Why Is There A Need for A Hell Fire?

Let's see here now. You say that folks will die in hell fire. Dacon says folks will burn forever in hell fire. Two Christians who read the same bible, but have vastly different beliefs. Which of you is correct? Which of you are confused?

Both of you can't be right. Where does the confusion end? One believes one way, another believes the other. Nothing but confusion.

Again, which one of you are correct?

If an object is burned to ashes, then that object is burned forever. If the flesh body of a human is cremated to ashes, then that body is burned forever. If God states that He is going to burn a spiritual body to ashes from within by fire, then that spiritual body is burned forever. What's my point? Science teaches us that if you violently burn something, then that thing that is burning will no longer return to its original form, nor will it exist any longer; that thing is forever gone and can no longer return. This is not confusion, but clarity and common sense.

Last edited:
Hopefully, this will help others to understand Hell Fire.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z_KM-aqduAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xTJMrzBJ28A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D9472se6Fr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sdNGNZqIEAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this not your quote?

If you'd go back and read, my quote was a question.

Please find any quote by me where I said the prophets were not operating by the Holy Spirit. Pretty please.

Moses and Abraham were prophets. In post #43, you hinted that they didn't have the holy spirit. If they didn't have it, then neither did the other prophets. It seems that you didn't know that the Old Testament prophets had the holy spirit until I introduced you to it.

We have agreed on this from the very first sentence. What I have tried to find out from you is if you really believe that Adam & Eve could not have sinned had there been no encounter with the serpent.

They didn't sin until the devil came in the garden. if the serpent had never been allowed in, there probably would've been no sin, however due to the allowance of the serpent into the garden, nobody will ever know.

Keep in mind though that all this is fictional nonsense and stories taken from the writings and oral stories of previous religions.
Surely you didn't think I believed any of that nonsense. I just wanted to enlighten you a bit about the book you claim to know.

Question??? What question?

Is it love to do the following: Drowing millions, genocide, ordering the virgins only to be kept alive, ordering the deaths of innocent babies, children and animals? Is it love to order that innocent animals be mutilated and sacrificed DAILY just so the biblical god could by appeased by the smell of their bloo? Is it loving to order folks be burned FOREVER?
Do You call ANY of that loving? Nevermind because you'll either say yes, or you'll avoid directly answering the question. LOL!!

No diversion with the tongue at all. The point was that the references to hell fire were quotes of Jesus and not of the apostles. This identifies where the concept had its inception in Christianity. Because Zoroaster was born before Jesus and developed a similar concept does nothing for or against hell as an element of doctrine in Christianity.

First of all, Zoroaster didn't develop a concept similar to the Jesus character. It was the other way around. The NT writers wrote similar ocncepts to that of the Zoroastrians. Please get it right.

The doctrine of hell fire is foreign to the Old Testament, it's foreign to the prophets, it's foreign to the ancient Israelites, it's foreign to Moses, to Abraham, to Isaac, to Jacob and any other prophet in the OT.

On the other hand, hell fire is NOT foreign to pagan religions, religions that were in existence between the capturing of the temple by the Babylonians and the coming of the New Testament church.
In other words, hell fire came not from the Old Testament god, it came from the gods of other religions. Jesus did not invent hell fire, other religions did.
Christianity took the hell fire doctrine and made it become part of their own religion. Why? Because they knew how effective it would be in creating fear amongst the masses of an everburning fire that would burn it's victims forever and ever.

When I cracked my sewer line and built a coupling out of rubber and O-clamps, I thought I had stumbled upon a million dollar plumbing innovation only to find out that they have been selling flex couplings for more than 100 years without me knowing such a thing existed. The existence of the product did not invalidate my development of a similar solution.

The problem with this flawed analogy is that you DIDN'T know about rubber and o-clamps before you invented your device, but the writers of the New Testament KNEW about the hell fire doctrine BEFORE Christianity came on the scene.

According to the scriptures was hell established before or after the institution of the prophetic gifting?
Isaiah wrote this and Paul quoted from it.
Isa 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard , nor perceived by the ear , neither hath the eye seen , O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

That verse mentions nothing specific about a hell fire, nothing at all. Try again.
Besides, the verse is talking about Chrisitians. They'll be the only ones WAITING for this god as noted by the last phrase in your quoted verse.

Please go back and read the passage from Amos and try to understand it in its proper context.

Amos 3:7 talks about the OT god revealing his PLANS to his prophets. Where did he reveal his plans for hell fire to either of his OT prophets? Nowhere. Either he intentionally kept them ignorant of this MAJOR doctrine OR this doctrine never existed to begin with during the time of the prophets.
I choose the latter.

Who wrote that verse? Do you even know? No, you don't.
If humans have the innate ability to love, there's no need for a standard by an ethereal invisible being folks claim as being god. Man wrote the bible any how, so the biblical standard of what love is has been set by men, not by an invisible creature.
Invisible creature?? This is evidence that you and I are not talking about the same Person. Man wrote what the Spirit breathed to him to give us the Scriptures.

Where was this tree located? Again, you don't know. You're just basing what you read on an empty faith that can neither be proven nor verified. No one has ever seen such a thing as a tree of knowledge.
The tree was located in the garden of Eden, according to the Scriptures. You would be better off saying, “No one that [JayRob] trusts has ever seen such a thing as a tree of knowledge.

Now you're talking ignorance. What human can understand a serpent's language and what human has ever had a face to face conversation with a serpent or snake? LOL!!
Again, you're just believing in another fairy tale story that can neither be proven nor verified.
Nor can it be invalidated. You seem to keep leaving out that part.

