Why is Harvard Better than JSU academically?

It is not where you get your degree from it is who you know. People from Yale are no smarter than people from HBCU's. It is the individual who gets the job not the school.

Sorry, I have yet to ask for someone's transcipt. I have not had anyone to ask for my transcipt. I have worked for some of the top companies in the nation.

They look at your previous position, not your academic credentials. Maybe if you are a fresh out the box college grad. But not if you have 2+ years of experience.

After a few months of experience, your degree might as well be thrown out the door.

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
Sorry, I have yet to ask for someone's transcipt. I have not had anyone to ask for my transcipt. I have worked for some of the top companies in the nation.

They look at your previous position, not your academic credentials. Maybe if you are a fresh out the box college grad. But not if you have 2+ years of experience.

After a few months of experience, your degree might as well be thrown out the door.
I definitely find this to be true in the legal profession. When I finished law school and my original job offer fell through, I was forced to "pound the pavement" for a new gig. All people wanted to know was, "have you passed the bar??? When I answered, "I'm awaiting the results," they'd say, "holla back when you get 'em." All they wanted to know is if they could send me into the courtroom the next day.

As for the question earlier about being opposite a Harvard grad in court, this JSU alum firmly believes that that Harvard grad better be on it, and better have the law on his side.

TMaster, I'm gonna go devil's advocate.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. The bottom line is HBCUs better get off our AAAAA$$ and fuggin compete.

,, and gosh-dayumit when i say compete, i mean compete in every realm. Our facilities must be second to none. Our resources must be second to none. OUR BIG-MOUTH ALUMNS MUST STEP UP FINACIALLY AND SUPPORT OUR SCHOOLS. Our instructors must be second to none. And finally,,,,,,,,,, all the workers at our institutions must realize that college is not only an opportunity for aspirants, but it is also a business where aspirants CAN FREAKING CHOSE, now days, TO GO TO ANY COLLEGE OF THEIR CHOICE, SO YOU BETTER MAKE YOUR COLLEGE AS DESIRABLE AND INVITING AS POSSIBLE!!!!

HBCUs enjoyed a brief monopoly shortly after the civil rights revolution, but now my friend,,,,,,,, and all HBCUers,,,,, IT IS ROOT-HOG OR MOFO'IN DIE!!!! ENOUGH of this, poor little us HBCUs. ENOUGH of this,,, de only reason dey go to dem schools is because dey be hate demselves and be uncuhtoms,,, BLAH, BLAH, FUGGIN' BLAH!!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

da bottom line, in this country, in our free market,,, is yo arse better be able to COMPETE EFFECTIVELY. but ok, ok,,, you might say,, "weeeeeell,,, de-uuuuuh, biggah schoolz dey be haves betta repitashuns den uz because of brainwashed". welp, i say fugg all dat. Tuskegee didn't have no FREAKING reputation in the early 1900s; we had a mutha fuggin CAUSE and a CORE fuggin BELIEF, MISSION and fuggin HELLATIOUS arse leadership. Even if we can all agree there is a "bias" among the schools and much to do about name recognition and such,, HBCUs must be UNDAUNTED and push for continuous improvement. In fact, I would say this should serve as excellent MOTIVATION for HBCUs to produce superior products than the so called "ivory league ellites" (or the respective "capstone colleges" in the respective states).

HBCUs better focus on getting the latest technology and the most up to date amenities and getting the brightest and highly motivated minds as teachers/professors, department heads and presidents. Enough of this psycho-babble bout mugz and their preference for white schools. Focus on a superior product at the HBCUs and that's it. End of story. Continuous improvement at HBCUs I say.

Back