Dolphins. That would be suicide.

Ricky wants to return to the NFL. The real question is whether any other team would want him. I don't think that I would want him on my team.

(tuning up the voice...) O, Can-a-da....

Dolphins divided on Williams' potential return

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - With running back Ricky Williams ready to reverse directions and come out of retirement, his former Miami Dolphins teammates were mixed in their reaction Wednesday.

Defensive end David Bowens said he would like to see Williams rejoin the Dolphins, in part because they're 0-4. But Pro Bowl linebacker Zach Thomas said he doubted that help from Williams is on the way.
"He will not be playing for the Dolphins," Thomas predicted. "He's got too many things with the fans and too much with the media, and that's the reason he ran from it in the first place. He wouldn't come back here."

Thomas might be right. Gary Ostrow, an attorney who has represented Williams, said the 2002 NFL rushing champion hopes to receive clearance from the league to play again before the Oct. 19 trade deadline so he can be dealt by Miami.

Read story

I hope they drug test his butt! Miami is stupid to take him back, I would not accept him on any team. Any team that spends money on him deserves to be in the hole for many many years... :smh: :smh: :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This is 8, a decimal point and a six times 1 with six zeros to the right of that one. That can change one's mind.

Babies will make you go to work.

Williams Faces Paternity Suit

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP)--Ricky Williams has acknowledged having an intimate relationship with a woman who filed a paternity suit against him, according to court papers.

The retired Miami Dolphins running back, who said last week that he wants to rejoin the team, faces a court hearing in the suit Dec. 15.

Cherie Nicole Clark, formerly of Miami Beach and now a resident of Honolulu, filed papers in August in Broward Circuit Court asking Williams to pay child support for her 14-month-old son. Clark, 23, claims that Williams is the boy's father.

In a response Sept. 10, Williams denied having sex with Clark and denied he was the father. However, in papers filed Sept. 22, Williams said he and Clark had ``an intimate relationship during the time that the minor child in these proceedings was conceived.''

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/s...tml/Football/AP.V2681.AP-FBN-Dolphins-Wi.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EB said:
This is 8, a decimal point and a six times 1 with six zeros to the right of that one. That can change one's mind.

Child support ...................That will change your mind too. :goof: :goof:

Back