What does this have to do with ancient men writing about their thoughts of who and what they perceived to be god? Nothing.
Just another way of you avoiding answering the question about the man-made writings in the bible.
It has nothing to do with the writings of ancient men. It has everything to do with a modern man known here as JayRob.

Again, you're avoiding answering the obvious. I'll ask again: Is it showing love to sentence humans to burn in hell fire forever? If the biblical god would've never allowed this evil being to enter the garden, there would be no sin to begin with, so put the actual blame where it belongs. Do your usual and avoid addressing these questions. You're good at doing that.
And I will answer it again: No, Satan will show no love in sending humans to burn in hell forever. What you purport reads like we ought to blame the drill sergeant for the death of the troop who did not follow the orders that he was given.

No need to be stuck on humanity. You're stuck on believing that everything in the bible is justified, no matter how evil it is in the REAL world. You're living in a fantasy world and don't even know it.
All of my fantasies are better than this world that I am living in.

He did not make them like him. They were physical, he was spiritual. They had no indwelling of the holy spirit and had no power to overcome the serpent, therefore they were alone. I've shown this to you from your own bible.[/COLOR]
A few threads ago you said they were spiritual AND physical. Something has apparently changed your mind. What would that have been?

It's becoming repetitive of you avoiding answering my questions. You have no legit rebuttal, so you just gloss over them when you can't offer a logical response.
I'll ask them again: How long was Adam and Eve taught by the biblical god? A day or two? Why weren't they given the holy spirit to help them? If you don't know, just say so.
For the purpose of clarity, I am assuming that you ask how much time transpired between the forming of Eve and eating from the tree of which they were forbidden. The answer is that the Scripture does not say. However, let’s look at what the Scripture does tell us. There was enough time for:
  • God to have a day of rest from His labor;
  • Adam to name all of the animals;
  • Adam to identify plants that were good for food verses those which were not.
So, when you figure out how long that would take you to do as a modern man, then add how long you think it would take for an ancient and ignorant fella like Adam and get back to us.

The more you post, the more I see you don't know as much as I thought you did about the bible. The person you claim to be Jesus and god clearly stated in John 5:30, that OF HIMSELF, "he could do nothing". In other words, HE NEEDED HELP.
It states that "he was given the holy spirit". The holy spirit is given as a helper.
If Jesus was truly god, why did he need all of this help from the holy spirit? This is a total contradiction of Jesus being all-powerful and all-knowing. If he had to be given help, he wasn't who he claimed to be.

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
And just what is the context of this scripture? Would you care to share with us what He is talking about there? I will give you hint: it has nothing to do with His capacity to overcome sin. Second hint: the key word here is WILL.

You didn't even bother to answer the question....again.
How clumsy of me. Please accept my apology.
Answer: Fully equipped to “…Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth (Gen 1:28).â€
Did you notice the colon after subdue it:? That means that the text which follows further explains what the text that precedes it just said. Consequently, if the serpent met the qualifications denoted after the colon, then the orders which came before the colon applied to the serpent. So, what should have happened is that Adam should have subdued the serpent … just like he did fish, or strawberries, or collard greens.
Now, since you made no attempt to respond to my question at all, you have not used your 1 attempt. So, I will ask it again: Why would Jesus NOT need the Holy Spirit to overcome sin?

You're the one who can't build his own case. Who created the devil? Even if the devil rebelled, the OT god still didn't have to grant him access to Adam and Eve, but he did. They were purely physical, nothing more nothing less.
I don't understand why that's so hard for you to comprehend. It seems that you'll do everything you can not to blame the OT god for any wrongdoing even though there's a ton of wrongdoings perpetrated by him.
  1. Remember to explain why a few threads back you said Adam & Eve had spirits, which would be more “purely physical, nothing more nothing lessâ€.
  2. Remember to identify where it says that the serpent was a “powerful spiritual beingâ€.
  3. Remember to tell us how the disciples (and the other seventy) had authority to cast out devils PRIOR to Jesus’ death.
  4. Remember to tell us when Adam & Eve sinned and surrendered the authority that God gave them to subdue and have dominion over the creeping serpent.

Who ALLOWED the serpent into the garden? That's the FIRST question one should be asking.
You asked it and I answered it earlier: God did.

Who invited the serpent to tempt Adam and Eve in the first place?
Adam was only give PHYSICAL dominion. He had no spiritual power within him to help him to spiritually overcome the serpent.

If one is to be consistent with scripture throughout, the bible clearly states that one needs the holy spirit to help him overcome. Nothing is said about Adam having the holy spirit. Nothing is said about Adam being in the first resurrection because he never had the downpayment for the inheritance. He was only physical, not spiritual.

The bible states that Adam was EARTHY, which means to be carnal and of the earth. The second Adam was spiritual, who was said to be Jesus. One was physical and carnal, while the other was spiritual. The first Adam was given physical dominion. The second Adam was given spiritual dominion.
1Corinthians 15:47-50. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g] bear the image of the heavenly man. 50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
Please share with us where you find the limitation of PHYSICAL dominion.
If you are correct about the consistency of scripture throughout, what did Adam have to help him overcome prior to eating the fruit? If Jesus’ deity was not enough for Him to overcome temptations prior to being led into the wilderness, Who helped Him?
Now, by the passage that you chose, we understand it cannot be talking about Adam and us being dismissed from heaven because Jesus’s body is there. It goes on to tell us that our bodies will go there, too. Hence, it is not the physical body of Adam that is earthy but his … wait for it … here it comes … spirit: the element that you said in other threads that Adam had, but in this thread you beg to differ – saying that he was only physical.

