Why Were Black Folk Arguing Over LETTERS due to MLK's Dedication Special on BET?

BRAVEHEART123

The Clown Prince of Crime
I was watching while on Twitter and I have never seen such ignorance in my life. Martin Luther King, Jr. was bigger than the Divine 9 will ever be.

It is ashame that this "New-School" generation lets the letters make them instead of them making the letters...:smh:. Arguing on rather Dr. King skated or not?

How low have we as black folks gotten...:smh::smh::smh::smh: SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.

That is a shame.....I'm a NUPE but I respect the other frats....it's an HONOR to have MLK a part of your fraternity!!!!

These days, they are nothing more than college gangs. Coming from a family with nothing but Alphas, Omegas, and AKAs, as much as I respect all fraternities and sororities, these days they just act like a bunch of gangs. What pisses me off even more is that while they are arguing about him "skating", not a single one of those gangbanger wannabes went through half of what he had to go through during that era.

These days, they are nothing more than college gangs. Coming from a family with nothing but Alphas, Omegas, and AKAs, as much as I respect all fraternities and sororities, these days they just act like a bunch of gangs. What pisses me off even more is that while they are arguing about him "skating", not a single one of those gangbanger wannabes went through half of what he had to go through during that era.

True!

i been saying this but im just an outsider looking in. i know there are alot of Greeks that do alot of community service and great things but that up there is truth and its sad.

:lol:

I've heard that gang argument too, but I don't understand it. For those of you who say black greeks are "gangs", what do you mean?

I didn't watch the show yesterday, because it was hyped as "Alpha Man". To me, MLK's impact on society went beyond his fraternal affiliation. To those that know, there were members of each organization in his inner circle who played key roles. People who without which I doubt he would have been able to have the same impact. This transcends fraternity and sorority. I just saw it as a pathetic attempt by Alpha Phi Alpha to draw attention to themselves. So, I didn't watch.

Tell me about it....

True

I didn't critique it. I gave my reason for not watching it. There's a difference.

Is the unveiling of the memorial about MLK and his legacy? Or was Alpha Phi Alpha using the occasion to glean some publicity for them? Who cares that he was an "Alpha Man" other than you guys? Really?

Like ... who cares Ralph Abernathy was a Kappa other than Kappas?

We care about the contribution these men made to society.

The titled turned me off. It seemed pretentious and shallow.

That's my opinion and you know I'm sticking to it. :lol:

I didn't critique it. I gave my reason for not watching it. There's a difference.

Is the unveiling of the memorial about MLK and his legacy? Or was Alpha Phi Alpha using the occasion to glean some publicity for them? Who cares that he was an "Alpha Man" other than you guys? Really?

Like ... who cares Ralph Abernathy was a Kappa other than Kappas?

We care about the contribution these men made to society.

The titled turned me off. It seemed pretentious and shallow.

That's my opinion and you know I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Did you even know that Alpha actually lead the charge and started the MLK memorial?

There is no need to argue what Alpha Phi Alpha did for the memorial....etc....to me that's sideline stuff. What's important is the issue as to why these young Greeks are arguing whether or not he "skated." Which to me is an issue that Alpha Phi Alpha should resolve because it has no recognizable importance to the contributions of MLK to society.

I don't give a dayum what fraternity MLK was part of....the guy did things for the world that only God could comprehend.

Now call me crazy but I really believed that God came down and was in that man because MLK was phenomenal.....

Then don't give a reason if you don't give a fugg in the first damn place...

:smh:

You still don't get it.

I imagine to 95% of Americans, MLK's fraternal affiliation is meaningless.

That "Alpha Man" crap served no purpose other than to inflate your already overblown egos.

It had nothing to do with the dedication of the MLK memorial. Nothing to do with his legacy. Nothing to do with how regular Americans feel about him and his work. Nothing at all.

There is no need to argue what Alpha Phi Alpha did for the memorial....etc....to me that's sideline stuff. What's important is the issue as to why these young Greeks are arguing whether or not he "skated." Which to me is an issue that Alpha Phi Alpha should resolve because it has no recognizable importance to the contributions of MLK to society.

I don't give a dayum what fraternity MLK was part of....the guy did things for the world that only God could comprehend.

Now call me crazy but I really believed that God came down and was in that man because MLK was phenomenal.....

That's my point. Why was it necessary to bring up fraternal affiliation at all?

:smh:

You still don't get it.

I imagine to 95% of Americans, MLK's fraternal affiliation is meaningless.

That "Alpha Man" crap served no purpose other than to inflate your already overblown egos.

It had nothing to do with the dedication of the MLK memorial. Nothing to do with his legacy. Nothing to do with how regular Americans feel about him and his work. Nothing at all.

What MLK has done over the course of his life was selfless and no one will even come close to his achievements. With that being said....It was called Alpha Man: The Brotherhood of MLK. It was just a documentary...

That's my point. Why was it necessary to bring up fraternal affiliation at all?

It was documentary on his fraternity for God's sake. Brother no offense but you sound like you wanted to pledge Alpha but was rejected or an Alpha took your woman....I mean really recognize the nature of the programming then adjust your television programming. It was interesting to me because maybe young men will see some positives in not just Alpha Phi Alpha but other fraternities.

What MLK has done over the course of his life was selfless and no one will even come close to his achievements. With that being said....It was called Alpha Man: The Brotherhood of MLK. It was just a documentary...

No one? You can see the future now?

Like I said ... that title made me not want to watch the show. And I didn't. I probably would have gladly watched a show about the MLK memorial. His "brotherhood" ... I'm not interested in.

Just my opinion. No need to get offended.

No one? You can see the future now?

Like I said ... that title made me not want to watch the show. And I didn't. I probably would have gladly watched a show about the MLK memorial. His "brotherhood" ... I'm not interested in.

Just my opinion. No need to get offended.

It's cool that you gave your opinion. Not knocking that but you came up with some other BS as to not watching it.

Back