WII beating PS3 and XBOX AGAIN with technology

staggalee83

War & Thunder
Say what you want.:lol:

The longer PS and XBOX reesist implementing motion sensative control's into their game stations, this gap is gonna get huge as more games come online for WII.
WII's biggest problem this year is the same as last year.

They can't produce enough of these things.
They are still outselling PS and Xbox by over a million unit's and that's only because they can't keep up with demand and the Christmas season is comming.

Everybody see this except PS and XBOX die hards and PS and XBox themselves.
With Madden Football comming this holiday season for WII, it's gonna get ugly for the Big 2.

WII takes a murderous turn with Manhunt 2.

In a video game universe, the pairings do not get much stranger than this: family-friendly Nintendo and controversial video game developer Rockstar.
The horror title Manhunt 2 ($30-$40) will hit stores on Halloween for Nintendo Wii and Sony's PlayStation 2. Since the Wii version uses the motion-sensitive controllers, it literally gives players the hands of a killer. Manhunt 2 was originally rated Adults Only ? equivalent to an X in films ? and now carries an M for mature audiences (17 and up).

"It is a technological fit, and the gameplay works," says Newsweek's N'gai Croal. "But culturally, it's not a fit."

Nintendo doesn't need to expand its user base to help the Wii continue to outsell its pricier and technologically superior competitors. Since launching in November, Nintendo has sold 4 million Wiis; in the same time, Microsoft has sold 3 million Xbox 360s and Sony 1.75 million PS3s, according to market tracking firm The NPD Group.

I bought a Wii this past Sunday. The store was out of Wii systems (as most stores are) when I was there the Thursday before but the salesperson informed me that they'd have some in Sunday when they opened.

I got there an hour after they opened and they had already sold half of the shipment of twenty within the first hour of opening. I bought one, my cousin who came with me bought one, and before we left there were two more people in line waiting to get their Wii systems.

The Wii is selling like hotcakes.... :nod:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Once all the games that are made for the other 2 get version's for WII, it's gonna be dang near ova.
PS3 and X-box better get used to competing with Nintindo again.

John Madden Football on this is gonna put them over the top when it comes out for the Holiday's.

I look at the WII as the Nintendo versions of the PS2 and the early Xbox. The price that they are charging for this reflects that. My kids said that they didn't want the WII and was content with the PS2 and the games they play on it.

The Wii is aimed towards a different type of player than the XBOX 360 and the PS3. You won't see games like Halo, Gears of War, and Grand Theft Auto on the Wii. Personally, I prefer the XBOX 360 style of console. The Wii has no online gameplay as far as I know and I think it's more of the price point that it's at that attributes to it's high sales. The XBOX 360 and PS3 can used as dvd players to play back standard and high definition movies, something the Wii can't do. The Wii is nice, but personally, it's not for me.

I think right now it is more price than technology. The fact that the thing is cheap is whats driving it....but thats just right now.

I do believe the technology and different types of games and game play will completely run over Xbox and PS if they don't get it together. Xbox 360 just keeps churning our more and more FPS games (first person shooter like Halo). And they all are either about fighting aliens, fighting in WWII and every once in a while modern war. Story lines are a thing of the past now. :whatever: And PS3 is sunk period. The games look worse than the 360 and it costs more. There are barely any games being released and it seems like developers would rather still develop for the PS2 since I keep seeing PS2 games released. Most developers say its just too hard to program for the PS3.

If Nintendo plays it right they could end up right back in the drivers seat where they left off with Super NES. And with them letting Manhunt come out on their machine it shows they have learned from their mistakes of the past.

Any serious gamer or home electronics person has a PS3 or a 360. I dont really understand the title of this thread about Wii beating something with tech, because Wii is largely using last-gen technology, which is why it is cheaper.

You cant make a true comparison...

The Wii is for KIDS, the PS3 and 360 are for grown folks.

Thats like comparing buying a 13 in Sony to a 52 inch plasma Sony.

Of course the 13 inch will get more sales.

Its not just kids playing with Wii's You'd be surprised at how many adults play some of these seemingly kiddie games....I know I was. And I believe the tech reference is to the controller which is also attracting alot of people. Plus if anything I think its the adults that are going to get tired of a gun walking around with no body and shooting aliens during WWII. Its the kids that don't care about the rehash of Halo in multiple forms.

You cant make a true comparison...

The Wii is for KIDS, the PS3 and 360 are for grown folks.

Cosign! Also...I'm getting the Wii for the younglings because its backwards compatible. I'm still a little :upset: over the fact that the Wii doesn't play CD's nor dvd's. I still have their PS2 their grandparents got them for Christmas back in 2001(The big body PS2 is what I call it.) :lol:

I'll be honest. I love graphics and all that fancy stuff that the X-Box360 and the PS3 can do, but the wii is just good gaming. The games are really cool.

I've been trying to find one, but can't! lol

The games that are coming out on XBOX and PS3 will soon seperate them from the WII. Games like Assassin's Creed and HitMan will show why PS and 360 are better.

I agree with CJ....I have a 360 and I know DAMN well im not about to be running around swinging some sticks like im playing tennis. Halo 3 alone OWNED WII and PS3 in one day. Then you have Gears of War, Madden, COD4,...no comparison.

The games that are coming out on XBOX and PS3 will soon seperate them from the WII. Games like Assassin's Creed and HitMan will show why PS and 360 are better.

This is the 1st generation WII.

1st year sales took Atari by surprise.
They are 3 year's ahead of schedule with the WII developement.
Established games being adapted for WII now was not supposed to happen until next year sometimes if then.

The next generation will have as much if not more power than PS3.
That's a no brainer with all the new games being adapted and developed for WII.

WII is going for the future Virtual gamming market while PS3 and X-Box are still confined to the old "right/left" click hand control technology.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The PS3 sales are climbing after price cut.....

U.S. sales of Sony Corp's (6758.T: Quote, Profile, Research) PlayStation 3 (PS3) more than doubled in the weeks following a price cut and the launch of a lower-priced version, the company said on Friday, in a sign of changing fortunes for the game console.

Sony said it sold about 75,000 PS3 consoles in the week of Oct. 29 in the United States, and more than 100,000 in the following week, compared with weekly sales of 30,000 to 40,000 before.

Sony cut the U.S. price of its PS3 with an 80-gigabyte hard disk drive by 17 percent to $499 in mid-October. It started selling a new model with a 40-GB hard drive on Nov. 2 for $399 in an effort to ignite demand ahead of the crucial holiday season.

Sony, locked in battle with Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) and Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.OS: Quote, Profile, Research) in the global videogame market, suffered a slow start for the PS3 after its launch a year ago because of high prices and a scarcity of strong game titles.

Story

I have a Brand New Wii that I am going to drop on eBay before Christmas...it was sitting in BestBuy, and I jumped on it.

I also own a XBOX 360 and I just brought PS3 with 20% coupon at K-Mart.

Back