According to the bible, spiritual dominion is much more powerful than mere physical dominion, the type of dominion given to Adam.
We have debunked this contention of the type of dominion. Moving on.

Lust entered through the serpent. If there was no serpent, there would be no lust. The question is, who left the gate open so the serpent could enter and tempt?
One more time: God left the gate WIDE OPEN.
Lessee hurrr … Was Lucifer created with lust? No. Were Adam & Eve created with lust? No. How did Lucifer acquire lust? Could Adam & Eve have acquired lust from the same source? If so, then they could sin without the serpent!

That response of yours has nothing to do with the post. You ran away again from answering the question. I'll repeat them: Then there's a verse claiming that the biblical god doesn't tempt any man. Say what? He doesn't tempt anyone, but he lets the devil come in and tempt them. What's the difference? There is none. He's just letting his creation do his dirty work for him.
The fact of the matter is the biblical god had the power to protect Adam and Eve from this serpent. He didnt. In fact, he did just the opposite. He allowed evil to access both Adam and Eve, knowing all along that they were going to fail. Then he punished them for failing. Would you consider that being justified? Nevermind, because no matter what, you always seem to blame the victims, which are humans.
What part of James 1 is difficult for you to understand about temptation? Perhaps I can help you.
Since hell was Satan’s destiny because of the rebellion, he could have been sent there directly to burn eternally without ever having encountered man. So, man would have been protected from Satan…and still left to be protected from himself.

Neither of those verses answer the simple question of what will happen to the billions who've never heard of this Jesus person.
You're not very good at answering questions directly. Instead of saying you don't know, you either ignore the question altogether or post verses/comments that have nothing to do with the question.
It is clear that you do not understand the verses, but we have been over that many times in other threads.

If the wiping away of tears include wiping away the memory of loved ones who are suffering in hell fire, then that's understandable. If your memory of loved ones remains intact, I don't see how you or anyone else could be rejoicing while all the time KNOWING that loved ones are burning and being tortured forever in hell fire. That would be the height of insensitivity and just outright carnal.
Since my tears will be wiped away, then I will have no more reason to cry. Deductive reasoning would say that I will not be remembering them any more.

There's no need to explain because you can't explain it logically using your theory. If humans were not the weaker vessel, why is there the need for a "helper" to be sent in the form of the holy spirit?
The Scriptures where Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit have the explanation. No addenda needed from me.

No, you didn't show how Adam and Eve were suitably equipped. You only posted that they were merely told not to do such and such and that was it. No holy spirit was given, no three and a half years of teaching like the apostles were given. How were they equipped other than a "pep talk" of what not to do? Please list what they were equipped with.
The were instructed as to what TO do. The Holy Spirit preceded them, just as recorded in the Scripture.

The first Adam was physical meaning he had physical dominion. The second Adam was spiritual, meaning he had spiritual dominion. That's a basic biblical doctrine that I'm sure you're familiar with or at least you should be.
These two doctrines clearly show and prove that Adam did not have spiritual power to overcome the serpent.
You are the first person that I have EVER heard make this contention.

Adam wasn't given this power, so why are you even mentioning it as if he did? He was shortchanged, cheated and misled by the OT god.
…
Oh, so it's okay for YOU to have the holy spirit to give YOU power to help you overcome, but it wasn't okay for Adam and Eve to be granted this SAME power? That's the height of hypocrisy if I ever saw it.
Already addressed above.

You need to do more research on the differences between physical dominion verses spiritual dominion and the differences between the first Adam and the second Adam.
For you to contend that Jesus did not have dominion over the physical is …

Matt 8:25-27
25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. 26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. 27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

...significant in the most woeful of ways.

If an object is burned to ashes, then that object is burned forever. If the flesh body of a human is cremated to ashes, then that body is burned forever. If God states that He is going to burn a spiritual body to ashes from within by fire, then that spiritual body is burned forever. What's my point? Science teaches us that if you violently burn something, then that thing that is burning will no longer return to its original form, nor will it exist any longer; that thing is forever gone and can no longer return. This is not confusion, but clarity and common sense.
Succinct. Timely. Extremely well-expressed. :lecture:

:tup:

Succinct. Timely. Extremely well-expressed.

That's nowhere near the doctrine that you proposed.
The doctrine mentioned by RB falls more in line with Romans 6:23 where it says, "for the wages of sin is death". Your doctrine proposes eternal life in hell fire.

Are you now admitting that your doctrine is in error?

dacontinent [QUOTE said:
Invisible creature?? This is evidence that you and I are not talking about the same Person. Man wrote what the Spirit breathed to him to give us the Scriptures.

You have no evidence of anyone inspiring anyone. LOL!! If your theory is correct, then the same entity who inspired the biblical writers must have inspired the writers of other religions that came BEFORE the bible because they have many of the same writings. Go figure.

The tree was located in the garden of Eden, according to the Scriptures. You would be better off saying, “No one that [JayRob] trusts has ever seen such a thing as a tree of knowledge.

Just like I thought, outside of the bible, you can't provide a shred of evidence proving that there ever was such a thing called a "tree of knowledge". Not surprised though.

Nor can it be invalidated. You seem to keep leaving out that part.

You're EXACTLY right, the story of a serpent in a garden cannot be validated. We finally agree.

It has nothing to do with the writings of ancient men. It has everything to do with a modern man known here as JayRob.

