Will Haywood make the needed adjustments, despite loss to FAMU

Can Haywood turn things around in time for conference play

• Total voters

Last_outlaw

He has the ability, but every game from the Tigers 2016 season was better than the one against FAMU, so I'm on the fence! Will the time off help the Tigers? Will the HBU and FAMU games help to turn things around in time for conference play?
920x920.jpg
XRXNMHUQZTYBIEE.20151205164341.jpg

I know he will. Although they may have not been freshmen look at how many players played for Texas Southern that it was their first time playing at Texas Southern.

Just counting the first half alone I bet TSU played at least 16 different players on each side of the ball.

I bet FAMU is better than what we thought.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I know he will. Although they may have not been freshmen look at how many players played for Texas Southern that it was their first time playing at Texas Southern.

Just counting the first half alone I bet TSU played at least 16 different players on each side of the ball.

I bet FAMU is better than what we thought.
I wanna believe he was just testing a plan B and saving plan A which is solid to compete for conference play! We gotta make a statement this year!

At the minimum we need to show improvement. We need to beat everyone in the east except for the east champion. Beat one of the top 3 teams in the west. Be in all SWAC games.

Doing what? Anything less than a 2nd place finish in the west is disappointing finish for PV this year. Y'all get SU and TSU on the road this year.

No, anything less than #1 is disappointing. We're Not like y'all. And PV playing in Houston( in a stadium that we've never lost in ) won't be an issue. I'd hardly call that "on the road ". All Harvey did was postpone the inevitable.

No, anything less than #1 is disappointing. We're Not like y'all. And PV playing in Houston( in a stadium that we've never lost in ) won't be an issue. I'd hardly call that "on the road ". All Harvey did was postpone the inevitable.

In my Jay-Z voice, Okay!

I expect TSU to be better than what you saw against FAMU by the time we play PV. I hope with a win over PV we can finish better than 4th in the west.

Y'all been disappointed a long ass time.

You are correct PV is nothing like Texas Southern.​

Last edited:
For a school that has only won one football championship in the last ten years, I would hate to see y'all if y'all won 5 out of the last 7 years.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well that 1 out right championship is one more than what tsu has won...EVER. Move around.

TSU's athletic department was placed on five years' probation for numerous infractions, including several committed by the football program under the watch of former coach Johnnie Cole, and a lack of institutional control. As a result, the school decided to vacate all team records for the 2006 through 2010 academic years in all sports and those from football and soccer in 2010, self-imposed penalties incorporated into the NCAA's broader punishment.

The ruling effectively eliminates any statistical existence of the Tigers' record-setting 2010 football season, which included a 9-3 finish, the program's first SWAC championship since 1968 and first outright conference title, first SWAC Western Division title and a No. 1 ranking in total defense among all Football Championship Subdivision programs.

Who's to say. I would like to think so ... I haven't heard Haywood speak since Tallahassee. I'm curious what changes he made ... they need to start with O-Line and maybe the QB. This long break could hurt or help them.

Back