Williams Resigns, Takes Position at Youngstown State

Blacknbengal

Williams Resigns, Takes Position at Youngstown State

Greensboro, NC (3/21/02) - N.C. A&T defensive line coach Terrell Williams announced his resignation to the Aggie coaching staff Monday. Williams accepted a similar post at NCAA Division I-AA powerhouse Youngstown State.

An 1998 graduate and All-American candidate defensive lineman at East Carolina, Williams leaves the Aggies with an impressive ledger. In his five seasons with the Aggies, his 15 starters tallied over 600 tackles, 300 for loss, with 130 sacks. N.C. A&T finished in the NCAA I-AA top five in four of those seasons in total defense, and ranked first in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference for three of those seasons, including the MEAC championship season of 1999.

Williams will replace former Aggie George Small, who vacated the position to become the defensive coordinator at MEAC rival Hampton University. There is no word on who will replace Williams, who is the second defensive coach to leave the program, following former defensive coordinator Wayne Hicks, head coach at Lenoir Rhyne.

N.C. A&T returns four of their top five lineman this season and added several more during an extremely productive recruiting class.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So, you are sayin that you all HAVE filled those 2 empty spots.

Blacknbengal, were have you been?

I posted the new addition to our staff almost a month ago. This is outdated information.

Back