Leave JayRob out of this. Just because the writings in the bible were plagiarized from other religions and other writings, it's not fair to blame the messenger.

And I will answer it again: No, Satan will show no love in sending humans to burn in hell forever. What you purport reads like we ought to blame the drill sergeant for the death of the troop who did not follow the orders that he was given.

Keep blaming this being called satan. He was only a convenient tool used to tempt. The real culprit is the one who allowed him access to innocent victims.

All of my fantasies are better than this world that I am living in.

That's what the bible is, a book of fantasies. If that helps you cope with the trials and difficulties of this existence, so be it. I have no problem with that, but just don't purport the bible off as being full of inspired facts because it's not.

A few threads ago you said they were spiritual AND physical. Something has apparently changed your mind. What would that have been?

Please post the exact words where I stated that Adam and Eve were spiritual AND physical. If you can, then I'll clarify. If you can't, then I'll chalk it up as more diversion fodder.

For the purpose of clarity, I am assuming that you ask how much time transpired between the forming of Eve and eating from the tree of which they were forbidden. The answer is that the Scripture does not say. However, let’s look at what the Scripture does tell us. There was enough time for:
  • God to have a day of rest from His labor;
  • Adam to name all of the animals;
  • Adam to identify plants that were good for food verses those which were not.
So, when you figure out how long that would take you to do as a modern man, then add how long you think it would take for an ancient and ignorant fella like Adam and get back to us.

What does naming animals have to do with being taught about a serpent whose been around for perhaps thousands of years? Even if it took Adam a year to name animals and plants, it still wouldn't have been nearly enough time to prepare him for such a being. You're really reaching here with your theories though.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
And just what is the context of this scripture? Would you care to share with us what He is talking about there? I will give you hint: it has nothing to do with His capacity to overcome sin. Second hint: the key word here is WILL.

Dacon, when the Jesus character said, "I can of myself do nothing", that clearly meant that he had no power OF HIS OWN to overcome.
He also stated in John 14:10 that, "the father that dwelleth in me, HE DOETH THE WORKS."
This clearly tells me that if the father wasn't IN this Jesus character via the holy spirit, he wouldn't have been able to do the works that he was doing. Simple isn't it.

How clumsy of me. Please accept my apology.
Answer: Fully equipped to “…Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth (Gen 1:28).”
Did you notice the colon after subdue it:? That means that the text which follows further explains what the text that precedes it just said. Consequently, if the serpent met the qualifications denoted after the colon, then the orders which came before the colon applied to the serpent. So, what should have happened is that Adam should have subdued the serpent … just like he did fish, or strawberries, or collard greens.
Now, since you made no attempt to respond to my question at all, you have not used your 1 attempt. So, I will ask it again:

First of all, how are you characterizing this serpent? If you're characterizing it as a normal physical animal, then you're going against your own bible because the bible says in Ezekiel 28 that he was very wise and intelligent. It seems that you're knowingly or unknowingly mis-characterizing who the serpent in the garden actually was.
Secondly, if you understand the verse you quoted, you'd realize that everything Adam was given dominion over was PHYSICAL. The serpent, as described in Ezekiel was spiritually powerful. He's known as "the prince of the power of the air".
Adam wasn't equipped with spiritual power via the holy spirit to be able to combat this being. You left out a lot that Adam wasn't equipped with.

Why would Jesus NOT need the Holy Spirit to overcome sin?

Please post where I stated that the Jesus character didn't need the holy spirit to overcome. It seems that you're misreading my posts or they're too advanced for you.

[*]Remember to explain why a few threads back you said Adam & Eve had spirits, which would be more “purely physical, nothing more nothing less”.

Again, please post where I stated that Adam and Eve had the HOLY spirit. You must be getting me mixed up with someone else, but please post it.

Remember to identify where it says that the serpent was a “powerful spiritual being”.

Ezekiel 28:12-15. You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite and emerald, topaz, onyx and jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings[c] were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. 14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones.
15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.

Now please explain how a weaker and physical bound Adam could compete with such a being.

[*]Remember to tell us how the disciples (and the other seventy) had authority to cast out devils PRIOR to Jesus’ death.

I stated before that it doesn't take much power to be able to cast out demons in Jesus name because other religions do it in their god's name as well as by other means. No big deal so it seems, if other pagans can do the same thing.

Remember to tell us when Adam & Eve sinned and surrendered the authority that God gave them to subdue and have dominion over the creeping serpent.

After reading the verses in Ezekiel 28, do you STILL think the serpent (Lucifer) was a mere physical creature? I hope not.

You asked it and I answered it earlier: God did.

Then there you have it, the GUILTY party. Such a powerful being as the serpent was, Adam would've had to be just as powerful and wise to compete with such a being. Guess what? He wasn't. He didn't have a chance.

Please share with us where you find the limitation of PHYSICAL dominion.

Ironically I found them from the very verse you just posted in Genesis 1:28. Everything mentioned was physical. Adam was given no spiritual authority.

If you are correct about the consistency of scripture throughout, what did Adam have to help him overcome prior to eating the fruit?

Nothing because he wasn't tempted before then.

If Jesus’ deity was not enough for Him to overcome temptations prior to being led into the wilderness, Who helped Him?

Who was it who said, "the father which is in me, HE doeth the works?" Who is the "He" the Jesus character was referring to? the holy spirit, that's who.

Now, by the passage that you chose, we understand it cannot be talking about Adam and us being dismissed from heaven because Jesus’s body is there. It goes on to tell us that our bodies will go there, too. Hence, it is not the physical body of Adam that is earthy but his … wait for it … here it comes … spirit: the element that you said in other threads that Adam had, but in this thread you beg to differ – saying that he was only physical.

Again, this points out one's limited understanding. That's why I always preface the term "spirit" with an adjective....i.e., the HOLY spirit.
Adam had a physical (human) spirit that allowed him to comprehend PHYSICAL things, but he didn't have the HOLY spirit which would've allowed him to comprehend SPIRITUAL things.

Again, Adam was given dominion over physical things, therefore he had to have a human spirit to allow him to do so or he would've been no more intelligent than the animals he was given dominion over.
If you need more clarification, please let me know.

We have debunked this contention of the type of dominion. Moving on.

You thought you did, but you didn't.

One more time: God left the gate WIDE OPEN.
Lessee hurrr … Was Lucifer created with lust? No. Were Adam & Eve created with lust? No. How did Lucifer acquire lust? Could Adam & Eve have acquired lust from the same source? If so, then they could sin without the serpent!

Who tempted Lucifer that was MORE powerful than Lucifer? No one I suppose, so why was it fair and just for Adam to be tempted by a being MORE powerful than himself? Your asessment is not a fair assessment at all.

As far as actually KNOWING if Adam and Eve could sin without Lucifer, they were never given that opportunity, so we'll never know.

What part of James 1 is difficult for you to understand about temptation? Perhaps I can help you.

If one is to be drawn away of his OWN lusts, then that's on him, but why allow a more powerful being to help draw him away to lust? That's where I'm coming from and that's where the blatant injustice comes into play.

Since hell was Satan’s destiny because of the rebellion, he could have been sent there directly to burn eternally without ever having encountered man. So, man would have been protected from Satan…and still left to be protected from himself.

At the least, this would've been the just and honest thing to do, then there would be no excuse. Man would've sinned of his own volition, not due to being tempted to sin by a being more powerful than himself.

It is clear that you do not understand the verses, but we have been over that many times in other threads.

Enlighten me again. What will happen to those billions who never heard the name of Jesus?

Since my tears will be wiped away, then I will have no more reason to cry. Deductive reasoning would say that I will not be remembering them any more.

Tears being wiped away doesn't mean that your memory will be wiped away. if your memory is wiped away, then how will you be able to maintain the character that you grew in while here on earth? If your memory is being wiped away, you'd be nothing more than a robot whose mind has been re-programmed and your ability to make your own decisions would be compromised.

The Scriptures where Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit have the explanation. No addenda needed from me.

This still doesn't explain "why humans need a holy spirit. If they were already equipped to overcome sin and Satan, why the helper?

The were instructed as to what TO do. The Holy Spirit preceded them, just as recorded in the Scripture.

When did the holy spirit enter Adam and Eve? It didn't.
Just being instructed to DO something is not enough. The disciples were instructed for three and a half years to do such and such, yet it didn't keep them from abandoning the Jesus character.
On the other hand, after they had received the holy spirit, according to the New Testament, they never abandoned him again, and they grew in spiritual character.

Do you now see the importance of the holy spirit being IN a person now?

You are the first person that I have EVER heard make this contention.

You should've learned this in theology school.

Already addressed above.

It WAS addressed above, but wrongly addressed. It's not fair for the disciples to be granted such extra power via the holy spirit, yet Adam and Eve not given the same opportunities and power. That would be showing a "respecter of persons" if that were the case.

For you to contend that Jesus did not have dominion over the physical is
Matt 8:25-27. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. 26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. 27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!
...significant in the most woeful of ways.

Did you not comprehend my post? I stated that Adam, the first one, only had dominion over the physical. I said nothing about the Jesus character not having authority over the physical.
According to the bible, the Jesus character supposedly had authority over both the physical and the spiritual. It also showed that he had the holy spirit as well, something Adam simply didn't have.

That's nowhere near the doctrine that you proposed.
The doctrine mentioned by RB falls more in line with Romans 6:23 where it says, "for the wages of sin is death". Your doctrine proposes eternal life in hell fire.

Are you now admitting that your doctrine is in error?
Nope. The scripture says
Matt 25:46

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.​

And

2 Thess 1:7-9

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;​

Whether He chooses to accomplish this in burning bush fashion - meaning that the fire is applied but the target is not consumed - or by the target being converted to ash, the affect is that that which is set ablaze will not ever be released from the punishment of the fire.

Like I said very early in this thread, hell is about 2 Thess 1:9 - being permanently removed from the presence of the Lord. We know from Revelation that the devil, the beast, and the false prophet will be tormented forever.

I'm not one for using hell as a scare tactic to get folks to turn to God. In my experience (which is small compared to the people on earth), those who are motivated by such means don't remain motivated in that way. I believe we have been given this understanding hell to motivate true believers in helping to spread the GOOD NEWS so we won't lose so many that we do love and those that we don't even know to such an eternal fate.

1. If the religions that came before or after were inspired by the same Person, then they would all agree. Since they are so divergent, we know that such is not possible.
  2. While I appreciate all of the archeologists and scientists who are digging around and trying to find physical authentication, I don't need that. I BELIEVE the Word already.
  3. We can't leave JayRob out of this because he started this thread, initiating the discussion by asking the question and then challenging the answers.
  4. I won't be looking for quotes of anybody (including mine) in other threads. You can go and look if you want. The subject of the thread had to do with the eternal existence of the soul.
  5. Spending intimate time God can do more for you in and instant than hanging around conversations and teachings about God can do for you in a lifetime.
  6. The fact that you fail to see that John 5:30 is about Jesus getting His instruction directly from the Father and that you interpreted the Holy Spirit as the Father in John 14 is a graphic presentation of what you don't know from the Scripture. To associate the Father working in Jesus with His ability is overcome sin is ... not very smart.
  7. Adam was given dominion over the earth and everything in it, to be in earth as God is in heaven. Adam was physical and spiritual. The serpent, physical and spiritual, was in the earth. Adam's responsibility with respect to the serpent was to dominate and subdue him.
  8. Jesus was God manifest in the flesh. The Father needs no help in overcoming sin and neither does the Son.
  9. Read the remainder of Ezekiel 28 and get back to us.
  10. If it doesn't take much power to cast out demons, go out there and do it. Better yet, come and deal with some of the people that I encounter who have them within. I dare you.
  11. When you come to understand what lust is, you will understand that no one else is required in order for you to have it.
  12. Don't blame Satan or God for humans going to hell or encountering any of its punishments. Humans go to hell of their own volition.
  13. The Holy Spirit will not keep anyone from sin. A person with the Holy Spirit still has the ability to choose in every decision. He will direct the believer and guide him in making the proper choices, but the decision is still left to the believer. The apostles still sinned and wrote it down for us to see.
  14. The Scripture says the Holy Spirit is given to the believer to
    • abide with him forever. So, you want to make Him comfortable. Believers need aassurance.
    • teach you what Jesus has said, which is what the Father has said. Believers need reminding.
    • testify about Jesus. There are some wonderful things about Jesus that believers need to be aware of.
    • bear witness to the believer. Believers need to be strengthened.
    • inspire the believer. Believers need to be refreshed
    • endow the believer with gifts for the working of ministry. Believers need to do their part in expanding the Kingdom of God.
      For starters.
  15. Instruction is enough for those who will obey the instruction.
  16. JayRob said:
    The first Adam was physical meaning he had physical dominion. The second Adam was spiritual, meaning he had spiritual dominion. That's a basic biblical doctrine that I'm sure you're familiar with or at least you should be.
    These two doctrines clearly show and prove that Adam did not have spiritual power to overcome the serpent.
    Once again you have flip-flopped.

dacontinent [QUOTE said:
Nope. The scripture says
Matt 25:46; 2 Thess 1:7-9
Whether He chooses to accomplish this in burning bush fashion - meaning that the fire is applied but the target is not consumed - or by the target being converted to ash, the affect is that that which is set ablaze will not ever be released from the punishment of the fire.​

Dacon, just a few posts ago, you were advocating the doctrine of eternal hell fire burning humans forever and ever. Now you've suddenly flipped the scrip and seem to believe that humans will die in a hell fire? Which one is correct?

Like I said very early in this thread, hell is about 2 Thess 1:9 - being permanently removed from the presence of the Lord.

Being separate from the biblical god is one thing, but being burned in hot sulfur fire every second for the rest of eternity is one thing too. You actually taught this to your congregation, now you must change it to dying in hell fire.

We know from Revelation that the devil, the beast, and the false prophet will be tormented forever.

I'm not one for using hell as a scare tactic to get folks to turn to God. In my experience (which is small compared to the people on earth), those who are motivated by such means don't remain motivated in that way. I believe we have been given this understanding hell to motivate true believers in helping to spread the GOOD NEWS so we won't lose so many that we do love and those that we don't even know to such an eternal fate.

Educated and enlightened folks are now discounting such a thing as a hell fire theory. Religions based on fear usually never work for the long haul any how.

As far as being given understanding of hell fire, Christians can thank the religion of Zoroastranism.​

dacontinent; [QUOTE said:
[*]If the religions that came before or after were inspired by the same Person, then they would all agree. Since they are so divergent, we know that such is not possible.

Not true. If the biblical writers had copied EVERYTHING word for word, then educated folks would know for sure that it was copied. Plus they had to form the religion to fit their culture as well, so what was a norm in one culture would not be appropriate.

[*]While I appreciate all of the archeologists and scientists who are digging around and trying to find physical authentication, I don't need that. I BELIEVE the Word already.

It's not that you don't need it, it's that your mind is so closed that you don't want it to burst everything that you once learned as a child and is now teaching as a minister. It would be very difficult for one to handle.

[*]We can't leave JayRob out of this because he started this thread, initiating the discussion by asking the question and then challenging the answers.

Again, you're trying to divert in order to avoid. Like I stated earlier, outside of the bible, you can't provide a shred of evidence proving that there ever was such a thing called a "tree of knowledge". Not surprised though.

[*]I won't be looking for quotes of anybody (including mine) in other threads. You can go and look if you want. The subject of the thread had to do with the eternal existence of the soul.

So you admit that you can't prove that you were telling the truth? I'll give you another chance before moving on. Please post the exact words where I stated that Adam and Eve were spiritual AND physical. I'm begging you to.

[*]Spending intimate time God can do more for you in and instant than hanging around conversations and teachings about God can do for you in a lifetime.

That's merely an opinion of yours, but it still doesn't show how Adam could be wiser than the serpent in the garden. Remember, this serpent was once a part of the biblical god's throne.

[*]The fact that you fail to see that John 5:30 is about Jesus getting His instruction directly from the Father and that you interpreted the Holy Spirit as the Father in John 14 is a graphic presentation of what you don't know from the Scripture. To associate the Father working in Jesus with His ability is overcome sin is ... not very smart.

What part of Jesus saying, "the father is in me" is difficult to understand? I'm a non-believer, yet I understand that much. If Jesus was "all that", there would be no need for the father to give him any instruction to begin with. He would ALREADY know what to do and he would have the authority to do it of his own volition, but he didn't.

[*]Adam was given dominion over the earth and everything in it, to be in earth as God is in heaven. Adam was physical and spiritual. The serpent, physical and spiritual, was in the earth. Adam's responsibility with respect to the serpent was to dominate and subdue him.

That's not biblically accurate. Please post the verses proving that Adam had spiritual dominion over anything.

[*]Jesus was God manifest in the flesh. The Father needs no help in overcoming sin and neither does the Son.

Again, you're mistaken about Jesus. Why did he have the holy spirit if he didn't need any help? The holy spirit was called "the helper". That title alone speaks for itself. If Jesus didn't need any help, he wouldn't have been given the holy spirit.

[*]Read the remainder of Ezekiel 28 and get back to us.

What do you mean us? I'm posting to you. The chapter clearly tells how powerful the serpent was while he was at god's throne. You simply ran from the chapter, fully knowing what it said. Ezekiel 28 is the smoking gun that you don't want to address, so I guess the next best thing to do is ignore it.
A powerful being tempting a physical human who didn't even have the holy spirit to help him. Not a fair fight at all.

[*]If it doesn't take much power to cast out demons, go out there and do it. Better yet, come and deal with some of the people that I encounter who have them within. I dare you.

People are doing it and have done it. Christianity doesn't have a monopoly on casting out demons or healing. If you believe that it does, then you're not very enlightened at all.

[*]When you come to understand what lust is, you will understand that no one else is required in order for you to have it.

If no one else is required for one to be tempted to lust, then why did the biblical god have to use the serpent as a tool to tempt Adam and Eve? He coud've just sat back and waited for Adam to lust, but he didn't. He took matter into his own hand and basically trapped Adam into sinning by sending in a much more powerful serpent. Then he had the very nerve to punish Adam for losing to the more powerful opponent.

[*]Don't blame Satan or God for humans going to hell or encountering any of its punishments. Humans go to hell of their own volition.

Again, you're blaming the victim. If there was no serpent entering the garden, how do you know Adam would've sinned? That's it, you don't.

[*]The Holy Spirit will not keep anyone from sin. A person with the Holy Spirit still has the ability to choose in every decision. He will direct the believer and guide him in making the proper choices, but the decision is still left to the believer. The apostles still sinned and wrote it down for us to see.

If the holy spirit has the power to lead and guide one into making the proper choices, why wasn't Adam allotted this power before the serpent came in?
Wasn't Jesus allotted this power? Weren't the disciples allotted this power to combat satan? Yes and yes, but nooooo, not Adam. I guess he wasn't worthy.

The Scripture says the Holy Spirit is given to the believer to
  • abide with him forever. So, you want to make Him comfortable. Believers need aassurance.
  • teach you what Jesus has said, which is what the Father has said. Believers need reminding.
  • testify about Jesus. There are some wonderful things about Jesus that believers need to be aware of.
  • bear witness to the believer. Believers need to be strengthened.
  • inspire the believer. Believers need to be refreshed
  • endow the believer with gifts for the working of ministry. Believers need to do their part in expanding the Kingdom of God.

• Again I ask, if the holy spirit provided such tremendous tools to overcome satan, why weren't these same tools and gifts granted to Adam and Eve? You still can't answer that question.

For starters. [*]Instruction is enough for those who will obey the instruction.

So, what's the use of the holy spirit IF instruction is all there is to it? Again, you're mistaken. The apostles were given instruction for three and a half years but they still abandoned the Jesus character. Not until they received the holy spirit did they actually change their entire attitude. Saul/Paul included.

Once again you have flip-flopped.

Again, show me the post where I've flip-flopped. Didn't you just accuse me of being the FIRST person you've ever heard to claim that Adam only had authority over the physical? If that's the case, then how did I flip-flop.
    Again, show me where I stated that Adam was a spiritual person.

Hopefully this will allow you to understand the flawed doctrine and belief of strictly putting the blame on Adam, Eve and the serpent. The biblical god had his part in it as well, but I know you'll never admit to this due to tunnel vision and a sense of overwhelming subjectivity on behalf of the biblical god.

Dacon, just a few posts ago, you were advocating the doctrine of eternal hell fire burning humans forever and ever. Now you've suddenly flipped the scrip and seem to believe that humans will die in a hell fire? Which one is correct?

Being separate from the biblical god is one thing, but being burned in hot sulfur fire every second for the rest of eternity is one thing too. You actually taught this to your congregation, now you must change it to dying in hell fire.

We know from Revelation that the devil, the beast, and the false prophet will be tormented forever.
Nothing of my position has changed. Sinners burn forever and you ain't coming back.

Educated and enlightened folks are now discounting such a thing as a hell fire theory. Religions based on fear usually never work for the long haul any how.

As far as being given understanding of hell fire, Christians can thank the religion of Zoroastranism.
You and all of your educated and enlightened friends are free to think whatever you would like to think. I choose to stick with the Word. This is exactly why being a Christian is so wonderful:
John 3:16-21

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Flip
JayRob said:

Flop
JayRob said:
Did you not comprehend my post? I stated that Adam, the first one, only had dominion over the physical. I said nothing about the Jesus character not having authority over the physical.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
dacontinent [QUOTE said:
Nothing of my position has changed. Sinners burn forever and you ain't coming back.

If we don't die, I'll be here forever. As far as your position changing, as RB pointed out, sinners will not burn forever.
In my opinion, there'll be no burning at all.

You and all of your educated and enlightened friends are free to think whatever you would like to think. I choose to stick with the Word. This is exactly why being a Christian is so wonderful:
John 3:16-21

No need for you to say it because I already know this. No matter how wrong you are, it's been proven time and again that you'd rather remain wrong and misguided than admit that the bible is not what it's purported to be by it's supporters. That's unfortunate though.

JayRob, do you have the power of the Holy Ghost working in your life?

No. If one can prove that the god of the bible is the one true god based on it's writings, then I'd have no choice but to look into this holy ghost situation. I'm waiting on someone like you to prove it. Until then, I'll remain a non-believer.

Do you not realize that the first Adam was the Adam in the garden of Eden, while the second Adam was the Jesus Christ? I think you might need to freshen up a bit on the biblical Adams of the bible. You seem confused.
Not only do I realize who the first and second Adam's are, but I also realize that they both arrived sinless and with the same dominion. Do you not see that Adam was supposed to be Eve's savior but he failed to do his job?

No. If one can prove that the god of the bible is the one true god based on it's writings, then I'd have no choice but to look into this holy ghost situation. I'm waiting on someone like you to prove it. Until then, I'll remain a non-believer.
This post tell us what you know of the Holy Ghost: Nothing.

JayRob said:
So, what's the use of the holy spirit IF instruction is all there is to it? Again, you're mistaken. The apostles were given instruction for three and a half years but they still abandoned the Jesus character. Not until they received the holy spirit did they actually change their entire attitude. Saul/Paul included.
Obedience was all there was to it...until man failed to obey. Sin, then, complicated a whole lot of things (Gen 3). The apostles (and the rest of us) still had to deal with sin in their lives AFTER receiving the Holy Ghost. I don't understand what you are trying to say about abandonment or change in attitude having anything to do with what we are discussing here about the ability to overcome sin and the devil.

You asked me what the need is for the Holy Spirit and I spelled out several needs that we have according to the scripture - all of which were provided to Adam & Eve BEFORE they sinned and to believers AFTER their sins are washed away but while they remain in the flesh into which they were born.

If no one else is required for one to be tempted to lust, then why did the biblical god have to use the serpent as a tool to tempt Adam and Eve? He coud've just sat back and waited for Adam to lust, but he didn't. He took matter into his own hand and basically trapped Adam into sinning by sending in a much more powerful serpent. Then he had the very nerve to punish Adam for losing to the more powerful opponent.
If the holy spirit has the power to lead and guide one into making the proper choices, why wasn't Adam allotted this power before the serpent came in?
Wasn't Jesus allotted this power? Weren't the disciples allotted this power to combat satan? Yes and yes, but nooooo, not Adam. I guess he wasn't worthy.
Again I ask, if the holy spirit provided such tremendous tools to overcome satan, why weren't these same tools and gifts granted to Adam and Eve? You still can't answer that question.
I have answered these multiple times. You don't like the answers. The Scriptures don't change for any of us.

Again, you're blaming the victim. If there was no serpent entering the garden, how do you know Adam would've sinned? That's it, you don't.
And ... if there were no serpent entering the garden, how do you know that Adam would NOT have sinned? We don't, but God did. He also made provision for it.

Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

What do you mean us? I'm posting to you. The chapter clearly tells how powerful the serpent was while he was at god's throne. You simply ran from the chapter, fully knowing what it said. Ezekiel 28 is the smoking gun that you don't want to address, so I guess the next best thing to do is ignore it.
A powerful being tempting a physical human who didn't even have the holy spirit to help him. Not a fair fight at all.
If you want to post to me, then send me private messages. If you post in a public forum, it is a post to all subscribers.

Since you did not post the scriptures that follow, I will. Notice the tense of things, please.
Ezek 28:12-19
12 "Son of man, weep for the king of Tyre. Give him this message from the Sovereign LORD: You were the perfection of wisdom and beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God. Your clothing was adorned with every precious stone — red carnelian, chrysolite, white moonstone, beryl, onyx, jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald — all beautifully crafted for you and set in the finest gold. They were given to you on the day you were created. 14 I ordained and anointed you as the mighty angelic guardian. You had access to the holy mountain of God and walked among the stones of fire.

15 "You were blameless in all you did from the day you were created until the day evil was found in you. 16 Your great wealth filled you with violence, and you sinned. So I banished you from the mountain of God. I expelled you, O mighty guardian, from your place among the stones of fire. 17 Your heart was filled with pride because of all your beauty. You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth and exposed you to the curious gaze of kings. 18 You defiled your sanctuaries with your many sins and your dishonest trade. So I brought fire from within you, and it consumed you. I let it burn you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. 19 All who knew you are appalled at your fate. You have come to a terrible end, and you are no more."​

If I read you right, you will want to blame God for making him so beautiful that it drove him to rebel.

You are right about one thing, the fight was rigged for Adam to win it and he took a dive. Jesus came and rigged the rematch. The only question remaining for each of us is whether we will take a dive like Adam or raise our hands in victory with Christ.

Not only do I realize who the first and second Adam's are, but I also realize that they both arrived sinless and with the same dominion. Do you not see that Adam was supposed to be Eve's savior but he failed to do his job?

Savior or no savior, he should've been given the spiritual help he needed but he wasn't. Somebody either goofed or they intentionally wanted him to fail or both.

This post tell us what you know of the Holy Ghost: Nothing.

My point being that if the bible's fictional, then so is this entity called a holy ghost. Not being cocky or anything, but I honestly think that I have more knowledge of this holy ghost subject than most.

Back